Murder conviction overturned, Betty Tyson arrested for petit larceny

Sep 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Democrat & Chronicle

Betty Tyson, who spent 25 years in prison for murder before having the her conviction overturned in 1998, was charged with petit larceny in Greece last month, accused of stealing $32.50 worth of items from a local grocery store.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
semper fi forever

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

Hey Rhon-DUH, is this piece of GHETTO TRASH yo' mammy?
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

They should sentence her to 25 years and then just call it "time severed" and let her go free.
CrackHead

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

She spent time in jail for grand theft before committing that murder..

And now she’s stealing again. Typical trash.

Whoever gave her $1.25 Million should be shot. How freaking stupid.

Lock this felon up.
I love greecechester

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

this fat dumb swoog lives in a big new house that was paid for by the police dpt and has criminal kids and grandkids and grandgrand kids livin in it and aint none of them follow no rules.

Get out of my town aunt fckn jemima
CrackHead

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

I bet she's broke. Stupid got $1.25M from the police and I bet it's gone.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

She was awarded the money in a lawsuit against the Rochester Police Department for withholding evidence at her trial.

Guess you can't take the ghetto out them after all.
now what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Haha she liked jail so much she wanted to go back it just shows u how dumb knee grown are dumb as $hit I dont have a million dollars and I still dont steal but this dumb ass blacky does haha she should have kept her in jail

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

now what wrote:
Haha she liked jail so much she wanted to go back it just shows u how dumb knee grown are dumb as $hit I dont have a million dollars and I still dont steal but this dumb ass blacky does haha she should have kept her in jail
The way you spell and try to write a sentence means you should be in jail.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

If she didn't murder anyone, maybe the medai should stop attaching her name to the word murder.

Funny to think that out of all the shoplifter arrested on that day, she was the only one that mad the news. Has she not been punished enough???

And its not like its a big deal, shoplifting $30 in Greece will only get a 6 month ACD, a condition discharge, it will not even show up in her record, yet it makes the news?

The White City Cops who held back evidence back in 1973 should be the ones in the news and put in jail for over 25 years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Well I have to point out that your still an IDIOT Brain Fart.

1. She did murder someone but the conviction was overturned due to evidence being held back at trial. Though her record was cleared it still doesn't mean she didn't physically kill someone. Just in the legal systems eyes due to the overturned conviction her record was cleared in relation to that incident.

2. She made the news because she is a free woman , a millionaire and arrested for shoplifting.

Your also uneducated in the criminal justice system. An ACD stands for adjournment in contemplation of dismissal (New York Criminal Procedure Law, Section 170.55). There are terms set within the ACD. You don't get an ACD and a conditional discharge, same animal different terminology.

3. You would have to prove that the police acted criminally when they withheld the evidence. Very doubtful and very very hard to prove. That's why they did get charged you moron.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

She has NO standing conviction of murder.(FACT)
She will not get any jail time for this.(FACT)
Anyone caught shoplifting in a store is a "free" person.(FACT)
An ACD reguardless what it stands for is a condition discharge and will not show up on her record.(FACT)
City Cops often act criminally and are hardly ever held held accountable.(FACT)
The CITY doesn't disclose to the public the amount of lawsuits and the dollar amounts they paid out over the years because of bad city cops, and they often don't even fire the cops that caused the law suits.(FACT)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

I also don't see why the D&C runs a story on something that happend last month.
Were they sleeping last month??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

I NEVER said she had a standing conviction for MURDER....FACT

She already served 15 years for that murder charge ....FACT

Anyone caught shoplifting and is arrested is not "FREE" until they are given an appearance ticket, released by the judge either by an ROR or bail or until they meet with pretrial release the following morning....FACT

Your an absolute IDIOT....FACT

Please stop responding to things you know absolutely nothing about, it just keeps confirming your an uneducated bafoon....FACT.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

I love greecechester wrote:
this fat dumb swoog lives in a big new house that was paid for by the police dpt and has criminal kids and grandkids and grandgrand kids livin in it and aint none of them follow no rules.
Get out of my town aunt fckn jemima
I wonder, are the taxes paid on that house?
Stole $32.50 worth of groceries? What was that; 2 lobster tails?
CrackHead

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

She is a convicted felon…FACT

She did time in jail for Grand Larceny… FACT

She murdered somebody… PROBLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Crime_Dog wrote:
I NEVER said she had a standing conviction for MURDER....FACT
She already served 15 years for that murder charge ....FACT
Anyone caught shoplifting and is arrested is not "FREE" until they are given an appearance ticket, released by the judge either by an ROR or bail or until they meet with pretrial release the following morning....FACT
Your an absolute IDIOT....FACT
Please stop responding to things you know absolutely nothing about, it just keeps confirming your an uneducated bafoon....FACT.
"She already served 15 years" is NOT A FACT, SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Anyone shoplifting is free or they wouldn't be free to shoplift, plus Greece wouldn't take her into custody, they'd give her an appearence ticket at TOPS and let her walk from TOPS, no judge involved and no need to wait til the following morning.
semper fi forever

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Judged:

She is a piece of GHETTO TRASH....FACT
Rhon-DUH is an IDIOT.....FACT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Yeah your right Brain Fart she served 25 years.

Betty Tyson, who spent 25 years in prison on a murder conviction before it was overturned in 1998, was charged with petit larceny in Greece last month, accused of stealing $32.50 worth of items from a local grocery store.

Tyson, 63, of Fetzner Road, was arrested about 6:10 p.m. Aug. 14 by Greece police and accused of stealing a pair of scissors and a utility knife from Tops Friendly Market on Mt. Read Boulevard, police said.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Anyone caught shoplifting and arrested is NOT FREE to go you idiot. If they get ARRESTED that means they are being charged and in custody of law enforcement. It isn't until they get an appearance ticket, bail, or ROR'd when they become free to leave. Once arrested by law enforcement you are not free to just get up and leave when you wish you idiot, that's why they say YOU ARE IN CUSTODY.

An appearance ticket just releases you and tells you when to appear in court for the charge(s) specified.

WOW !!! you truly are dumb.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Judged:

It's about time you brought this story to a head: She is an abusive bitch who beats her gay lover all the time. SHE HAD 1.25 MILLION FROM THE STATE OF NY AND SHE IS STEALING IN WALMART? I FOLLOWED HER CASE IN THE 70s and KNOW IT WELL. She is walking around the town and some say she is a heroin addict to boot. Don't know her personally, but know many folks in the community who do. I also think she was guilty as sin for killing that business man from out of state, but that's what happens when these business men come to town and pick up prostitutes. John Duval her co-conspirator, was released from prison, WAS GIVEN NO TAX PAYERS MONEY (THANK GOD) and died less than 1 1/2 years after his release. Good. Betty Gail Tyson should be ashamed of herself. I feel sorry for her very light skinned girlfriend who she beats the shit out of! true story! This trick had 1.25 million dollars of my and state tax payers dollars and she USED IT UP IN DRUGS, TRICKING WITH LESBIANS AND WASTING IT. SHE LIVES IN GREECE. THAT DOESN'T SURPRISE ME. LOTS OF NUTS LIVE THERE! THIS WOMAN IS WACKED OUT OF HER FKIN MIND. ARREST HER AGAIN FOR SOME OF THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. SHE IS A TERRIBLY VIOLENT PERSON. I HOPE SHE GETS PUT BACK IN PRISON. THE COMMUNITY IS BETTER OFF. GUILTY AS SIN IN THE 70S, GUILTY NOW. And, just because she didn't admit to killing the man, WE TAX PAYERS HAD TO PAY THIS MURDERER. WRONGFULLY ACCUSED MY ASS!
I GUESS SHE IS WRONGFULLY ACCUSED NOW? MY ASS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Spencerport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Spencerport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••