Two suspects arrested following a sho...

Two suspects arrested following a shoplifting complaint

There are 15 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Two suspects arrested following a shoplifting complaint. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The Town of Macedon Police Department arrested two suspects today following a shoplifting complaint at the Macedon Wal-Mart store on Route 31.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

SDH

Webster, NY

#2 Dec 18, 2007
"individuals with addictions travel to the suburbs where they feel a false sense of security perpetrating their crimes."

Gee, one of the suspects was listed with an address of Spencerport - last I checked *that* was a suburb too!
R U SERIOUS

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2007
I had no idea that Wal-mart employees made so much money. I would NEVER put my life on the line for a $7.25 per hour job. Like Wal-Mart can't afford to have a few things shoplifted from them, they steal from their employees every day! As far as the "Drugs in the suburbs" go, like they only exsist in the city? COME ON! If you believe that then you really must be BLIND or plain stupid! Drugs are everywhere. But, Kudos to the Wal-Mart employee that made a difference in our community. You put the "bad guys" away. Now Wal-Mart can go on thriving, and stealing all at the same time.:)
Bonnie

Penn Yan, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2007
R U SERIOUS wrote:
I had no idea that Wal-mart employees made so much money. I would NEVER put my life on the line for a $7.25 per hour job. Like Wal-Mart can't afford to have a few things shoplifted from them, they steal from their employees every day! As far as the "Drugs in the suburbs" go, like they only exsist in the city? COME ON! If you believe that then you really must be BLIND or plain stupid! Drugs are everywhere. But, Kudos to the Wal-Mart employee that made a difference in our community. You put the "bad guys" away. Now Wal-Mart can go on thriving, and stealing all at the same time.:)
You are the type of people then that make the prices go up for the consumers if you feel that shoplifting is alright. And how do you know that the WalMart person was only making $7.25 an hour? Maybe he was making more then that. Besides that, what he makes an hour isn't the problem here. The problem here is that the suspects are criminals that came from the city. If they want to commit a crime, then stay in your own territory and leave the people of these smaller towns alone.
Sandra

Rochester, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2007
Sgt. John Colella's statement about 'individuals with addictions travel to the suburbs...' leaves one wondering is he in the land of reality. Drug addiction is everywhere, including Macedon! Once people become more open to this fact, there just might be a greater urgency to begin intervention services much earlier in the cruel cycle of addiction.
R U SERIOUS

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2007
We make prices go up for consumers ? Did anyone condone petit larceny ? I think you missed the boat here Bon Bon R U SERIOUS was simply stating that its really not worth risking YOUR LIFE let alone your breath to stop violent felons from shoplifting $10 ($2 supply chain direct)worth of goods from a mega corporation that swindles that exact same employee (the one who risked life & limb)on a daily basis!
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> You are the type of people then that make the prices go up for the consumers if you feel that shoplifting is alright. And how do you know that the WalMart person was only making $7.25 an hour? Maybe he was making more then that. Besides that, what he makes an hour isn't the problem here. The problem here is that the suspects are criminals that came from the city. If they want to commit a crime, then stay in your own territory and leave the people of these smaller towns alone.
I AM SERIOS

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 18, 2007
We make prices go up for consumers ? Did anyone condone petit larceny ? I think you missed the boat here Bon Bon R U SERIOUS was simply stating that its really not worth risking YOUR LIFE let alone your breath to stop violent felons from shoplifting $10 ($2 supply chain direct)worth of goods from a mega corporation that swindles that exact same employee (the one who risked life & limb)on a daily basis!
John

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 18, 2007
Shaun wrote:
I wonder if that would have been a police officer he hit, would the bail amounts and the charges been the same?
No - they wouldn't be the same. In NY it is a higher level of crime when a police officer, who dedicates his/her safety to protect others and is paid very little but is required to take life-threatening risks, is assaulted... as it is most everywhere.. as it has been for at least decades. There are very intelligent reasons for this and apparently you have not researched such reasoning, as many in the criminal justice & legislative professions have.
u can t be serious

United States

#11 Dec 18, 2007
the amount was probably a lot more than just $10 in case you haven't paid much attention to the news walmart will only prosecute for more than $25 and you really don't know the circumstances involving this issue the merchandise taken probably comes out of their bonus maybe even their paychecks. a thief is a thief no matter how much they take.
R U SERIOUS

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 20, 2007
U can't be serious, Are you blind or dumb? My whole point, and read a book you may learn something, is that Wal-Mart doesn't give what they should to their employees. Why would an employee risk their life for such a low paying ungiving job? If this guy would have been injured do you seriously think that the Walton family would have paid his medical bills with their billions? Probably not! They won't even pay for health care for their employees, who most are on Medicade, and still need state assistance to get by. You completely missed the whole point. Yes, a theif is a theif, but my point was the risk the employee took. HELLO!
R U SERIOUS

Rochester, NY

#14 Dec 20, 2007
oops thief.
u aint smart

Kennebunk, ME

#15 Dec 20, 2007
You ABSOLUTELY missed the point ! I simply stated the $10 thing to make a point and that is .... that umm didnt know I would need to explain this again....the Wal-Mart employee isnt making enough money to risk HIS LIFE to stop DESPERATE CRIMINALS ! Get with it ! I didnt condone, in any aspect, that shoplifting was OK and I also did not state that I know, or care to know all of the details of this incident. You may need to take a course in a little thing called COMMON SENSE. "Risk your life for Wal-Mart and we'll give you a $50 bonus at the end of the year !" LOL
u can t be serious wrote:
the amount was probably a lot more than just $10 in case you haven't paid much attention to the news walmart will only prosecute for more than $25 and you really don't know the circumstances involving this issue the merchandise taken probably comes out of their bonus maybe even their paychecks. a thief is a thief no matter how much they take.
R U SERIOUS

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 20, 2007
u aint smart wrote:
You ABSOLUTELY missed the point ! I simply stated the $10 thing to make a point and that is .... that umm didnt know I would need to explain this again....the Wal-Mart employee isnt making enough money to risk HIS LIFE to stop DESPERATE CRIMINALS ! Get with it ! I didnt condone, in any aspect, that shoplifting was OK and I also did not state that I know, or care to know all of the details of this incident. You may need to take a course in a little thing called COMMON SENSE. "Risk your life for Wal-Mart and we'll give you a $50 bonus at the end of the year !" LOL<quoted text>
I like the way you think! Are you married? We could be bestfriends ;)
Jeff

United States

#19 Dec 22, 2007
Tommy Potter has been chased out of peoples yards in the Town of Gates as well
Allen

United States

#23 Dec 28, 2007
No it is all reality, one has to remember there is very little retail left in the city anymore so those looking to shoplift find more choices in the "Burbs"
Sandra wrote:
Sgt. John Colella's statement about 'individuals with addictions travel to the suburbs...' leaves one wondering is he in the land of reality. Drug addiction is everywhere, including Macedon! Once people become more open to this fact, there just might be a greater urgency to begin intervention services much earlier in the cruel cycle of addiction.
Tim

United States

#25 Dec 29, 2007
[]"individuals with addictions travel to the suburbs where they feel a false sense of security perpetrating their crimes."

--why do you think they have to travel to the suburbs? Do you not think they may already be in the suburbs? This is not urban versus suburban and not everyone in urban areas have addictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 4 hr rnormanii 26
Was the Drunk Driver also a Drunk Roofer?? 5 hr The Real Deal 5
Jury Finds Tina Sardisco Guilty on Both Counts (Apr '12) 6 hr RacistFireCrotch ... 49
i hope the Bills lose today so they can fire Re... 7 hr south avenue wedge 26
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 7 hr slammer is facts 746
Filling seats at the first presidential debate 8 hr TrumpedUpTrickelDown 11
Trump Given Bad Microphone by NBC 8 hr TrumpedUpTrickelDown 2

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages