Do we really need the largest Skate Park in the country?

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 13

Rochester, NY

#1 Apr 12, 2013
While the Friends of the Roc City Skate park are raising money to PAY for it, the city would still be on the hook if there was an injury! Do they really think people will come from all over the country to skate here? What other options were there for this land? Just seems the suburban communities didn't want it, in their, towns because of of the liability issues, so the city gets saddled with it.
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S2994319....

Since: Mar 13

Rochester, NY

#2 Apr 12, 2013
Henrys Mom wrote:
While the Friends of the Roc City Skate park are raising money to PAY for it, the city would still be on the hook if there was an injury! Do they really think people will come from all over the country to skate here? What other options were there for this land? Just seems the suburban communities didn't want it, in their, towns because of of the liability issues, so the city gets saddled with it.
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S2994319....
Growing up skateboarding I can say yes pro riders from all over will come to skate and film for videos if it is what they say it will be.If I had no connection to skateboarding I would be very critical of that point as well.Will it be of any benefit or bring any money to the area?I do not know.As far as the city being responsible, as long as it is stated "At your own risk" how so?The city isn't responsible for people hurt at ice skating rinks.
Go Believe

Rochester, NY

#3 Apr 12, 2013
This has to be the best thing Rochester has come up with since Mayor Johnson's "pay my offshore account FERRY" There is thousands of suburban kids that love skateboarding and have both parents "Mother and Father" that would pay to bring their kids to it! But if it is subsidized to ghetto kids for free and can be in the vicinity for free it will fail like Midtown...
Anonymous

Brockport, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2013
As long as I can see "The Flying Tomato".
SK8ER

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 12, 2013
No Joke!!! We need this will be so rad. My friends and I Skate the streets of Rochester and when we find a cool spot to grind like Liberty Pole or Manhattan Square Park the Cops run us off with threats of arrest or pepper spray! It is like they would rather have protesting hippies or fighting in those places! When we Skate most people take pictures and are happy to see us do what we do other than the "Banger Blacks and Cops: We skateboard we don't steal or do drugs so why are we targeted? prolly a bunch of liberal do gooders that hate anything that they don't like in this city?$%&# So heck if the city is going to spend money for a park for us PLEASE SUPPORT IT! sure beats some over paid city cop crossing guard trying to chase and mace us!~

BTW hey you stupid cops go after real crooks that steal rob stab and kill SKATEBOARDING IS NOT A CRIME
SK8ER

Rochester, NY

#7 Apr 12, 2013


Here is a video of myself and friends on vacation in Florida

Before you judge us we get straight A's++++ and put school first and after that have fun!!! SOUL HOOLIGANISM
Anonymous

Brockport, NY

#8 Apr 13, 2013
You're Thibaud Fradin ? and that's not Florida. Looks like Europe.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#9 Apr 13, 2013
Another costly thing that our white mayor supports, that the city will have to pay for, pay to maintain it, pay to police it, and all so white skater punks form the suburbs can come in and use it.

Why not several basketball courts that our city black kids could use??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 13, 2013
morality wrote:
Another costly thing that our white mayor supports, that the city will have to pay for, pay to maintain it, pay to police it, and all so white skater punks form the suburbs can come in and use it.
Why not several basketball courts that our city black kids could use??
Bwahahahahaha! I love how you stereotype your race, YET AGAIN! I have seen many, many black skateboarders. You, Crotchety, are your races own worst enemy.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#11 Apr 13, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>Bwahahahahaha! I love how you stereotype your race, YET AGAIN! I have seen many, many black skateboarders. You, Crotchety, are your races own worst enemy.
I bet I know more white basketball players then you know black skateboarders.
Why should the city always flip the bill for the burbs??
You want a skate park, make it in the burbs, even put it in Gates near the Casino.

Since: Apr 13

Dansville, NY

#12 Apr 13, 2013
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet I know more white basketball players then you know black skateboarders.
Why should the city always flip the bill for the burbs??
You want a skate park, make it in the burbs, even put it in Gates near the Casino.
The "burbs" don't want it because of the liability! A kid gets hurt and their parents sue, less money for city kids activities down the road! I have to agree with you on this one! THIS is for the suburban kids who already bus it into the city and run people over by the convention center, or in Manhattan Sq. Park!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 Apr 14, 2013
The residents of Irondequoit are having a vote to see if they will build a new library or not.
So why don't city residents ever get to vote on all these things?? It seems when it comes to the city the Mayor can do whatever he wants, ferry's, highfall, UofR stuff, movies, midtown, skateparks, etc etc.

Can we have our say??
Why can't we vote??
Is it because there is more minorities then whites??

We will be voting one day and fat white mayor DINO Richards will be OUT.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Apr 14, 2013
morality wrote:
The residents of Irondequoit are having a vote to see if they will build a new library or not.
So why don't city residents ever get to vote on all these things?? It seems when it comes to the city the Mayor can do whatever he wants, ferry's, highfall, UofR stuff, movies, midtown, skateparks, etc etc.
Can we have our say??
Why can't we vote??
Is it because there is more minorities then whites??
We will be voting one day and fat white mayor DINO Richards will be OUT.
What would you exactly vote FOR, Crotchety? Crack Dens Zone, Free Urination Stations, Bullet Give Back Program, Cutlery Outlet Mall...give us an example of what you would like to see in the city other than people killing, stabbing, raping, robbing, etc. etc. and so on and so forth...
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#15 Apr 14, 2013
morality wrote:
We will be voting one day and fat white mayor DINO Richards will be OUT.
Even the thinking blacks will vote for Richards. Even though he is mediocre as a mayor, his opponent doesn't have a clue. Doubtful Richards is going anywhere. He's the best of the worst. Aside from being a black woman, she thankfully has no appeal to educated blacks.

Get Janet Lomax on the case. She can drive in from Pittsford and report the facts.

Since: Apr 13

Rochester, NY

#16 Apr 14, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the thinking blacks will vote for Richards. Even though he is mediocre as a mayor, his opponent doesn't have a clue. Doubtful Richards is going anywhere. He's the best of the worst. Aside from being a black woman, she thankfully has no appeal to educated blacks.
Get Janet Lomax on the case. She can drive in from Pittsford and report the facts.
"thinking blacks"? No appeal to educated blacks? Any polls or stats to back up your statements? WHEN did you speak with ALL of us? Not saying he's my choice, I'm just wondering who gave YOU permission to speak for all of us.

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#17 Apr 14, 2013
Henrys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
"thinking blacks"? No appeal to educated blacks? Any polls or stats to back up your statements? WHEN did you speak with ALL of us? Not saying he's my choice, I'm just wondering who gave YOU permission to speak for all of us.
EXACTLY!!! Oh, they do a whole lot this.

Since: Apr 13

Rochester, NY

#18 Apr 14, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!! Oh, they do a whole lot this.
/yes they do! And the way they phrase it, is always very interesting. I guess if we don't agree with THEIR opinion, we're NOT "thinking" or educated! WHAT are these condescending folks going to do when people of color ARE the majority in this country? That day is coming very quickly, the collective freak out will be amusing to watch! I wonder if they will still "think" they can speak for me, without asking?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#19 Apr 14, 2013
Well we all sit back and let our white mayor speak for us, and tell us what we need is a skateboard park for white suburban kids in the middle of our city.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#20 Apr 14, 2013
Henrys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if they will still "think" they can speak for me, without asking?
Someone has to do it. And yes, I do have conversations occasionally with well educated black professionals. Oddly, they are not so much worried about a revolution as they are competing with their professional peers of all ethnicities.

They have different issues than the posters on Topix. Issues like taxes, where their children will go to college, vacations, latest breakthroughs in their field of expertise. They have attended well accredited universities... and are respected in their field.

Some even seek me out for my professional opinion on issues they are having. They are driven to offer the best results to people in their care, and color doesn't play the slightest role.

I have no respect for blacks... or whites... that are career criminals, lazy, slackers or are gaming the system.

To put everything in precisely delineated categories is nuts, but some of you do it everyday... and live it in some cases. Here's a flash... it's working against you.

Since: Apr 13

Rochester, NY

#21 Apr 14, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has to do it. And yes, I do have conversations occasionally with well educated black professionals. Oddly, they are not so much worried about a revolution as they are competing with their professional peers of all ethnicities.
They have different issues than the posters on Topix. Issues like taxes, where their children will go to college, vacations, latest breakthroughs in their field of expertise. They have attended well accredited universities... and are respected in their field.
Some even seek me out for my professional opinion on issues they are having. They are driven to offer the best results to people in their care, and color doesn't play the slightest role.
I have no respect for blacks... or whites... that are career criminals, lazy, slackers or are gaming the system.
To put everything in precisely delineated categories is nuts, but some of you do it everyday... and live it in some cases. Here's a flash... it's working against you.
WE can do it ourselves! WE don't need you! If you actually READ your comment, you'll see how patronizing and condescending you are! "some of you"? You don't have a CLUE who I am!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jury Finds Tina Sardisco Guilty on Both Counts (Apr '12) 2 hr wrongly accused 47
Where are the gay bars/clubs in Rochester- Fing... 4 hr bwahawhawzippy 9
Big day for Urban-Suburban program 7 hr Ralph 28
What Happened To Global Warming? 10 hr queen stevie the SW 4
Eat Your heart out Jacquetta 12 hr queen stevie the SW 5
Man found guilty of public lewdness, burglary 13 hr queen stevie the SW 2
NYS raising minimum wage for tipped workers 13 hr queen stevie the SW 9
Spencerport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:44 pm PST