Comments
161 - 180 of 241 Comments Last updated May 1, 2014
Ha has dad

Rochester, NY

#189 Sep 23, 2013
Damnit boy why aren't you in school. What did I tell you about taking my laptop again without asking, also your mom is missing some of her underwear again, you better not be selling hem online again. You can't keep putting this antiunion crap on my laptop,you are gonna me fired from the union, and then I'm gonna have to cancel your xboxlive account. Now put down the laptop and help me make some picket signs!
Ha has mom

Rochester, NY

#190 Sep 23, 2013
You leave my boy alone, its fine if he take my clothes and wears them,you know what his shrink says about him exploring his feminine side. But please son please stop putting on mom's lipstick and going over to the neighbors house screaming "I'm a pretty girl", you are scaring them, and we don't want another incident.Mommy loves you, and put down the computer and please come out of the basement for awhile. Get some outside time....you are so pale.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#191 Sep 23, 2013
Ha has dad wrote:
Damnit boy why aren't you in school. What did I tell you about taking my laptop again without asking, also your mom is missing some of her underwear again, you better not be selling hem online again. You can't keep putting this antiunion crap on my laptop,you are gonna me fired from the union, and then I'm gonna have to cancel your xboxlive account. Now put down the laptop and help me make some picket signs!
The best part about this post is that I KNOW it wasn't Local 118 who posted it.

They spelled "pikit" correctly!

I am amazed how people who pay taxes don't go after the unions directly!

It is the unions efforts that raise taxes to pay for teachers who can't be fired, crooked cops who can't be fired and firemen who waste all day blocking the road with a boot in hand.

We pay for these lazy union worker's salary, benefits and retirement directly with out taxes because we don't oppose them directly!

Lazy selfish people who want more at our expense!

We will end up being the Detroit of the east!
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#192 Sep 23, 2013
Ha has mom wrote:
You leave my boy alone, its fine if he take my clothes and wears them,you know what his shrink says about him exploring his feminine side. But please son please stop putting on mom's lipstick and going over to the neighbors house screaming "I'm a pretty girl", you are scaring them, and we don't want another incident.Mommy loves you, and put down the computer and please come out of the basement for awhile. Get some outside time....you are so pale.
Ronda, I am surprised you are pro union?!?
or just having some fun?
Larry

Buffalo, NY

#193 Sep 23, 2013
Good luck to the union brothers picketing Wegman's. Hang in there, and we know you're going to be successful. Ignore the jerks. Go union labor.
Ha Has mom

Rochester, NY

#194 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
The best part about this post is that I KNOW it wasn't Local 118 who posted it.
They spelled "pikit" correctly!
I am amazed how people who pay taxes don't go after the unions directly!
It is the unions efforts that raise taxes to pay for teachers who can't be fired, crooked cops who can't be fired and firemen who waste all day blocking the road with a boot in hand.
We pay for these lazy union worker's salary, benefits and retirement directly with out taxes because we don't oppose them directly!
Lazy selfish people who want more at our expense!
We will end up being the Detroit of the east!
Now son calm down you know you break out with that horrible rash when your blood pressure raises. Son why are you so angry with the union. Why just last weekend you were running around the house with dad's union shirt on saying how you wanted to be just like him when you grew up. You know as well as I do that unions provide working class families good wages and benefits. If we didn't have dad working a union job, we would be just like your friends Tommy's family, his dad has to work two jobs and their house is being foreclosed. Now run along who's mommy's good boy.....you misguided little punk.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#195 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Has mom wrote:
<quoted text> You know as well as I do that unions provide working class families good wages and benefits. If we didn't have dad working a union job, we would be just like your friends Tommy's family, his dad has to work two jobs and their house is being foreclosed. Now run along who's mommy's good boy.....you misguided little punk.
Too bad you don't care about your neighbors who aren't in the union who you will be stealing from.

And when your OWN taxes are raised to pay for union labor, you will have to strike again to get paid more.

If YOU had finished highschool instead of going to work with the unions, you might have seen the destruction your union has caused.
Local 118

Fairport, NY

#197 Sep 23, 2013
skroow yous!I bean working for da union for over tweenty fife years, and I never needed to finish high skool to get a good wage.Going to coolege is a waste of time, becuze the union fights for the commmum man!!All I have to do is stand in da rain for hours wit my brothers, and the rich man will pay me!I am the bast because I am a teamster!!!
Local 118

Stafford, VA

#198 Sep 23, 2013
Local 118 wrote:
skroow yous!I bean working for da union for over tweenty fife years, and I never needed to finish high skool to get a good wage.Going to coolege is a waste of time, becuze the union fights for the commmum man!!All I have to do is stand in da rain for hours wit my brothers, and the rich man will pay me!I am the bast because I am a teamster!!!
This was not me. Probly one of the paid corprite robots trying to under mine are pikiting. Stuff and tacticals like that only make us stronger.
Ha Has mom

Rochester, NY

#199 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't care about your neighbors who aren't in the union who you will be stealing from.
And when your OWN taxes are raised to pay for union labor, you will have to strike again to get paid more.
If YOU had finished highschool instead of going to work with the unions, you might have seen the destruction your union has caused.
Awww, aren't you just adorable when your angry. You know we care about all of our non union friends enough to offer the same things we have. whether they take the offer or not is up to them. I also know that the list of non union companies that have gone belly up is just as long. Big business doesn't discriminate between union and non union, they just want to make profits at your expense, unions make sure that the workers get a fair slice of the pie. We in the unions don't steal from our neighbors we want them to be with us. Of course if it was up to you, everyone would make minimum wage and have to struggle just to make ends meet. Now son please take off that Hitler costume you look silly, I don't want to have to put you in timeout.
A friend

Denver, CO

#200 Sep 23, 2013
Local 118 wrote:
<quoted text> This was not me. Probly one of the paid corprite robots trying to under mine are pikiting. Stuff and tacticals like that only make us stronger.
That was chief loser and dullard HA HA coming in from Penfield, trying to undermine the union. Must be home from school today.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#201 Sep 23, 2013
Peter Puffer wrote:
<quoted text>
That was chief loser and dullard HA HA coming in from Penfield, trying to undermine the union. Must be home from school today.
Good thing you are there do all his thinking for him.
Standard union practice I'm sure.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#202 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Has mom wrote:
<quoted text> Awww, aren't you just adorable when your angry. You know we care about all of our non union friends enough to offer the same things we have. whether they take the offer or not is up to them. I also know that the list of non union companies that have gone belly up is just as long. Big business doesn't discriminate between union and non union, they just want to make profits at your expense, unions make sure that the workers get a fair slice of the pie. We in the unions don't steal from our neighbors we want them to be with us. Of course if it was up to you, everyone would make minimum wage and have to struggle just to make ends meet. Now son please take off that Hitler costume you look silly, I don't want to have to put you in timeout.
You want to kill the goose to get the golden egg now, because it is too much work to take care of the goose.

Unions don't have businesses best interests in mind.
You would rather close a company than take a pay cut.

Unions members don't have the intelligence to start, maintain and grow businesses of their own.

If you did have a business of your own, you damn sure wouldn't allow any union to operate there!
Ha Has dad

Milford, MA

#203 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to kill the goose to get the golden egg now, because it is too much work to take care of the goose.
Unions don't have businesses best interests in mind.
You would rather close a company than take a pay cut.
Unions members don't have the intelligence to start, maintain and grow businesses of their own.
If you did have a business of your own, you damn sure wouldn't allow any union to operate there!
Why would you want me to take a pay cut when the company is making profits, sounds pretty ignorant if you ask me. How fair is it for a profitable company to take benefits and wages and rights away from their workers just so they can make more money themselves. Its great that that CEO gets to buy another Porshe, but his workers struggle to make rent payments. Hostess lied said they couldn't afford to pay their workers pensions, undercut them and sold their company for a tidy profit. Great looking out for your workers.
Ha Has dad

Milford, MA

#204 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to kill the goose to get the golden egg now, because it is too much work to take care of the goose.
Unions don't have businesses best interests in mind.
You would rather close a company than take a pay cut.
Unions members don't have the intelligence to start, maintain and grow businesses of their own.
If you did have a business of your own, you damn sure wouldn't allow any union to operate there!
I surely would hire union workers, I have seen the both sides of the coin, union workers will work harder for you hands down contrary to some beliefs, good contract language guarantees that. If you have poor language when it comes to productivity then you get laziness. Just like In a non union shop, there are always some slugs
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#205 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Has dad wrote:
<quoted text> I surely would hire union workers, I have seen the both sides of the coin, union workers will work harder for you hands down contrary to some beliefs, good contract language guarantees that. If you have poor language when it comes to productivity then you get laziness. Just like In a non union shop, there are always some slugs
The diffidence between a slug and a union worker is that you can fire the slug.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#206 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Has dad wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you want me to take a pay cut when the company is making profits, sounds pretty ignorant if you ask me. How fair is it for a profitable company to take benefits and wages and rights away from their workers just so they can make more money themselves. Its great that that CEO gets to buy another Porshe, but his workers struggle to make rent payments. Hostess lied said they couldn't afford to pay their workers pensions, undercut them and sold their company for a tidy profit. Great looking out for your workers.
How would YOU know if the company is making a profit?
Just because the owner buys himself something nice?

You forget about all his struggles ans sacrifices a business owner goes through to get the business started.

All the things they couldn't buy to gather the start up money.
The owner doesn't get to go home and just forget about his business.
He is constantly thinking about balancing profits with payroll, insurance, taxes, employee benefits and advertising.

All you do is show up 9-5, and want the same cut as the owner without the burden of ownership.
You latch on like a leach, after the business is successful and drain it dry with your "i'm the backbone of this company" rhetoric.

When the company is having a bad year due to economy or other reasons, the business owner has to tighten the belt in other places to honor their agreements with the unions. A business owner makes sacrifices to save the business, a union member never does.

Unions don't take a pay cut for the best interest of the company.

Like you said, why would I do that?
Ha Has dad

West Springfield, MA

#207 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
How would YOU know if the company is making a profit?
Just because the owner buys himself something nice?
You forget about all his struggles ans sacrifices a business owner goes through to get the business started.
All the things they couldn't buy to gather the start up money.
The owner doesn't get to go home and just forget about his business.
He is constantly thinking about balancing profits with payroll, insurance, taxes, employee benefits and advertising.
All you do is show up 9-5, and want the same cut as the owner without the burden of ownership.
You latch on like a leach, after the business is successful and drain it dry with your "i'm the backbone of this company" rhetoric.
When the company is having a bad year due to economy or other reasons, the business owner has to tighten the belt in other places to honor their agreements with the unions. A business owner makes sacrifices to save the business, a union member never does.
Unions don't take a pay cut for the best interest of the company.
Like you said, why would I do that?
Why would a CEO buy a Porshe if he was having trouble with his business, sounds like fiscal irresponsibility if you ask me. If as a company you can't honor a contract you sign than you should not have negotiated the wages and benefits as high in the first place. There have been plenty of times that unions have taken pay cuts to help their companies out. I never said I want the same cut as the owners of a company don't be a moron, but I only think it fair that a fair living wage and good benefits be paid. If a company wants to pay me more that's fine as well. You will sit there and complain that I make a good living that the company agrees to pay me through negotiations. Sounds like sour grapes on your part. Like I said before son, I believe in free enterprise. I want a company to do well, so not only the leaders of the company do well, bit the workers as well. Unfortunately too many companies do well and continue to screw over their workers, that's the reason we have unions.Now help me get these union shirts out of my car and in the house.
Ha Has dad

West Springfield, MA

#208 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
The diffidence between a slug and a union worker is that you can fire the slug.
Once again you think you know without knowing. I will reiterate. Good productivity language in the contract will guarantee you can discipline a worker.
Steve

Penfield, NY

#209 Sep 23, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
How would YOU know if the company is making a profit?
Just because the owner buys himself something nice?
You make a great argument against unions.

It's always interesting how employees "decide" they are entitled to a larger portion of the corporation's profits, but they have no idea (and I'm talking not a clue) what management went through to build a viable business that currently supports them -- and will continue to provide a paycheck for their entire working life, if they choose to stay.

I am incensed that the Wegman's union rank and file believe that, because the Wegman family is earning an exceptional living, they should share in their good fortune. The family is balancing everything they do very carefully, to ensure the long term viability of the company. Union members don't have any understanding regarding the complexity of this monumental task.

I'm sure union members work reasonably hard, but so do non-union employees making far less.

I hope Wegmans sees an opening (or develops a strategy), and dissolves the union. They are not the backbone of the company, not even close. They cause the price of goods to increase. They make great companies noncompetitive. In fact, they have sunk a number of companies recently.

Who ultimately wins? Certainly not the union members.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Teen Shot in Missouri was Unarmed 5 min allknowing 172
Has Nickbo Been Banned From Topix?? (Dec '13) 1 hr Player 19
Rochester Forum in Chaos 1 hr Hutch 7
Wisconsin revenge on cheating hubby - not repor... (Aug '09) 1 hr Mary 9
Feelings of Failure, Not Violent Content, Foste... 1 hr Albert 2
Poor Jews Sent Packing 1 hr Nickbos Friend 1
White Drunk Driver Blame Recently Diagnosed Dia... 3 hr LeroyJones 3
•••
•••
•••

Spencerport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Spencerport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spencerport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••