dew4794

Rochester, NY

#1 Aug 2, 2014
Rochester Police Department Unveils Proposed Five Section Model

ROCHESTER, N.Y.-- Rochester's police chief and mayor announced details Friday of a police department reorganization plan that will divide the city into five sections.
The city has been divided into east and west sections since 2004, when Bob Duffy was police chief.

The five sections will be made up of 37 beats. Police Chief Michael Ciminelli said that by giving each officer a beat, officers can form relationships with the neighborhood, and cut down on response times.

The new system will increase the department's operational budget by about $300,000 per year, but the chief and mayor said that cost is worth it.

The transition is scheduled to be complete by March 30, 2015.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 2, 2014
Over $300K "Oh, but it's worth it." Been there, done that. Police Chief Duffy consolidated those divisions TO SAVE MONEY. Any studies that say a five division is any better than two division? NO. Any study that says more headquarters will prevent crime? NO. Any study that says the RPD driving around in their cruisers, and sitting on their @sses in their cruisers are going to prevent MURDERS? NO. BUT Lovely knows much better than our former Police Chief who has been in the RPD and this city for years. This broad is outrages.
bunny

Webster, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2014
dew4794 wrote:
Over $300K "Oh, but it's worth it." Been there, done that. Police Chief Duffy consolidated those divisions TO SAVE MONEY. Any studies that say a five division is any better than two division? NO. Any study that says more headquarters will prevent crime? NO. Any study that says the RPD driving around in their cruisers, and sitting on their @sses in their cruisers are going to prevent MURDERS? NO. BUT Lovely knows much better than our former Police Chief who has been in the RPD and this city for years. This broad is outrages.
The new mayor loves to shop, go to the beauty parlour and to hear herself talk.
Every time i see her it reminds me of some cutesy talk show host, Avon Lady.
My heart sinks when i read about about 2 more stabbings over the weekend and a couple of murders - and thius is every single week with no stopping in sight.
All the rallies for peace, beefed up police patrols won't do any good.
Rochesters violence is beyond any action the local police can take.
The local cops are either afraid or payed off to turn a blind eye.
I've had business owners tell me so.
We need outside help right now to stop this.
Maybe they can get the money from the mayors hair, make-up and wardrobe budget.
Stu Pedblax

Danielson, CT

#6 Aug 4, 2014
As long as one of the divisions protects white areas like park ave it's well worth the cost
K Whopper

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2014
Stu Pedblax wrote:
As long as one of the divisions protects white areas like park ave it's well worth the cost
absolutely, and the borders of the burbs. Also why dont fairport and webster PD do the same thing? Why just RPD
Thurston

Rochester, NY

#8 Aug 5, 2014
How come Fairport, Greece, Irondequoit, Brighton and Webster (even Ogdan) have their own town police forces... and Pittsford doesn't?

Pittsford should dump the Sheriff's Department and build their own PD. If the other departments in Pittsford are typical of what a police force could expect (best heavy duty trucks, multiple gigantic Volvo front loaders to pick up brush), they would have a fleet of Mercedes police cars and uniforms designed by Ralph Lauren.

They could convert part of the mega library that no one uses to jail cells.

Pittsford needs their own PD to protect and serve its citizens.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#9 Aug 5, 2014
Thurston wrote:
How come Fairport, Greece, Irondequoit, Brighton and Webster (even Ogdan) have their own town police forces... and Pittsford doesn't?
Pittsford should dump the Sheriff's Department and build their own PD. If the other departments in Pittsford are typical of what a police force could expect (best heavy duty trucks, multiple gigantic Volvo front loaders to pick up brush), they would have a fleet of Mercedes police cars and uniforms designed by Ralph Lauren.
They could convert part of the mega library that no one uses to jail cells.
Pittsford needs their own PD to protect and serve its citizens.
Yeah, and they could televise their executions on their public access cable network.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#10 Aug 5, 2014
The five divisions are about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.This is a huge waste of tax-payers money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messages to Bob Lonsberry (phase 2) (Mar '12) 42 min Rhondas Friend 395
Nickbo Must have moved to Babylon Long Island 54 min Oscar the Grouch 1
News Walmart Lego Theft Triggers High-Speed Chase 1 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 2
Brother wease el 3 hr Slamner 6
News Man Faces Assault Charges Following Stabbing 5 hr the wedge 2
News Two Decades Later, Wayne County Family Continue... 7 hr SouthWedgeCousin 1
Local Police Officer Honored Rescuing Child 19 hr Yata 2
More from around the web

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE