Judge Orders Colorado Bakery to Cater...
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#61 Dec 14, 2013
OH BS. before, being closeted lgbtq persons were subject to all kinds of forces including arrest, if they were found out. Now those forces are subject to discrimination lawsuits because the community came out and is recognized as a legal minority called sexual orientation. Believe what you want to about women, blacks, or gays. Force those beliefs on the public and pay a fine and/or be sued.
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is forcing anything here. You are.
When you tell others something about yourself be prepared to be judged for it. It is true for all people in all matters.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#62 Dec 14, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
OH BS. before, being closeted lgbtq persons were subject to all kinds of forces including arrest, if they were found out. Now those forces are subject to discrimination lawsuits because the community came out and is recognized as a legal minority called sexual orientation. Believe what you want to about women, blacks, or gays. Force those beliefs on the public and pay a fine and/or be sued.
<quoted text>
You were talking about people forcing their beliefs on someone. As that statement applies to the original story of the post, the only ones trying to force their beliefs on someone else is a lesbian couple and a crackpot judge. Well, you are too.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#63 Dec 14, 2013
Piss, moan, groan, bitch, pout, stomp, all you want to about how you are being forced against your bigoted beliefs. It's still the will of the majority with RESPECT FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE MINORITY. Just kinda forgot that last part did we?
America the Beautiful

Lyons, NY

#64 Dec 15, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
Piss, moan, groan, bitch, pout, stomp, all you want to about how you are being forced against your bigoted beliefs. It's still the will of the majority with RESPECT FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE MINORITY. Just kinda forgot that last part did we?
a Bi-focal from a NARROW lens. What a distorted view.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

#65 Dec 15, 2013
America the Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
a Bi-focal from a NARROW lens. What a distorted view.
Exactly!! He says I'm being bigoted but not once have I mentioned any bigoted statements. He says I'm stomping and pouting when it is he who is saying his piece and then jumping up and down with his fingers in his ears and screaming La-La-La-I'm not listening to you like an 5 year old.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#66 Dec 15, 2013
bigot [&#712;b&#618;g&#6 01;t]
n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
Here is just one example of your bigoted statements on topix. How imbecilic that you don't even know when you are being a bigot
FTW Yall wrote:
Funniest part about this is the two lesbo's and all the other morons probably look at this as a victory in them being accepted. In all truth it hurts their cause because it is only causing those that oppose them to push back harder and have a legit reason for doing so.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

#67 Dec 15, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
bigot [&#712;b&#618;g&#6 01;t]
n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
Here is just one example of your bigoted statements on topix. How imbecilic that you don't even know when you are being a bigot
<quoted text>
That is not a bigoted statement any way, shape, or form. I have not said one bigoted or anti-gay thing to you. You are assuming things. Why? Because, I think the judge abused his authority to uphold peoples rights just to pander to the hurt feelings of two spotlight hungry militant lesbians.
Don't call someone an imbecile when your the one refusing to engage in any sort of intelligent discourse with someone who points out your hypocrisy.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#68 Dec 15, 2013
I think the judge should get a raise!

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

#69 Dec 15, 2013
Diamond Daisy wrote:
I think the judge should get a raise!
I think you should have eaten less paint chips as a child.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#70 Dec 15, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text> I think you should have eaten less paint chips as a child.
What number is less than 0?-1,-2,-3

so you're saying you wish I at -4 paint chips? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Lol
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#71 Dec 15, 2013
So the baker should have put up a sign in his bakery: "Wedding cakes made here. F4ggots need not apply"?
We use put up signs against Irish Immigrants like that in the not to distant past. And to show topix you are a bigot, you haven't read the article because the couple were not lesbians. The judge got it right. You got discrimination wrong, You gonna send a check to the baker's defense fund? lol
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>That is not a bigoted statement any way, shape, or form. I have not said one bigoted or anti-gay thing to you. You are assuming things. Why? Because, I think the judge abused his authority to uphold peoples rights just to pander to the hurt feelings of two spotlight hungry militant lesbians.
Don't call someone an imbecile when your the one refusing to engage in any sort of intelligent discourse with someone who points out your hypocrisy.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

#72 Dec 15, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
So the baker should have put up a sign in his bakery: "Wedding cakes made here. F4ggots need not apply"?
We use put up signs against Irish Immigrants like that in the not to distant past. And to show topix you are a bigot, you haven't read the article because the couple were not lesbians. The judge got it right. You got discrimination wrong, You gonna send a check to the baker's defense fund? lol
<quoted text>
OOPS!! Sorry Dewy. I read it now. When I originally searched the story it turns out I was reading a story of the same thing that happened in Oregon to a Lesbian Couple. My mistake about that I just did another search and now the filter results have changed. Still it does not change a thing. Nothing I have said is bigoted. Others on here have said incredibly bigoted things. I however have not said anything bad about gays.
To your question.
I don't care what sign anyone puts up. If they want to advertise what an A-hole they are let them. Then everyone knows they are an A-Hole and can just flip the script on them. When we call on the law and government to settle these types of matters we all lose me, you, gays, straights,blacks, whites. All of us. This is how I feel as a libertarian. It is not me being a bigot. It is me believing people are free to do as they please as long as they are not preventing others from doing what they want. Sure they can put up that sign. Probably going to lose a lot of business though and have people harassing the customers they have left. Probably even find a few rocks thrown at their windows. Ultimately they would probably shut down because of it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#73 Dec 16, 2013
If a person came into your bakery, told you, "I eat my own feces, I am proud of it, make me a cake to celebrate feces eating", would you make the cake, or refuse and tell them it is disgusting? Would a judge force you to comply? Perhaps they belong to some "protected" group, and now allege that you are discriminating against them. Anyone see any problems here?
America the Beautiful

Lyons, NY

#74 Dec 16, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
If a person came into your bakery, told you, "I eat my own feces, I am proud of it, make me a cake to celebrate feces eating", would you make the cake, or refuse and tell them it is disgusting? Would a judge force you to comply? Perhaps they belong to some "protected" group, and now allege that you are discriminating against them. Anyone see any problems here?
What about a Kosher bakery and one wants them to bake a Swine pie ?
Would the judge force this bakery also ?

Could this be a bigot discriminating against them too OR is this their choice to NOT handle pork products?
RePigs friend

Rochester, NY

#76 Dec 17, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
The writers subject was "pressuring for right doesn't help the cause for gay rights." If you would read rather than spout off your crap, you would make a contribution to topix. If the baker feels that his religious rights were violated take the damn matter to court of appeal. Otherwise, make the cake, pay the fine, or move his business to other damn bigot customers with the same bigoted religion.
<quoted text>
Lets see if I got you right, you are saying that every business owner has to do what is against their religious freedoms to practice what they believe in because the law said so?(The last time that was tried we had a war with England.) O.K. Lets try this, what if a member of the KKK walked into a black bakery and demanded the owner to make a cake with a top piece showing hooded men burning a cross and he says no I won't? Should he be fined, put out of business and have to pay for a lawyer? Don't forget it isn't against the law to belong to the KKK, wearing a hood or burning a cross either. Do I think he should be fined, NO, I think it is his right to do so, but it is the same thing if he refuses,according to this idiot P/C judge the black baker is breaking the law, which he isn't according to the Constitution. You don't understand that all of us are losing OUR rights by P/C laws that protect some but not all.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#77 Dec 17, 2013
America the Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
What about a Kosher bakery and one wants them to bake a Swine pie ?
Would the judge force this bakery also ?
Could this be a bigot discriminating against them too OR is this their choice to NOT handle pork products?
If the "swine pie" community wants to file a legal brief to be included in the discrimination law ....etc. To date there is no, recognized "swine pie" minority. Gay Americans are now a legally recognized minority which NOW HAS discrimination laws protection. Can't wait to see the Swine Pie Pride Parades. lol
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#78 Dec 17, 2013
To what I understand, the KKK is NOT a protected, legal minority, except by bigoted vigilantes in the South.
RePigs friend wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see if I got you right, you are saying that every business owner has to do what is against their religious freedoms to practice what they believe in because the law said so?(The last time that was tried we had a war with England.) O.K. Lets try this, what if a member of the KKK walked into a black bakery and demanded the owner to make a cake with a top piece showing hooded men burning a cross and he says no I won't? Should he be fined, put out of business and have to pay for a lawyer? Don't forget it isn't against the law to belong to the KKK, wearing a hood or burning a cross either. Do I think he should be fined, NO, I think it is his right to do so, but it is the same thing if he refuses,according to this idiot P/C judge the black baker is breaking the law, which he isn't according to the Constitution. You don't understand that all of us are losing OUR rights by P/C laws that protect some but not all.
dew4794

Livonia, NY

#79 Dec 17, 2013
RePigs friend

Rochester, NY

#80 Dec 17, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
To what I understand, the KKK is NOT a protected, legal minority, except by bigoted vigilantes in the South.
<quoted text>
You are correct CC, the KKK isn't a PROTECTED MINORITY, but they are a minority group(thank God). They aren't a illegal group so why aren't they PROTECTED? Why does the law makers pick and choose which groups are PROTECTED? Lets see what minorities are PROTECTED, Gays, Blacks, Muslims, Hispanics(to some extent), unions, ect., why are there any PROTECTED groups? All it does is cause hate between the UNPROTECTED and the PROTECTED Don't forget that laws were enacted that made everyone equal not just a few special people/groups. That being said, do you think that the black baker should be find if he refuses to bake the cake even thro he disagrees with making the said cake and it goes against he believes? After all the law says that if a business is open to the public they must treat everyone the same, right? So which is it?, do you think both of the bakers should be made to do what they are against or not?
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#81 Dec 17, 2013
The Bill of Right asserts: The will of the majority with respect to the right of the minority. To get the majority to respect rights, the legislatures have supported passing discrimination laws.You are correct, not everyone's group falls under discrimination law, ie Churches don't. If there were no choices, everyone would feel discriminated against. So the laws are group selective.
Recently, sexual orientation has been added to discrimination law. And recently marriage equality is becoming recognized, as in Colorado where the wedding cake issue happened.
But the Majority feels encroached upon my minorities. Our founding fathers struggled with this issue and now we Americans today. What is the best way to guarantee equality for all Americans? Gay Americans tried to win their rights with protest. That didn't work. The Courts have had to step in.
RePigs friend wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct CC, the KKK isn't a PROTECTED MINORITY, but they are a minority group(thank God). They aren't a illegal group so why aren't they PROTECTED? Why does the law makers pick and choose which groups are PROTECTED? Lets see what minorities are PROTECTED, Gays, Blacks, Muslims, Hispanics(to some extent), unions, ect., why are there any PROTECTED groups? All it does is cause hate between the UNPROTECTED and the PROTECTED Don't forget that laws were enacted that made everyone equal not just a few special people/groups. That being said, do you think that the black baker should be find if he refuses to bake the cake even thro he disagrees with making the said cake and it goes against he believes? After all the law says that if a business is open to the public they must treat everyone the same, right? So which is it?, do you think both of the bakers should be made to do what they are against or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only in F***Ed up NY. Meals on wheels 20 page a... 10 min Bruce butt plug 9
Doug Jones Wins... Bannon Looses 12 min Bruce butt plug 25
What a beautiful sunny day it is... 42 min IescapedNY 1
Another PBS “star” hits the dust 1 hr IescapedNY 4
‘Muler’ and his henchmen men 1 hr IescapedNY 7
why topix is junk 14 hr TLM 4
Liberals ,& Media in tizzy over Kristen Gillibr... 17 hr IescapedNY 13

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance