Venezuela Dumps the United States

Venezuela Dumps the United States

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

Marty

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2013
Venezuela says it has ended steps towards restoring diplomatic ties with the U.S., after comments by the woman nominated as the next envoy to the UN.

Samantha Power said this week she would seek to combat what she called the "crackdown on civil society" in countries like Venezuela.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america...
WhiteyWhite

Farmington, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Marty wrote:
Venezuela says it has ended steps towards restoring diplomatic ties with the U.S., after comments by the woman nominated as the next envoy to the UN.
Samantha Power said this week she would seek to combat what she called the "crackdown on civil society" in countries like Venezuela.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america...
What moron nominated this dumb broad for the job?
Mark_S

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 22, 2013
WhiteyWhite wrote:
<quoted text>
What moron nominated this dumb broad for the job?
This is a typical Obama move, nominate a big mouthed female - and add to the ranks of mediocre black guys and unqualified women.

Can't wait until his term is finished. Doubt Americans will ever vote in another black person again. It didn't work.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#4 Jul 22, 2013
The scary thing is, that at the end of his term ... things in this country will be so far gone, that there might not be anything left for the next guy to fix.

A politician today can make a career out of removing all the laws on the books that are un-constitutional.
WhiteyWhite

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
The scary thing is, that at the end of his term ... things in this country will be so far gone, that there might not be anything left for the next guy to fix.
A politician today can make a career out of removing all the laws on the books that are un-constitutional.
Agreed!

Are you back in Iraq now as your location is showing? If so stay safe.Hope you had a good while home.
Badonk Adonk

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2013
Venezuela needs us more than we need them.
Shut off all ties, economic, trade, medical, freeze their assets here.
screw them.
Juan Valdez

Rochester, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2013
Venezuela and other South American countries are abandoning the U.S. Until we stop imposing our will on our allies, without negotiation, we will continue to loose world support. We can't afford that kind of an attitude in the scheme of things - because it impacts our national security.

We are becoming a third world nation under Obama.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#8 Jul 22, 2013
Badonk Adonk wrote:
Venezuela needs us more than we need them.
Shut off all ties, economic, trade, medical, freeze their assets here.
screw them.
Not really.

Venezuela has oil and there are more people in china driving cars now than ever before.

Now add to the equation that Venezuela isn't interested in using the US dollar as a form of currency for china to pay for all that oil, and you can see that WE do need Venezuela on our side.

That fact alone, coupled with the fact that China is holding most of the US debt ... means that the US can't FORCE the Chinese to use the US dollar, And the Chinese won't let the US pressure Venezuela to use the dollar.

So, yeah... Venezuela doesn't need the US as much as we need them.

In one of the Wikileaks documents, it was released that the prime reason for the US going to war with Iraq is that Saddam was selling oil without using the world currency (the US dollar).
Ha Ha

Iraq

#9 Jul 22, 2013
Maybe I should add how important using the US dollar as the world currency is.

EVERY international transaction uses the US dollar.

We get a cut of every deal, as the buyer has to convert their currency to the dollar, and then the seller has to convert the dollar to their own currency.

You see, we were getting a cut of every international transaction in the world.

Ever since we lost our triple A rating, our ability to make money as the world banker was put in jepardy.
Juan Valdez

Rochester, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Maybe I should add how important using the US dollar as the world currency is.
EVERY international transaction uses the US dollar.
Evidently you haven't been to Europe recently (in the past couple of years). In Germany, Italy, Belgium and Austria -- no one will accept American currency. No one.

Everybody (and I saying no exceptions) want Euros for every transaction. From dinner and a hotel room to buying a house or business, every transaction is in Euros.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#11 Jul 22, 2013
Juan Valdez wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you haven't been to Europe recently (in the past couple of years). In Germany, Italy, Belgium and Austria -- no one will accept American currency. No one.
Everybody (and I saying no exceptions) want Euros for every transaction. From dinner and a hotel room to buying a house or business, every transaction is in Euros.
Yes, I know what your are saying.

This trend of not wanting the US dollar started around the same time we went to war with Iraq, right?

And our triple A rating went down the tubes how long ago?
and like you say, less people and governments want to use the dollar.

so Yes, you are reinforcing my point.
Juan Valdez

Rochester, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Glad I could help. I am in Europe frequently on business (and Japan)... not only don't they want our dollars, they don't want us - unless we can offer a hefty profit.

However, they do want to tell us how screwed up we are. Obama garners essentially no respect there (unlike Clinton, who they rave about).
Ha Ha

Iraq

#13 Jul 22, 2013
Juan Valdez wrote:
Glad I could help. I am in Europe frequently on business (and Japan)... not only don't they want our dollars, they don't want us - unless we can offer a hefty profit.
However, they do want to tell us how screwed up we are. Obama garners essentially no respect there (unlike Clinton, who they rave about).
I travel a bit too, and I hear the same thing.
We went from being the ugly americans, to that nosey neighbor who meddles too much.

And yes, people in the airport are quick to tell you their opinion on the matter too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newsworthy 11 hr josephbarkley 3
News Building Contractor Guilty of Fraud (Sep '09) 11 hr josephbarkley 12
News Gates-Chili teachers approve new contract (Sep '09) 15 hr josephbarkley 34
Word Has It Bob Lonsberry Is Heading For Third ... (Mar '14) 17 hr josephbarkley 19
How safe is your beach? 18 hr josephbarkley 6
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 18 hr josephbarkley 2
News City to reassess nuisance point system (Apr '15) 18 hr josephbarkley 16

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages