Brutal Hate Crime at Bar Near Rochester, New York

Mar 18, 2008 Full story: Towleroad 23

"According to Ogden police, Lance Neve, 26, was with his partner, Osbert Maldonado, 28, of Rochester, and another friend at Snuggery's Bar in Spencerport the night of March 7. They allegedly were subjected to ... via Towleroad

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Rochester, NY

#21 Mar 23, 2008
Humm... Truthfully, How do you know it's a "Straight Bar" Does it say it on the sign? Any bar I go into, I don't look for the "straightbar" "gay bar" sign, and I would think ANYBODY should be welcomed, and be thier self, and expect no retailiation.
Rick T wrote:
I didn't say anything about avoiding anyone but if you're going to a bar that is known to be a straight bar just to show that you're gay,which by me would be cool, then you need to understand that there is first of all a reason that it's a straight bar and you may not have the welcome you deserve. It's the same the other way around. How many straight guys tend to frequent gay bars? Why is that? I go with my brothers and they make it straightly known that I'm their brother and that I'm straight but then they told me that if I were to go to a gay bar alone, I'd be welcomed but also looked at like a person of curiosity and would undoubtedly be hit on. The straight guys that I know would not liked to be subjected to that and therefore you see the "straight" places. By the way, when I go with my brothers, I usually do tend to have a good time.<quoted text>

“My POV”

Since: Mar 08

Rochester, N.Y.

#22 Mar 25, 2008
I didn't say it was a straight or gay bar. I was stating "what if" that's all.
maba7773 wrote:
Humm... Truthfully, How do you know it's a "Straight Bar" Does it say it on the sign? Any bar I go into, I don't look for the "straightbar" "gay bar" sign, and I would think ANYBODY should be welcomed, and be thier self, and expect no retailiation.
<quoted text>
Vic

Rochester, NY

#23 Mar 25, 2008
Raiders wrote:
Rick, its hard to agree with you on more than just one topic, my ex-girlfriend had mostly gay men as friends, I got to know them very well as people, you seem to label people; muslim/not muslim, gay/straight. Man, I'm telling you the 6 or 7 gay guys I got to know, were really cool dudes, yes it was obvious that they were gay, the clothes and the way they talked were clues enough, but they were funny and very intelligent humans, but I don't think that they should be beaten up because they walked into the Distillery, a Sports bar, or any "straight" bar....this assualt was performed by someone who has a previous criminal record, not a good moral compass when it comes to right and wrong, he was wrong....and going back to jail
This is Monroe County....no one goes to jail here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First to Ever Receive Food Stamps was a WHITE w... 2 hr Otay Panky 37
White Racist Lesbians Forced to raise Black Chi... 3 hr yet to be determined 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Joe Voter 6,473
White Man Face 9 Years Gets 6 Months 4 hr yet to be determined 3
All Whites Look Alike 4 hr Ha Ha 4
Rochester man arraigned in Brockport stabbing 4 hr Ha Ha 15
Do sturdays hit and run count as a homicide or ... 5 hr IslamSucks 3
Spencerport Dating
Find my Match

Spencerport Jobs

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spencerport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spencerport

Personal Finance