David

Pittsford, NY

#22 Jul 18, 2013
The man wrote:
Along with their stupid traffic diversion.
The boot drive is the most annoying fund raiser fire departments do, but unfortunately people give because they are embarrassed not to. It works because they are starring you down. Intimidation works on whimps, and they exploit it.

I just say "No change", which pisses them off because they want bills.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#23 Jul 18, 2013
what about the hazing for "probies" at Point Pleasant?
Get 'em drunk, make 'em run...brilliant.

are you freaking kidding me?

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#24 Jul 18, 2013
when you house is afire and your loved ones are trapped are you really , really going to care what a fireman makes ...for me not enough
deserved

Geneva, NY

#25 Jul 18, 2013
why complain about what they get paid?

drop the puck, Ref...

#26 Jul 18, 2013
it's not WHAT they're paid, it's the crooked O.T. and shuffling that is done to get the pay in the first place.
why do you think this came up?
because red flags came up that Henrietta has a disproportionate amount of workers making over 90K.
It doesn't mean that they shouldn't make a wage that's fair, but let's look at it and find out WHY this is so far out of line.
Don't forget how UN-accountable the fire commisioners and chiefs are with their "discretionary" budgets.
You open those COOKED books up, you'll get a suntan. In every dept.
Why don't they ALL get 90K?
I'll tell you. Because the chiefs have "chosen" who the darlings are.
Who the "buddies" and relatives are that GET this juice. How about commisioners that have relatives on the paid side? Should they be voting and approving benefits and pay packages.
Hell, pay 'em all equally, problem solved.
90K each.

drop the puck, Ref...

#27 Jul 18, 2013
The man wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of telling the next boot drive dicwad to shove that boot up their a$$.
and who checks the books on all that CASH?
temptation must be overwhelming for guys that DON'T get the O.T.
Tiltin Hilton at Mayers

Hamburg, NY

#28 Jul 18, 2013
hmmmm
Richard Wartz

Hamburg, NY

#29 Jul 18, 2013
it's everywhere

Former Village of Corfu Justice and Court Clerk facing charges

According to police, the New York State Comptroller's audit found $10,000 missing from the court.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101238.sht...

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#30 Jul 18, 2013
Richard Wartz wrote:
it's everywhere
Former Village of Corfu Justice and Court Clerk facing charges
According to police, the New York State Comptroller's audit found $10,000 missing from the court.
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101238.sht...
curious what in the hell does Corfu ,a JOP/CLERK
have to do with Henriette and firemen

drop the puck, Ref...

#31 Jul 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
curious what in the hell does Corfu ,a JOP/CLERK
have to do with Henriette and firemen
it seems corruption isn't just in the "nicer" suburbs.
it's a rural issue as well.
David

Pittsford, NY

#32 Jul 18, 2013
Corruption, fraud and blatant waste is a way of life in local, state and federal government entities. Unfortunately, while we can expose it on Topix, and complain about it -- nothing definitive is being done to solve this expensive problem.

Politics will always dictate that they are untouchable, and these policies will continue [to bilk the taxpayers].

Look into Brighton or Pittsford -- it would amaze and disgust you.
YIKES

Rochester, NY

#33 Jul 18, 2013
David wrote:
Corruption, fraud and blatant waste is a way of life in local, state and federal government entities. Unfortunately, while we can expose it on Topix, and complain about it -- nothing definitive is being done to solve this expensive problem.
Politics will always dictate that they are untouchable, and these policies will continue [to bilk the taxpayers].
Look into Brighton or Pittsford -- it would amaze and disgust you.
we can clearly see who the real crooks are in this society.
the white man been stealing since he stole this land from the natives. can't lie about that, they are born crooked.
YIKES

Rochester, NY

#34 Jul 18, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
it's not WHAT they're paid, it's the crooked O.T. and shuffling that is done to get the pay in the first place.
why do you think this came up?
because red flags came up that Henrietta has a disproportionate amount of workers making over 90K.
It doesn't mean that they shouldn't make a wage that's fair, but let's look at it and find out WHY this is so far out of line.
Don't forget how UN-accountable the fire commisioners and chiefs are with their "discretionary" budgets.
You open those COOKED books up, you'll get a suntan. In every dept.
Why don't they ALL get 90K?
I'll tell you. Because the chiefs have "chosen" who the darlings are.
Who the "buddies" and relatives are that GET this juice. How about commisioners that have relatives on the paid side? Should they be voting and approving benefits and pay packages.
Hell, pay 'em all equally, problem solved.
90K each.
welcome to America where greed is king and welfare runs rampant.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#35 Jul 18, 2013
Firefighters or criminals? Time theft is a crime.
What will the Town of Henrietta do about it? No need for thousands of hours of overtime. Hire more people or fire the slugs that are out all the time and making the department short. No budget here. Its out of control. Poorley run fire department. Fire the Chief first. Then the criminal firefighters. Make sure they get no pension as well. If I do not pay my taxes they take my house but no one is watching the thiefs in Henrietta.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#36 Jul 18, 2013
What elese is being taken by the criminal Firefighters from the Henrietta Fire Department? Gas, equipment, tools in adition to time.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#37 Jul 18, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems corruption isn't just in the "nicer" suburbs.
it's a rural issue as well.
corruption is every where , I could bring up Judas
but this isn't what the thread's about ....

firemen deserve more than we can pay them

9 1 1 ..do you believe they firemen were thinking about over time ??????????
Yasif

Pittsford, NY

#38 Jul 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they're doing their job, just like we all do. They choose to be firemen, we selected other (albeit safer) occupations. Doesn't entitle them to the same (or better) salary that most college graduates earn. Detailing fire trucks, fake overtime and participating in 'feats of endurance' contests doesn't warrant huge dollars.

Fireman deserve more than we can pay them?

Aside from not making any sense, and being a frivolous argument - where does all this money come from? My earnings -- and I don't wish to finance their retirement out of mine.

They work for us, and clearly we (the taxpayers) are very poor managers - when it comes to determining reasonable compensation. They're fireman, not doctors.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#39 Jul 18, 2013
Yasif wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, they're doing their job, just like we all do. They choose to be firemen, we selected other (albeit safer) occupations. Doesn't entitle them to the same (or better) salary that most college graduates earn. Detailing fire trucks, fake overtime and participating in 'feats of endurance' contests doesn't warrant huge dollars.
Fireman deserve more than we can pay them?
Aside from not making any sense, and being a frivolous argument - where does all this money come from? My earnings -- and I don't wish to finance their retirement out of mine.
They work for us, and clearly we (the taxpayers) are very poor managers - when it comes to determining reasonable compensation. They're fireman, not doctors.
please do yourself a small favor .. print this and place by phone and when you call the firedept.. read it as your are watching your home /car or family go up in smoke
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#40 Jul 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
911 is no excuse to be a thief and a criminal? We should all be paid more for our hard work but that is no excuse to be a thief at work. Especially public servants. This is not correct.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#41 Jul 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
please do yourself a small favor .. print this and place by phone and when you call the firedept.. read it as your are watching your home /car or family go up in smoke
A thief is a thief. I have to pay the mob $100,000 a year to protect my house? That is what this is. Gansters in firefighters gear. Time for the town to fire these criminals. They are not here to serve but to take from the public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Much Do Yo Think Adam McFadden Weighs? 20 min OinkOink 14
Do you like Rhonda? (Sep '10) 25 min Rhonda 137
Los Angeles PD Buying Every Officer A Camera 29 min Ha Ha 5
RPD gives a 10 Notice of a Meeting 1 hr PhukTheRPD 2
Your Mind on Drugs 1 hr bros and hos 5
Police situation on Rauber Street 2 hr ape hat 3
Urban Suburban program has 50 year track record Dec 12 Pride 2
Spencerport Dating
Find my Match

Spencerport People Search