Rural Metro preparing for possible bankruptcy

There are 11 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Rural Metro preparing for possible bankruptcy. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

Rural Metro, a company that many people in the Rochester area depend on in medical emergencies, might be on the verge of bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#23 Aug 5, 2013
Benji wrote:
<quoted text>
A Strong Hospital conspiracy? I knew it. No insurance, you're not going home?
Strong's version of patient-dumping?

I don't know, maybe it's due to 3rd-world medical care in U.S. urban hospital emergency rooms.

Either way, if I'm transported against my will, take me to Unity or dump me along side the road. At least I won't linger for 3 weeks, then die anyway. And getting dumped along side the road would be a lot cheaper -$75 plus $25 surcharge for a Carcass Removal Crew compared to tens of thousands billed from Strong.
Benji

Pittsford, NY

#24 Aug 5, 2013
Das right chillren wrote:
<quoted text>
take me to Unity or dump me along side the road.
Isn't that redundant?

Unfortunately, those huge unpaid bills rung up at Strong are ultimately paid for by other patients (proportionately). Or it becomes a total loss, and they dun the person for the rest of their life, eventually getting a court judgement (lien) against him/her.

The State of NY mandates by law that you can't be turned away from an ED, even though there is not a chance you can pay. I'm sure the ambulance companies get stiffed, too.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#25 Aug 5, 2013
Benji wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that redundant?
It could be redundant. I thought Unity was Parkridge nenamed. Correct me if I'm wrong. On the other hand, everything is relative. How does Unity (Parkridge) compare with hospitals in Fairport?
Benji

Pittsford, NY

#26 Aug 5, 2013
Das right chillren wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be redundant. I thought Unity was Parkridge nenamed. Correct me if I'm wrong. On the other hand, everything is relative. How does Unity (Parkridge) compare with hospitals in Fairport?
We don't have any hospitals here. We use healers (I don't think they're licensed) if we're really sick, otherwise the local Rite Aid for medical advice. They spend our tax dollars on the overpaid police force and festivals.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#27 Aug 5, 2013
Benji wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have any hospitals here. We use healers (I don't think they're licensed) if we're really sick, otherwise the local Rite Aid for medical advice. They spend our tax dollars on the overpaid police force and festivals.
lmao

Healers would be my 1st choice, but in a pinch, you can't go wrong with Rite Aid!
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#30 Aug 5, 2013
Benji wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone say overpaid police force ?
WhiteIsRight

Rochester, NY

#31 Aug 6, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>I hate hospitals and don't care much for doctors, that being said Unity saved my butt(sorry Rhonda) twice in the last two years. Good hospital, great staff, food sucks, but a hospital where you can walk out of unlike others in the city.
Twice we could have be ridden of you....SOB! That place needs to be shut down immediately!
Pittsford Girl

Park Ridge, IL

#32 Aug 6, 2013
rochmetro wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone say overpaid police force ?
Barney Fife is alive and well, working for the overpaid Fairport Police Dept. What a bunch of bozos and cop wanabees.
Herbert

Pittsford, NY

#34 Aug 6, 2013
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
<quoted text>
If strong did their job, the Rochester murder rate would be cut in have.
This statement points to how muddled you are. Really? Unbelievable.

We get booked for murder because Strong doesn't do their job well, and heal critically injured gunshot victims. Pathetic.

The torch for "Village Idiot" has been handed off to you.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#36 Aug 7, 2013
Mercy Flight opened a ground ambulance in Batavia because the town of Batavia couldn't afford the union workers.
They might end up in Rochester now.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Japan

#37 Sep 8, 2013
American-stock-prices must crash now!
Dow must be $3,000 now! S&P must be 300 now!
American-Bond-Prices must crash now!
The U.S. must contract its domestic-demand now.
The U.S. must tighten its monetary-policy now.
Economic-bubble of the U.S. must crash now.
Economic-growth-rate of the U.S. must be lower than eonomic-growth-rates of Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea now.
If the U.S. will begin wars newly, then Dow must be $2,000, S&P must be 200 and interest-rate of the U.S. must be 10%!

The U.S. must take Monroe-doctrine now!

Occupy Wall Street!
The U.S. needs “Occupy Wall Street” only in the U.S. only for Americans now.

Nikkei-225 must be 100,000-Yen now!
If Japan raises its consumption-tax-rate, then Nikkei-225 must be 200,000-Yen in order to cancel out the effect of rising its consumption-tax-rate.
Japan must expand its domestic-demand now.
Japan must loosen its monetary-policy now.
Economic-bubble must occur in Japan now.
Japan must be a competitive-society now.

Germany's, China's, Tawan's, Japan's and South-Korea's stock-prices must 7-times as high as their current-stock-prices now.
Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea must expand their domestic-demands now!
Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea must loosen their monetary-policies now.
Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea must be competitive-societies now!
Economic-bubbles must occur in Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea now.
Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea must make a shift from manufacturing to the service-industries in Germany, China, Tawan, Japan and South-Korea now.
Germany's, China's, Tawan's, Japan's and South-Korea's econimies must move from manufacturing more towards service-bases now.

The U.S. must have Universal-Health-Care-System only in the U.S. only among A,mericans now!
The U.S. must revive Labor-Unions only in the U.S. only among Americans now.
The U.S. must revive antitrust-law only in the U.S. only for Americans now.
Miniimu-wage of Americans must be $70,000 per person per year now.
Jobless-rate of the U.S. must be 2% now.
The U.S. must decrease thegap between the rich and the poor only in the U.S. only among Americans now.

The U.S. must revive American-Heavy-Industry only in the U.S. only for Americans now.
The U.S. must fill the world with Made-in-U.S.A.-products now.
The U.S. must be the world's factory now.
The U.S. must have 5-Trillion-dollar-trade-surplu s per year and 5-Trillion-dollar-current-acco unt-surplus per year now.
The U.S. must be the largest creditor-nation in the world ever in world-history now.
American-companies and the U.S. must monopolize all the markets all over the world now.

The U.S. must decrease its Military-Budget to $100-Billion now.
Or, the U.S. must decrease its Military-Budget to 1% of its GDP now.
The U.S. must withdraw its American-Forces from Japan, South-Korea, Singapore, Asia, Germnay, Italy, British, Europe, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Ioraq now!
The U.S. must withdraw its American-Forces now from all the wars in which the U.S. now involves.

Chechen war, South Ossetia war, Tibetan Independence war, Uyghur (Xinjiang) independence war,
Japan-China war, Japan-Russia war, Japan-S.Korea war, Japan-N.Korea war,
Sino-Russia war, Sino-Indian war, Indo-Pakistani war, China-Malaysia war, China-Indonesia war,
European war, Germany-Russia war, British-Russia war, British-Spain war, Balkan war, Falklands war,
must begin now.
The U.S. must not involve in thse wars.
The U.S. must make cars, ships, steel, airplanes, PCs, home-electric-appliances, and weapons, etc. in the U.S.,
and the U.S. must export those cars, ships, steel, airplanes, PCs, home-electric-appliances, and weapons, etc. from the U.S. to the world.

Remember Pearl Habor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!
Germany, China, Taiwan, Japan and South-Korea are evil-fascism-communim-empires!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Revenue Trap @ Cha--Ching/Cha-Ching 59 min Educate UR self 3
State police won't release dashcam video of off... 3 hr EthiopianJew 5
Schumer: Allow Nepalese to stay in US as nation... 5 hr Rabbi Bernstein 4
Human remains found in Irondequiot not Brian Su... 6 hr Congress is Irrel... 1
J-Mac All-Star Basketball Team 6 hr JMacTheDrunk 1
Break room ratings 9 hr Semper Fi Forever 293
Freddie Gray Arrest Record, Criminal History & ... 10 hr W Buffet 15
More from around the web

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE