Quick takes on Rochester-area health news

May 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

Value of clinical trials for cancer The Brockport Breast Cancer Support Group invites women with any kind of cancer to hear guest speakers talk about the importance of clinical trials and about what can be done to raise awareness and reduce cancer cases.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 6, 2010
Anonymous

Savage, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Hello,
My name is Idil Abdull. I am from Somalia and have a son with autism. Rep Kim Norton introduced a house bill 359 which mandates private insurance to pay for early intensive therapy but leaves out the low income, people of color, minorities and recent immigrants that have children with autism to get the same therapy for their autistic children. We think this is un-just and Rep Norton is telling us that health care in Minnesota is a privilege not a right. Autism is hitting our community and our children needs help not empty political words.

Please email or call all of your Minnesota representatives and Senators and urge them to take this bill out of the health care because it will devastate so many families affected by autism.

rep.kim.norton@house.mn
rep.tina.liebling@house.mn
rep.andy.welti@house.mn
rep.randy.demmer@house.mn
sen.david.senjem@senate.mn

All children must get access to equal care.
Thank you so much for your support and God bless you!
Idil
New York New York

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Idil Abdull wrote:
Hello,
My name is Idil Abdull. I am from Somalia and have a son with autism. Rep Kim Norton introduced a house bill 359 which mandates private insurance to pay for early intensive therapy but leaves out the low income, people of color, minorities and recent immigrants that have children with autism to get the same therapy for their autistic children. We think this is un-just and Rep Norton is telling us that health care in Minnesota is a privilege not a right. Autism is hitting our community and our children needs help not empty political words.
Please email or call all of your Minnesota representatives and Senators and urge them to take this bill out of the health care because it will devastate so many families affected by autism.
rep.kim.norton@house.mn
rep.tina.liebling@house.mn
rep.andy.welti@house.mn
rep.randy.demmer@house.mn
sen.david.senjem@senate.mn
All children must get access to equal care.
Thank you so much for your support and God bless you!
Idil
Sorry but we can NOT. We are in Rochester New York, NOT Minnesota.
Kim Norton

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Idill has misunderstood the bill. It will NOT harm any low income or minority. It simply forces the big insurance companies to provide Autism services for their clients rather than force them to buy an additional policy from the State of Minnesota. The bill has specific language stating that services for MA client MUST remain the same and the Dept. of Human Services has testified publically that these are the facts. We have put in place the requirement for the Dept. of Health to report back to the Legislature in February after they study both public and private plans to disclose any dicrepencies in services. There is additional language in place to study the high incidence of autism in the Somali community over the interm as well. It is my hope, that after two years of work, a misunderstanding will not derail this long overdue piece of legislation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spencerport Discussions

Search the Spencerport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
topix is run by racist jiggers 5 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 1
topix is jigger lovers 5 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr General Robert E Lee 6,361
7 Investigates: Cigarette lighters spark concerns 6 hr Ha Ha 3
What is your biggest pet peeve 6 hr Ha Ha 25
My HOME BOY shoots baby in stroller DAY GOT PIC 6 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 4
post WHATS BETTER PANTYHOSE OR BAG FOR HEAD 6 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 3
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Monroe County was issued at July 28 at 2:01AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Spencerport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••