Police: Man Killed While Filling Up Gas Tank

Full story: 13WHAM 12
Rochester, N.Y. - A man filling up the gas tank of an SUV has died late Monday night. Full Story
Biracial one

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2013
I saw this on the news this morning. This such a tragedy. This could and should have been avoided. How do you get hit while pumping gas? I hope the car that hit the guy gets caught and put away.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 5, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
I saw this on the news this morning. This such a tragedy. This could and should have been avoided. How do you get hit while pumping gas? I hope the car that hit the guy gets caught and put away.
Do you ever read anything before you post or do you have trouble with understanding what you read? Just to be nice I'll help you,he was putting gas in his car on the side of the road,got it now?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
"I hope the car that hit the guy gets caught and put away."

He was standing in the road putting gas in the SUV.

If they do catch the car that hit him, how long do you think they should put the car away for?
YXMDFGLN

Rochester, NY

#5 Mar 5, 2013
I hate incomplete or ambiguous articles like this.

This article never mentions anything about a hit and run but the very last line reads:
"Rochester police ask anyone with information to call the Police Department or call 911."
so now I am left to assume that that the driver left the scene even though it is not explicitly mentioned.

Seriously, what's the point of writing a news article if they can't actually get the 'reporting' part of it right? Doesn't anyone want to do their job anymore?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 5, 2013
Biracial One wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all smart ass, I read the damn article! Secondly, I know he was putting gas on the side of the road when he got hit! I was just stating and asking shouldn't the car that hit him should have seen him?! Damn, I am trying to contribute to a topic with everyone else without getting attacked! You people on here on so f--king mean! Secondly many posters on here stated that the damn article on here wasn't all that clear!
BOO HOO HOOOO, Stanky Pants. You can't rewrite history, nor can you rewrite your posts that you already posted. You clearly said, and I quote, " How do you get hit while pumping gas?..." Now try to spin THAT into something else. Don't you see why people here give you a hard time? You and your bold-faced lies that can soooo easily be disputed.
As for what happened...you have to be one cold-hearted s.o.b. to whack someone on the side of the road and keep on driving. Knowing full well that the person is at the very least injured and in need of medical treatment. IF they catch the perp, and IF they can prove that the person hit was alive at one point after being hit, then I say MANSLAUGHTER! Not just "leaving the scene"...we need our punishments to actually fit the crimes.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 5, 2013
Here is the victim's facebook page...https://www.facebook.co m/#!/HITMAN75?fref=ts R.I.P. Harry Andrews. May your family get justice on the scumbag who took your life and fled like a COWARD!!!!
Biracial one

United States

#10 Mar 5, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>BOO HOO HOOOO, Stanky Pants. You can't rewrite history, nor can you rewrite your posts that you already posted. You clearly said, and I quote, " How do you get hit while pumping gas?..." Now try to spin THAT into something else. Don't you see why people here give you a hard time? You and your bold-faced lies that can soooo easily be disputed.
As for what happened...you have to be one cold-hearted s.o.b. to whack someone on the side of the road and keep on driving. Knowing full well that the person is at the very least injured and in need of medical treatment. IF they catch the perp, and IF they can prove that the person hit was alive at one point after being hit, then I say MANSLAUGHTER! Not just "leaving the scene"...we need our punishments to actually fit the crimes.
That's what I was implying, the person just wacked the guy, instead I got attacked. I wasn't literally asking how, I asked it figuarly. If you all can't distinguish the difference instead of attacking, then that's low on all you.
GO GO Figure

Batavia, NY

#11 Mar 5, 2013
It's time for Cuomo to stand up and take action. Driving needs to be banned Cars kill more people than guns. We have to ban cars, the technology of them now is far ahead of the laws made for them.

Sound Familiar?

Location hidden

#12 Mar 5, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was implying, the person just wacked the guy, instead I got attacked. I wasn't literally asking how, I asked it figuarly. If you all can't distinguish the difference instead of attacking, then that's low on all you.
Oh brother. Why can't you just fess up and admit you were misinformed about the circumstances. It's okay to be wrong, Stanky...the article wasn't clear...but you CLEARLY said, "...pumping gas..." I heard this live on the scanner and also assumed he was at a gas station. No biggie. Just learn to move on. The guy is dead. Unnecessarily so. He wasn't partaking in criminal activity or the such...just putting gas in his s.u.v. Very sad story. I hope to God they catch this scumbag who did this. Horrible.
Krispy Creme

Rochester, NY

#13 Mar 5, 2013
GO GO Figure wrote:
It's time for Cuomo to stand up and take action. Driving needs to be banned Cars kill more people than guns. We have to ban cars, the technology of them now is far ahead of the laws made for them.
Sound Familiar?
nope. i think they should ban Cars just like they've done marijuana. we all know how many people this harmful drug has killed, don't we? welcome to the us of A!
Krispy Creme

Rochester, NY

#14 Mar 5, 2013
Condolences to the mans family. I hope this animal turns himself in-SOON! And he gets the justice he deserves.

People must be proactive when walking the streets. We must really walk on the SIDEwalk, not in the street. And be mindful when we get in and out of cars while they're parked on the streets. I see people flinging car doors wide open, jumping in and out when traffic is flowing heavy.

Walk on or as close to the SIDE walk as possible- ALEAYS!
GFP

Rochester, NY

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Harry Andrews was a student in my English class @ Wilson Magnet HS, and I knew him well. Harry was a fine young man who always thought of others. He was friendly, honest, and polite; he possessed mature qualities which made him stand out in a crowd. I am saddened by this tragic news. My thoughts and prayers are with your children and the loved ones you leave behind. Peace be with you.
Mr. P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garner's Daughter Tweeted Officer's Address 6 min F U FUBO 67
Messages to Bob Lonsberry (phase 2) (Mar '12) 8 hr Jokette 284
nypd 8 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 35
North Korea Calls Obama A 'Monkey' 8 hr Jokette 40
Ujima 9 hr Jokette 3
Kujichagulia- Self Determination 11 hr Jokette 14
Brother wease el and hate 12 hr Jokette 37
Spencerport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web