Car dealers scam posting as owners on...
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#24 Jan 20, 2014
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#25 Jan 20, 2014
Well you seem to be talking about 2 separate things.

1- "advertising them as there own individual cars".
2- "selling them as there own individual cars."

Are both against the law??

Maybe they are advertising them as there own individual cars, but later selling them as they are a dealer???

DMV doesn't run Craigslist.
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#26 Jan 21, 2014
Word has it that Craigslist is going to plan a crackdown on this as they are missing out on revenue . Dealers should be paying a 5 dollar fee to list as an owner.

All they have to do is have a flag button for being a dealer and a simple search on the phone number that is associated with the ad will quickly determine if they have multiple ads and are a dealer of if they just have 1 and are a actual owner.
Rachel Fan

Rochester, NY

#27 Jan 21, 2014
I sent a link of this post to tv 8 lets hope that someone picks this up and does a story on these dealers who are trying to fool car buyers.
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#28 Jan 21, 2014
Rachel Fan wrote:
I sent a link of this post to tv 8 lets hope that someone picks this up and does a story on these dealers who are trying to fool car buyers.
maybe the person at 8 will just read my comment and just blow your silliness off?

Well you seem to be talking about 2 separate things.

1- "advertising them as there own individual cars".
2- "selling them as there own individual cars."

Are both against the law??

Maybe they are advertising them as there own individual cars, but later seeling them as they are a dealer???
CLL

Camillus, NY

#29 Jan 21, 2014
CruiseWithHuge you obviously don't know the law or just acting ignorant towards it. You must be these mickey mouse dealers that can't afford $5 a month per car to advertise.
If a dealer is trying to lie and come off as an owner, think about what else they might be lying to you about.

It's only a matter of time before the NYS DMV finds out and throws the book on these dealers.

If you're a dealer than advertise in the dealer section, your business won't last with dishonesty.
CLL

Camillus, NY

#30 Jan 21, 2014
What everyone should do is flag every dealer car in the owner section. The more cars they post the less people it will take to flag each car.
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#31 Jan 21, 2014
CLL wrote:
CruiseWithHuge you obviously don't know the law or just acting ignorant towards it. You must be these mickey mouse dealers that can't afford $5 a month per car to advertise.
If a dealer is trying to lie and come off as an owner, think about what else they might be lying to you about.
It's only a matter of time before the NYS DMV finds out and throws the book on these dealers.
If you're a dealer than advertise in the dealer section, your business won't last with dishonesty.
Lying is not always against the law.
You need to take up you problem with craiglist for allowing them to do it.
It has nothing to do with Topix, DMV, NYS laws, or 8,10, or 13.
Why don't you call the dealers and talk to them??
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#32 Jan 21, 2014
CLL wrote:
What everyone should do is flag every dealer car in the owner section. The more cars they post the less people it will take to flag each car.
Everyone should mind their own business and not take orders from you trying to make an army to follow you.
Rachel Fan

Rochester, NY

#33 Jan 21, 2014
CruiseWithHuge wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying is not always against the law.
I guess it is easy to see that you had to miss class in the business 101 the day that the professor taught ethics if you think it is ok for a car dealer to lie.
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#34 Jan 21, 2014
Tommy Rules

Rochester, NY

#35 Jan 21, 2014
CLL wrote:
What everyone should do is flag every dealer car in the owner section. The more cars they post the less people it will take to flag each car.
Great idea flag those that are trying to scam car buyers
Mall person

Rochester, NY

#36 Jan 21, 2014
Maybe the public will take notice of what these dealers are trying to pull
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#37 Jan 21, 2014
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#38 Jan 21, 2014
Mall person wrote:
Maybe the public will take notice of what these dealers are trying to pull
What dealers?? You haven't gave us any names of dealers..
CruiseWithHuge

Rochester, NY

#39 Jan 21, 2014
Rachel Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it is easy to see that you had to miss class in the business 101 the day that the professor taught ethics if you think it is ok for a car dealer to lie.
Are you really looking for honesty or ethics in a used car dealer??
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#40 Jan 21, 2014
CruiseWithHuge wrote:
<quoted text>
What dealers?? You haven't gave us any names of dealers..
Yes most of the bigger dealers in town do try their best to play by the rules , however it is the small guys like the ones out of a lyell ave garage that presents the problems.

I or no-one else should have a problem with ANY business trying to make a profit as that is the name of the game to be successful, however they dont have to be crooks to reach their goals.
DMV Friend

Rochester, NY

#41 Jan 21, 2014
CLL

Camillus, NY

#42 Jan 21, 2014
This isn't just a problem in Rochester, every city on Craigslist has dealers posting as owners. Craigslist is obviously aware of this and they have started to track dealer ads and delete them.
Dorky Dave

Rochester, NY

#43 Jan 22, 2014
Lets hope that Craigslist is doing something as these dealers are ruining things now by posting in the wrong section.

If they post as dealers like they should then no problem. They must feel that by being honest and posting where they belong the car buying public is simply not interested in their junk cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 25% of RCSD students missed first day 10 min Stoopid execs 5
superintendent called the attendance figure "co... 4 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 2
Remembering Officer Daryl Pierson 4 hr the wedge 7
Wanted White Suspect Name Kept Secret After Arr... 4 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
White Cross Burners name Kept Secret 4 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
Susan B. Anthony on 10.00 bill 8 hr Terry 6
Police: cars damaged during driving stunt 10 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages