Rural Metro preparing for possible ba...

Rural Metro preparing for possible bankruptcy

There are 31 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Aug 2, 2013, titled Rural Metro preparing for possible bankruptcy. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

Rural Metro, a company that many people in the Rochester area depend on in medical emergencies, might be on the verge of bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ha Ha

Iraq

#2 Aug 2, 2013
Maybe Mercyflight in batavia will expand to cover rochester?
Guy in a Hoody

Rochester, NY

#3 Aug 2, 2013
suburbanwatch wrote:
How is this possible when they constantly are taking people to the hospital with gun shot wounds, stab wounds, or injuries due to violence? Oh must be "they" dont pay the bambulance bill.
I believe it is pronounced AM BOO LANCE. Like BAF ROOM.
Guy in a Hoody

Rochester, NY

#4 Aug 2, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Maybe Mercyflight in batavia will expand to cover rochester?
They will have difficulty landing on ghetto streets, with all that garbage whipping around in their rotor wash.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#5 Aug 2, 2013
suburbanwatch wrote:
How is this possible when they constantly are taking people to the hospital with gun shot wounds, stab wounds, or injuries due to violence? Oh must be "they" dont pay the bambulance bill.
The shooting and stabing victims may have to have someone drive them to the hospital now. Maybee RTS can offer a shuttle service to Strong Hospital like Lift line for city residents. It looks like no more free rides.
Guy in a Hoody

Rochester, NY

#6 Aug 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybee RTS can offer a shuttle service to Strong Hospital like Lift line for city residents.
You, Chuck, are brilliant. We convert a few RTS buses in MASH units (with comfy reclining seats), where a licensed nurse can triage the wounded rider on the way to Strong Bullet Repair Clinic, and call his condition in on the radio.

It would allow his homies to ride to the clinic with him, for moral (using the term loosely) support.

You could run normal routes, and have the MASH unit be every third or fourth bus. RTS would have to charge more for the service, but at least the on-board nurse could get an IV started, and administer oxygen.

If this is successful (as I'm sure it will be), the next phase is mobile operating room buses, staffed with trauma surgeons. The cost would likely have to be assumed by the taxpayers on this one, because those guys don't come cheap. And the whole community could watch through the windows as the bus goes by, heading for the next stop. Blood spurting everywhere, it would be exciting.

Just a thought.
Jokes On Them

Hilton, NY

#7 Aug 2, 2013
Wait I thought the Trillion in tax payer money for Obama Care was going to fix this un-insured problem?
Barney

Miami, FL

#8 Aug 2, 2013
And the sign on the front of the bus would say 'SURGERY IN PROGRESS'.

It's a good idea, especially like the open viewing as the bus goes by. Only downsize is the bumps in our sucky roads might cause jagged incisions. We have to overcome the lousy ride problem. I'll be thinking about it.

This could be the solution to shuttling gunshot victims around Rochester. Do the recuperate on the bus, or in the hospital? The bus would be a cheaper.
WhiteIsRight

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Aug 2, 2013
Jokes On Them wrote:
Wait I thought the Trillion in tax payer money for Obama Care was going to fix this un-insured problem?
FYI: The ghetto isn't the only service area for RM.
To answer you question, it would if a certain demographic weren't brainwashed into believing that it was the end of America as they know it. This demographic also represents the largest uninsured or underinsured segment of our society.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#10 Aug 2, 2013
Barney wrote:
And the sign on the front of the bus would say 'SURGERY IN PROGRESS'.
It's a good idea, especially like the open viewing as the bus goes by. Only downsize is the bumps in our sucky roads might cause jagged incisions. We have to overcome the lousy ride problem. I'll be thinking about it.
This could be the solution to shuttling gunshot victims around Rochester. Do the recuperate on the bus, or in the hospital? The bus would be a cheaper.
I was thinking the Red Cross in cooperation with RTS and Strong Hospital could come up with something. Red Cross could have coffie and donutes on the bus to help the victim, family members and friends. RTS furnishes a free driver and mini bus and Strong furnishes a free nurse. Call it the Strong Bullet Express Triage Unit. Of corse it will all be donated and free for victims and families of the victims.
Jokes On Them

Hilton, NY

#11 Aug 2, 2013
WhiteIsRight wrote:
<quoted text>FYI: The ghetto isn't the only service area for RM.
To answer you question, it would if a certain demographic weren't brainwashed into believing that it was the end of America as they know it. This demographic also represents the largest uninsured or underinsured segment of our society.
In Monroe county almost every town surrounding the city has their own Volunteer ambulance service that take care of hard working people. Fact most everyone in the suburbs is insured except for the subsidized housing people forced on towns by county mandates. Brainwashed? 60% of violent crime victims are minorities that were done by over 50% of violent crime Offenders aka blacks. SMH wake up.
I feel bad for hard working honest minorities that are dragged down by the majority of leaches and thugs of color and are looked at as the majority of their peers.
Guy in a Hoody

Rochester, NY

#12 Aug 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking the Red Cross in cooperation with RTS and Strong Hospital could come up with something. Red Cross could have coffie and donutes on the bus to help the victim, family members and friends. RTS furnishes a free driver and mini bus and Strong furnishes a free nurse. Call it the Strong Bullet Express Triage Unit. Of corse it will all be donated and free for victims and families of the victims.
I don't know. While I agree that the Red Cross should be involved, I think it sends the wrong message to make it free.

The reason I say that is, according to many minority types posting here, they want to be considered mainstream. Making it free might devalue it in their eyes. Most of them have credit or debit cards, so the driver could run the card prior to boarding. If it is declined, he closes the door and continues on. The uncreditworthy victims would be on their own, unless their homies step up.

Also, if we make it free, it will just encourage gun violence in those demographics. As for donuts, you know they will complain about the selection.
Jokes On Them

Hilton, NY

#13 Aug 2, 2013
WhiteIsRight wrote:
<quoted text>FYI: The ghetto isn't the only service area for RM.
To answer you question, it would if a certain demographic weren't brainwashed into believing that it was the end of America as they know it. This demographic also represents the largest uninsured or underinsured segment of our society.


Since your post is unutterably understandable let me break it down in plain English. 85% of blacks are un-insured or on under insured medicaid opposed to whites who are 85% private insured. You can find those facts on any government site or even the great Reverend Al Sharptons site who is angry blacks are not just handed private insurance.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#14 Aug 2, 2013
Guy in a Hoody wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. While I agree that the Red Cross should be involved, I think it sends the wrong message to make it free.
The reason I say that is, according to many minority types posting here, they want to be considered mainstream. Making it free might devalue it in their eyes. Most of them have credit or debit cards, so the driver could run the card prior to boarding. If it is declined, he closes the door and continues on. The uncreditworthy victims would be on their own, unless their homies step up.
Also, if we make it free, it will just encourage gun violence in those demographics. As for donuts, you know they will complain about the selection.
EBT cards?
Guy in a Hoody

Rochester, NY

#15 Aug 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
EBT cards?
Again, you have stepped up and solved the thorny payment problem.

Let's split this project up. I am an incredible, award wining engineer and leading edge idea guy... but I can't manage. They slide lunch under the door to me because of my personality. They're all a----les.

You, on the other hand, have distinct and proven project management skills.

Here's the deal. I'll design and develop the ideas, address the technical aspects (like biohazard drains, lighting etc), and you address the high level project stuff that needs finance and people skills. Let me know when you can start.
WhiteIsRight

Rochester, NY

#16 Aug 3, 2013
Jokes On Them wrote:
<quoted text>
In Monroe county almost every town surrounding the city has their own Volunteer ambulance service that take care of hard working people. Fact most everyone in the suburbs is insured except for the subsidized housing people forced on towns by county mandates. Brainwashed? 60% of violent crime victims are minorities that were done by over 50% of violent crime Offenders aka blacks. SMH wake up.
I feel bad for hard working honest minorities that are dragged down by the majority of leaches and thugs of color and are looked at as the majority of their peers.
What are you rambling on about here?
WhiteIsRight

Rochester, NY

#17 Aug 3, 2013
Jokes On Them wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your post is unutterably understandable let me break it down in plain English. 85% of blacks are un-insured or on under insured medicaid opposed to whites who are 85% private insured. You can find those facts on any government site or even the great Reverend Al Sharptons site who is angry blacks are not just handed private insurance.
Post the sources of your info......
Nice touch throwing in 85% of whites are privately insured. What your failed to mention almost half of all Whites have no insurance at all.

According to the census bureau. 45% of the white population and 33% of the Hispanic are uninsured. Blacks only represent 16% of the uninsured population.

Just by shear numbers whites have the most to gain by "Obama Care"
Daschene

Rochester, NY

#18 Aug 3, 2013
WhiteIsRight wrote:
<quoted text>Post the sources of your info......
Nice touch throwing in 85% of whites are privately insured. What your failed to mention almost half of all Whites have no insurance at all.
Here is the source: http://www.lmgtfy.com/
Janice

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 5, 2013
CityRes wrote:
Do I recall several year ago that Duffy and the city were doing something fishy making the contract go to rural metro without letting others have a chance to bid?
Yes, a rigged bet excluding Monroe Ambulance from bidding - for some minor phoney infraction. The wanted Rural Metro to be the only "bidder".
Das right chillren

Fairport, NY

#21 Aug 5, 2013
I've let everyone know that I'm not to be moved until I reach room temperature - no extraordinary measures taken to resuscitate, including but not limited to, transport to an ER by ambulance.

So, to make a short story even longer, Rural Metro's bankruptcy won't affect me.

To be brutally honest, Rural Metro's bankruptcy won't affect victims of Rochester's street violence all that much, either.

I'll be the 1st to admit my math skills are not the best, but a quick tally of articles posted on the D&C web site seems to suggest that 99.9% of street-violence victims don't make it out of Strong Emergency alive anyway.

We're talking one tenth of one percent here.
Benji

Rochester, NY

#22 Aug 5, 2013
Das right chillren wrote:
99.9% of street-violence victims don't make it out of Strong Emergency alive anyway.
We're talking one tenth of one percent here.
A Strong Hospital conspiracy? I knew it. No insurance, you're not going home?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1960's Rochester Bands (Jan '09) 1 hr Dan 108
Jack90391923 has to be DIAMOND DAISY 7 hr Ha Ha 20
Sheriff David Clark/Love What He Says 7 hr Ha Ha 19
Orange Fuehrer Speaks Tonight 7 hr Ha Ha 18
the josephbarkley epidemic 10 hr josephbarkley 22
Two White suspects charged with robbery in Geneva (Oct '12) 14 hr josephbarkley 17
Black Man Wanted In Violent Geneva Robberies (Jan '12) 14 hr josephbarkley 13

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages