Should people on E.B.T. be allowed to...

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#186 Nov 11, 2013
I'm so sick of getting in line to buy my budgeted items, things we need, on a frugal scale; only to see a family of 5 line up, pull out food stamps, EBT cards, vouchers and buy the most "wanted" items, NOT the "need" ones.
GET A JOB YOU LAZY BASTARDS.
I have to pull my girl back; she wants to ask them in line how it feels to be a lazy POS and have working folk support them.
The only problem is; I KNOW the answer.

They could care less, they are THE ENTITLED ONES.

The many, the lazy, the mindless, pride-less, the losers.
the next door neigbor

Rochester, NY

#187 Nov 11, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
I'm so sick of getting in line to buy my budgeted items, things we need, on a frugal scale; only to see a family of 5 line up, pull out food stamps, EBT cards, vouchers and buy the most "wanted" items, NOT the "need" ones.
GET A JOB YOU LAZY BASTARDS.
I have to pull my girl back; she wants to ask them in line how it feels to be a lazy POS and have working folk support them.
The only problem is; I KNOW the answer.
They could care less, they are THE ENTITLED ONES.
The many, the lazy, the mindless, pride-less, the losers.
It is at the boiling point R and I am afraid that the working poor, ie: the middle class, are about to do more than voice their pent up feelings. I been feeling that way for years and I see/hear more and more people feeling the same. Maybe that is what we need to put an end to the abuses that are running rampart in the government and the lazy, I am the victim bottom feeders. May God bless America.
Nursing student

Brooklyn, NY

#189 May 13, 2014
I have a 4.0 GPA in nursing school. I was just left by my husband of ten years, and I have been a stay-at-home mom, with no job skills. I have recently been diagnosed with advanced stages of celiac disease and am now receiving food stamps, because I am in school and do not have enough income to pay for everything life with two children demands. I must stay on a gluten-free diet for the rest of my life. Eating "whatever food is a surplus" would kill me.
Next year, I will be a registered nurse. I hope I get to treat every single one of you people who expressed so much disdain and derision for people on food stamps. May God show you the way to love and internal happiness. I wonder how many of you graduated college the first time around Summa Cum Laude, as I did years ago.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#191 May 13, 2014
Nursing student wrote:
I have a 4.0 GPA in nursing school. I was just left by my husband of ten years, and I have been a stay-at-home mom, with no job skills. I have recently been diagnosed with advanced stages of celiac disease and am now receiving food stamps, because I am in school and do not have enough income to pay for everything life with two children demands. I must stay on a gluten-free diet for the rest of my life. Eating "whatever food is a surplus" would kill me.
Next year, I will be a registered nurse. I hope I get to treat every single one of you people who expressed so much disdain and derision for people on food stamps. May God show you the way to love and internal happiness. I wonder how many of you graduated college the first time around Summa Cum Laude, as I did years ago.
You are what the food stamp program was designed for.

Someone who works, and plans on getting off food stamp program.

What we are ranting about are the people who are born into the program and have no plan of ever getting off the program.

Good luck with your job, soon you too will be contruting to the 50% of the population who are poor & yet living large!
queen

United States

#192 Apr 25, 2015
A bunch of racist, clueless, egotistical, stereotypical, snobby ass rich kids writing comments, government assistance does not necessarily mean you are lazy, can't or wont find a job, everybody situation is different, gtf outta here with all that foolishness. 😤
only the truth

Rochester, NY

#193 Apr 25, 2015
queen wrote:
A bunch of racist, clueless, egotistical, stereotypical, snobby ass rich kids writing comments, government assistance does not necessarily mean you are lazy, can't or wont find a job, everybody situation is different, gtf outta here with all that foolishness. 😤
Get off of the government teat and get a job "Queen" than you run your mouth.
yourmom

Rochester, NY

#194 May 2, 2015
MLKing wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, derision prevents the use of EBT cards at the Pittsford Wegman's. I don't recall ever running into a shopper using one there.
You. Are the problem. All of you commenting about what people should or shouldn't be allowed to eat on ebt. I hope you are ready to tell disabled, elderly, war veterans, and kids that they are only allowed to eat what privileged folks deem to be acceptable. Are you implying those on welfare are less human? Because telling peopke if they are poor, they should not have pets, or be able to eat steak, or ice cream, you are a sick sad person. I hope you and your grandmother end up on assistance so that you can experience firsthand what these people you are being classist against really have to go through to get this assistance you say is so easy to get. You are a fool, and everyone's derogatory comments on this forum show who the real problems in this country come from.
whatever

Webster, NY

#195 May 2, 2015
I think you should be able to buy all foods except prepared foods with food stamps.
Freddie Gray

Rochester, NY

#196 May 2, 2015
yourmom wrote:
<quoted text>
You. Are the problem. All of you commenting about what people should or shouldn't be allowed to eat on ebt. I hope you are ready to tell disabled, elderly, war veterans, and kids that they are only allowed to eat what privileged folks deem to be acceptable. Are you implying those on welfare are less human? Because telling peopke if they are poor, they should not have pets, or be able to eat steak, or ice cream, you are a sick sad person. I hope you and your grandmother end up on assistance so that you can experience firsthand what these people you are being classist against really have to go through to get this assistance you say is so easy to get. You are a fool, and everyone's derogatory comments on this forum show who the real problems in this country come from.
Nickbo gets more money from being a so called disabled vet then anyone on the ebt and there is NOTHING wrong with him. He could have got a job years ago. Having no legs means nothing. Just look at Oscar Pistorius, he don't need no handicap placard on his car.
Nickbo, did even serve his county, he trained and was in for about 3 months, and then we have to pay for him for the rest of his life.
watchman69

Rochester, NY

#197 May 4, 2015
EBT encompasses more than just income based individuals. People with disabilities are included -- people who of no choice of their own have profound challenges to survive in this world . Jesus said "Feed the poor". EBT is the opportunity to do just that. EBT is not a blank check for all food. EBT is computer driven. Many foods posted in this dialogue blog is not supported by EBT and recipients pay out of pocket. Igorance Breeds contempt. Do your homework and diligence --- thank you.
SingleMomCuban

Milford, MA

#198 Wednesday Feb 3
I'm Hispanic. I get food stamps. I'm a single mom working 40 hours a week and still make below poverty level. Hot meals like the Chinese bar at Wegmans are not covered, but Wegmans subs are. A wegmans sub feeds me and my daughter for 2 days. I'm not going to apologize for feeding her. I only ever get food with that card and if it's not covered, I never complain and if I have the money, I'll pay for it and if I don't, I put it back. Some people aren't deadbeats. Some people need food stamps to survive bcus $24k a year supporting 2 people is just not enough to live.
USA USA USA USA

Honolulu, HI

#200 Wednesday Feb 3
IMHO, the only food given to people who need is: prepared food, the stuff the Military gets at a mess hall.

Food stamps and all the other items the Government gives away can and are traded for cash and that cash is used for illegal stuff.

If everyone was fed prepared food at least he kids would be fed a meal. The way it is the scum on food stamps with kids convert them to cash and the kids don't eat. Government sucks, and ya everyone doesn't abuse food stamps but many do and the misuse can be stamped out by supplying prepared food only.

And YES indeed people should only be allowed to buy wholesome food with food stamps, he11 kids in school only get Obama food for lunch why should food stamp food be any different???
Truth hurts liberals

United States

#201 Thursday Feb 4
Listen up ..... Corporate welfare cost way more than social welfare.
Wilmorite owed millions in back taxes but instead of throwing him in jail the government forgave what he owed and gave him hundreds of millions more to build Park Point and competes with others with their tax dollars.
If you or I don't pay our taxes we'd be in jail .
Why the double standard ?
College town...who pays for that ? The developer ? Nope ... You do.
Why isn't Coke head Danny Wegman in jail ? He's on corporate welfare big time.
What's this " tax free zone " crap ? It's corporate welfare .....nothing less...nothing more... Where as the long term residence people of Monroe county are stuck with increase taxes to give these non- paying tax liberal idiots unearned $$$.
That's the problem with regular people in Monroe county.... They're blind to what democrats are doing to our nation. It's not the poor guy on food stamps but the democrats that lead you to believe it is.
The real criminals are those like Wilmorite , wegmans, fast ferry Johnson, Silver ,Coumo, Clinton and others.... Not the poor uneducated son of a bitch down on Brown street.
Beware of liberals posing as Americans
Robert

United States

#202 Thursday Feb 4
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
What do you think?
My opinion is if your not paying for it yourself you lose the privilige of choice.The foox should be handed out directly and consist of whatever foods are in surplus and most cost effective.No soda and steak for those who don not work.
No go deferment help of aby kind.No money for loans college etc have no kids no lets.Only cash accepted for everything and credit cards .There are people with homes ,car assistance.Some military get food stamps ,some get food stamps to eat in restruant if no cooking where live .Food stamps for in jail .Some changes needed .Some feel the sick weak less desired should die fact .If one had a car or a home that's not poor.Even hear from recreates get Food stamps etc. Too much waste..Many changes need to take place if corruption of these goverment programs stop people would then learn to with out and respect their money.People can say and feel anything that's my view.
Robert

United States

#203 Thursday Feb 4
pigpen911 wrote:
Been saying for years that if someone is using food stamps and an EBT card,should only be able to use them at a food bank.That was the way it was years ago and there wasn't any problems.It is too damn bad if they are upset,maybe if they get really upset they will go out and look for a job.Look at the mess section 8 housing is in because some bleeding heart loon said it was demeaning for the welfare system to pay the landlord instead of the tenant.Before any of you bleeding hearts scream that the "system" does pay the landlord direct,that would be true in some cases,but the tenate has a choice of what way they want the rent to be paid.Just saying.
If people are of respossible other reaon landlord gets check direct from
family service.
Nancy

United States

#204 Thursday Feb 4
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why not I see people at Eastridge Wegmans use E.B.T. to pay for subs they get get at the sub counter.
There is social service collection foods forJewish. population..Noticed sign at Brightoni library on their back bulletin board near bathroom.Every culture Jewish men seen using them.
Nancy

United States

#205 Thursday Feb 4
MLKing wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, derision prevents the use of EBT cards at the Pittsford Wegman's. I don't recall ever running into a shopper using one there.
People I this area some cancerand they get food stamps and Medicade also.A car no need for help if my neighbods live in this nice area.What you on food stamps I said.There. nose in the air well got told.
Randh

United States

#206 Thursday Feb 4
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
What do you think?
My opinion is if your not paying for it yourself you lose the privilige of choice.The foox should be handed out directly and consist of whatever foods are in surplus and most cost effective.No soda and steak for those who don not work.
Get a life I bet you go to church also.Some hypricrite and bored..Phoney people in. church.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#207 Thursday Feb 4
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>
People I this area some cancerand they get food stamps and Medicade also.A car no need for help if my neighbods live in this nice area.What you on food stamps I said.There. nose in the air well got told.
WOW, your spelling police & grammar give away your ignorance.
Your writing skills are so poor, that you lack the ability to get your point across.
You win ... you are obviously so stupid that no one will EVER hire you, and you will most certainly die on welfare & food stamps.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#208 Thursday Feb 4
Remember that all food stamps & welfare is paid for with BORROWED money.
So, we the taxpayers are not just paying the bill, but the interest on it as well.
This means that we are raising the national debt, and this debt is what is changing American values.

Debt makes you a slave to the debtor.

Ever wonder why our lawmakers consistently make laws that go against the people?
It's because our lawmakers have borrowed money from other countries, and they cannot refuse their requests to change America.
For instance, because we owe the Saudis money ... our kids are not allowed to celebrate Christmas in school, and they are forced to celebrate national Hijab day or memorize the five pillars of Islam.

Instead of limiting what items people on government subsidies are allowed to purchase, people who receive government handouts should be forced to attend a course on how to manage money. After a while, they wouldn't need to be TOLD not to waste tax dollars on worthless high cost items, they would KNOW the difference between a want & and a need. Eventually, they would have money in a savings account, and would be able to stand on their own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rochester NY 2/6--2/8 Eleven Shot (one dead) On... 4 hr Annoyed 2
Were Their Two Shooters In Rochester's Latest M... 7 hr IescapedNY 1
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 9 hr Stu Gatz 345
News Deputies investigating racial slurs found on Ro... 10 hr for real 24
News New Officer Joins East Aurora P.D. (Nov '08) Mon WOW 16
Hillary's campaign circling toilet bowel Mon Polyanna 13
News Rochester Police Investigate Officer-Involved S... Mon Butch 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages