Lilac Fest: What Really Happened a (...

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#24 May 19, 2013
Check this out..........

I might have attended ONE TIME, years ago.

So it really makes no difference to me.

BUT, If it's causing so much chaos.......

Get RID of the festival, you delete the problem!

SIMPLE!!!!
Grady Stiles

United States

#25 May 19, 2013
So much for being the lilac city. We're now the shell casing and rambo knife capital of upstate ny.
Grady Stiles

United States

#26 May 19, 2013
JF: Around 6pm. I looked out the front window and a group of thugs where standing in front of my house, and other smaller groups up and down the street. Shortly after that they joined a large group across the street and I said to my mom "Here we go again." Sure enough a few minutes later they ran across into the Park.Mayhem broke after that, cops everywhere. Last week some of cops had their guns at the ready.6 cop cars went up my street and back down, then the Sherrif car showed up. Scary.
Grady Stiles

United States

#27 May 19, 2013
SGL: Would love to know this as well. We had a terrifying experience and no one seems to want to know about it. All the local news article quote this Larry Staub guy who says at no point were festival goers in danger. The D & C deleted my comments as well as those of others who experienced the same thing. The official Rochester Lilac Festival facebook page similarly made a post last night saying how oh, everything was fine come out tomorrow. Nothing happened inside the festival and no one was in danger. So I posted the same story of our terrifying experience and that post has been deleted there as well.
Biracial one

United States

#28 May 19, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
Check this out..........
SIMPLE!!!!
For once, I disagree wirh you, CC. You can't get rid of a festival, that's the easy way out. Its too traditional, and a bunch of knuckleheads shouldn't spoil that. For the most part, I'm sure the fest was a success. No one is talking about the good, its just all the bad here on topix.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#29 May 19, 2013
Yet one more thing ruined for innocent families. It's just like fathers and son basketball fans who want to go see good HS basketball at Blue Cross Arena when they host tournaments and sectionals - who would want to expose a child to that?
LaLa

Penfield, NY

#31 May 19, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
Check this out..........
SIMPLE!!!!

You don't delete the problem by getting rid of the festival. It's whoever was causing the problem that needs to be "deleted". They will just move on to another festival or out to the beach or to the malls or to downtown.

That kind of opinion is how it happens in the ghetto and that's why those areas are bad. People say they are scared to fight back and they let the criminals ruin their neighborhoods.

But that shyt is not going to happen downtown or at festivals. We will not hang our heads, we will fight back. The police need to maintain more of a presence and be more aggressive. And I know people complain. But who's complaining? The losers that are causing the problems. I have no problem with police being more aggressive. Doesn't bother me a bit.

So Chief Sheppard, get your force out there this summer. And if people complain you are discriminating against poor little thugs, stand proud and say YES WE ARE! Breathe down their necks, stop them on the streets, pull their cars over, follow them around downtown. When the shyt stops, so will the aggressive police.

McFadden complained about macing the kids downtown. So what have you done McFadden to stop these kids? Step up to the plate or shut up and let the police do their job. And support the police instead of the kids. Let the kids know what side you are on YOU WILL NOT tolerate their behavior either.
karen

Buffalo, NY

#32 May 19, 2013
agreed!! that is what hppened. no police presence and way to many people hanging around looking for trouble! This is no longer a family event. I felt like i was in the inner city in the middle of a gang feud! it was awful!!!
karen

Buffalo, NY

#33 May 19, 2013
Bangbangall sumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair and balanced D&C style.
we experenced the exact samethng!!!
FTW

Livonia, NY

#34 May 19, 2013
The police don't want it to stop.The more of this crap that goes on the more money their union can get for them.The police getting in the way of people who try to clean up the neighborhoods is a big source of it to.I have experienced it first hand.Confront these punks and the police treat you like they should treat them. They got cripples to take out.
FTW

Livonia, NY

#35 May 19, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
For once, I disagree wirh you, CC. You can't get rid of a festival, that's the easy way out. Its too traditional, and a bunch of knuckleheads shouldn't spoil that. For the most part, I'm sure the fest was a success. No one is talking about the good, its just all the bad here on topix.
You want the good here it is. I had a great time Wed. and Thurs. that's why this pisses me off to no end.The Lilac Fest is the only event I look forward to in Rochester.Some free outdoor music in an awesome park with lots of people having a great time with plenty of room to move around.I now countless people who feel as I do too. Now it is going to suffer.
FTW

Livonia, NY

#36 May 19, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
Check this out..........
SIMPLE!!!!
It's not the festival. You can get rid of it and the problem will just manifest somewhere else.
FTW

Livonia, NY

#38 May 19, 2013
Nutandyahoo wrote:
HAMILTON STREET IS NO-WHERE NEAR THE LILAC FESTIVAL.
It's a walk down the street.I spent a lot of my younger years in the Wedge know it like the back of my hand.Go play with your rocks.
RSturges

Dansville, NY

#40 May 19, 2013
Beer and loud music for 10 days straight and people wonder why there have been fights at the festival for the last three years. How about no beer after 5pm and reduce the music to a manageable level? This won't happen because the point of the festival is to have as many people as possible attend. It's all about money. The fights will continue.

CapriceClassic

#41 May 19, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
Sea breeze has been shut down on a memorable DAY.
The Puerto Rican festival has been moved to the Public Safety building due to fears and utter chaos.
They've shut does the Corn Hill Festival...is that right???

Well, if you don't want to shut it down completely. Get all the braggadious outdoor horticulturist/gardeners to get busy transplanting some of those Lilacs and plant them across from the Public Safety building OR out is the SAFE suburbs.

Those are my suggestions..........

CapriceClassic

#42 May 19, 2013
And wasn't there talk about the Park Avenue festival being shut down due to all the chaos, drinking and stuff there too????

CapriceClassic

#43 May 19, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, a FEW knuckleheads usually spoil it for all.
Biracial one

United States

#45 May 19, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sea breeze has been shut down on a memorable DAY.
The Puerto Rican festival has been moved to the Public Safety building due to fears and utter chaos.
They've shut does the Corn Hill Festival...is that right???
Well, if you don't want to shut it down completely. Get all the braggadious outdoor horticulturist/gardeners to get busy transplanting some of those Lilacs and plant them across from the Public Safety building OR out is the SAFE suburbs.
Those are my suggestions..........
From what I know, they are doing away withe East End fest. The neighbors complained of loud drunks. I feel that's a fest that shouldnt be touched. Fights weren't the problem, but people in the area are tired of it. Idk. You need fests to help define the city.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#48 May 19, 2013
I won't touch the P.R. festival - I have no doubt there will be threads dedicated to that pretty soon here
FTW

Livonia, NY

#50 May 19, 2013
Nutandyahoo wrote:
Its so funny how you stupid people are somehow linking the Lilac Fest to a fight over 10 blocks away.
So did the festival cause it??
You know Rochester Residents can take a plane to Boston, yet you can't link the Boston Bombings to Rochester. That would be just plain stupid.
You dolt the blocks are small over there and the cut throughs shorten the distance.It is a 20min walk 5 min drive.It's the same goddamn neighborhood.I hung out in the wedge all the time when i was younger and we would walk between those two places often times farther 5 times a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make America Strong and Safe Again! 1 hr Neo Black Ha Ha 67
Why Are Liberal Democrats Getting So Nervous Ab... 2 hr Neo Black Ha Ha 55
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 15 hr Slammed 632
Greece cops arrest lady for taking video of an ... Mon HA HA 11
Agitators Sun Ha Ha 62
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) Sun just joe 97
Major Assult Weapons Bust in Henrietta Sun Bruce TransJenner 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages