McQuaid Juniors to Go to Ball Togethe...

McQuaid Juniors to Go to Ball Together... What's Next?

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Two students who attend an all-boys McQuaid Catholic high school will be allowed to attend a school dance as a couple.

Well isn't that special.

Isn't this in violation of all they teach? Now their condoning it? What's next, McQuaid?
Big Daddy Don

Brighton, MA

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Get used to it. Society is changing. Look at the two cases before the Supreme Court right now. More people are accepting the idea of equality for gays. You might not like it, but you can't stop it either. Just my two cents.
Big Daddy Don

Brighton, MA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
I don't know if McQuaid could/ would try to stop them from attending. Yeah, it's a Jesuit school and there is the religious aspect, but would they be discriminating against theses kids if they told them they couldnt attend as a couple? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. Just wondering.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
I don't know if McQuaid could/ would try to stop them from attending. Yeah, it's a Jesuit school and there is the religious aspect, but would they be discriminating against theses kids if they told them they couldnt attend as a couple? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. Just wondering.
They sure could file a lawsuite against the school and groups like the NYCLU will back them 100%. And you can bet fools like Schummer will get their two cents in and get their mugs in the news.

Steel City Steelers

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5 Mar 28, 2013
Who is it hurting? NO ONE! That's who. It is surprising that a Jesuit school is "allowing" it. Back in the day...two gay guys would take two lesbians as their dates and then switch when they got there. I give these two kids and the school all the credit in the world. No one has any right to tell anyone else who they can love. It's that simple.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Mar 28, 2013
Also, condoms will be provided free, funded by the school. Abortion counseling is mandatory. Drugs and alcohol will be provided in the lobby. A seminar on how to become a Muslim will be administered after the dance.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#7 Mar 28, 2013
They should take a stand. If the Catholic church doesn't choose to promote gay unions, and has a policy against homosexuality, tell them no.

Make it clear that church doctrine doesn't permit that behavior -- and don't make it uncomfortable for the other 99%.

Defer to a higher authority. Hope the Pope reads Topix.
Bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#8 Mar 28, 2013
SAY NO TO GAY MARRIAGE. NO MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE. I HOPE THEY VOTE TO KEEP PROP 8 IN CALI. NO TO GAY MARRIAGE. IT IS AN ABOMINATION AND UNNATURAL. THAT IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT AN UNALIENATED RIGHT! STOP PLAYING. THE POPE IS GAY AND HE LEFT THE CHURCH FOR THAT REASON. SHAME ON MEN WHO SLEEP WITH MEN AND WOMEN WHO SLEEP WITH WOMEN. IT'S AN ABOMINATION. Effeminacy describes traits in a human male that are more often associated with feminine nature, behaviour, mannerisms, style or gender roles rather than masculine nature, behaviour, mannerisms, style or roles. THAT LIFESTYLE DOES NOT PROMOTE PROCREATE AND IS SICK, SICK, SICK. SEXUAL IMMORALITY AND FORNICATION GOVERNING THE BODY! SICKNING.

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
Who is it hurting? NO ONE! That's who. It is surprising that a Jesuit school is "allowing" it. Back in the day...two gay guys would take two lesbians as their dates and then switch when they got there. I give these two kids and the school all the credit in the world. No one has any right to tell anyone else who they can love. It's that simple.
Agree

I went to a large Greece high school many years ago and was totally surprised years later to find out how many fellow students were gay.
Friends, acquaintances and students I only knew by sight.
I say power to these two young men.
A Lot of things have changed in the last 30-40 years and I say in this case for the better.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#10 Mar 28, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree
I went to a large Greece high school many years ago and was totally surprised years later to find out how many fellow students were gay. A lot of things have changed in the last 30-40 years and I say in this case for the better.
For the better? Why? I have to hear this.

I know Greece is a cess pool of perversion, but I could only hope it was heterosexual. I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people". Or, if we have a couple surreptitiously living among us, they know better than to flaunt it. They keep their blinds closed.
Big Daddy Don

Brighton, MA

#11 Mar 28, 2013
Disagree about homosexuality being a choice. Maybe for some, but for most...they're born that way. It's who they are.

Whether they act on it, that's a choice isn't it? Just like heterosexuals choose to act on their sexuality.

How they reconcile whay they do with their religion, it's up to them.

IescapedNY

Location hidden

#12 Mar 28, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
For the better? Why? I have to hear this.
I know Greece is a cess pool of perversion, but I could only hope it was heterosexual. I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people". Or, if we have a couple surreptitiously living among us, they know better than to flaunt it. They keep their blinds closed.
BillyBoob quote

" I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people".

Neither does Iran, their President said so.
WTF8

Hilton, NY

#13 Mar 28, 2013
Women doing Women yeah I'm all for it Men doing Men just sick!:p

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#14 Mar 28, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
BillyBoob quote
" I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people"
OK, so I have posed a question you can't answer. I accept that. Confrontation is difficult. But, as pigpen911 says, just sayin' if you haven't got facts, or at least an opinion, to support your claim, it is worthless. Again, just sayin'.
Big Daddy Don

Brighton, MA

#15 Mar 28, 2013
" Greece is a cesspool of perversion"

Now THAT is the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 13

Livonia, NY

#16 Mar 28, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
Disagree about homosexuality being a choice. Maybe for some, but for most...they're born that way. It's who they are.
Whether they act on it, that's a choice isn't it? Just like heterosexuals choose to act on their sexuality.
How they reconcile whay they do with their religion, it's up to them.
It's a symptom is whaat it is.

IescapedNY

Location hidden

#17 Mar 28, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so I have posed a question you can't answer. I accept that. Confrontation is difficult. But, as pigpen911 says, just sayin' if you haven't got facts, or at least an opinion, to support your claim, it is worthless. Again, just sayin'.
Support your claim

"" I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people".

Post your facts

I Think "NOT"

Since: Mar 13

Livonia, NY

#18 Mar 28, 2013
The winds of shit are a coming.
BillyBob

Rochester, NY

#19 Mar 28, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
Support your claim
"" I can tell you, definitively, that on the east side we do not have "those people".
Post your facts
I Think "NOT"
I'm done with this witness.

Steel City Steelers

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Sooooo BIG CAPITAL LETTERS SINGLE IS A HOMOPHOBE!!! You have spoken louder here today than any other day that we have had to put up with your ALL CAPS! You are trash. Knew it. Now I'M ALL SET WITH YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rochester urban farm vandalized 2 hr IescapedNY 8
Time-Warner, now Spectrum, Sucks (Mar '17) 2 hr MaineGuy 26
Tom Golisano taking on ANY taxes again. 2 hr IescapedNY 5
McCain Blasts Trump on Phony Bone Spur 2 hr IescapedNY 20
News Hunter shot by another hunter in Pavilion 8 hr IescapedNY 2
Good morning my little cowards!!! 8 hr iescapedny 3
Finally a Mayoral Debate Without Any Prom Queen... 9 hr IescapedNY 14

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance