Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I have a 17 yr old autistic son. I never allow this condition to be used to condone bad behavior. He is reclusive and as long as he is content, i leave him alone. He is not violent, however i would never have dangerous weapons openly around. I am always truthful and straight up with him. When he is wrong, i tell him also i Show him love and understanding.

The autism/Asbergers syndrome was no excuse for this murderer. His mother is partially responsible knowing he needed additional help. I wonder if he was on any anti-depressants. I tried my son on them to help with focusing and the boy was terribly wired. He looked like a mad-man. After about 2 months of that, i took him off. I would rather have him unfocused and calm than wired and looking crazy.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Gun Control wrote:
I have a 17 yr old autistic son. I never allow this condition to be used to condone bad behavior. He is reclusive and as long as he is content, i leave him alone. He is not violent, however i would never have dangerous weapons openly around. I am always truthful and straight up with him. When he is wrong, i tell him also i Show him love and understanding.
The autism/Asbergers syndrome was no excuse for this murderer. His mother is partially responsible knowing he needed additional help. I wonder if he was on any anti-depressants. I tried my son on them to help with focusing and the boy was terribly wired. He looked like a mad-man. After about 2 months of that, i took him off. I would rather have him unfocused and calm than wired and looking crazy.
Dear Gun Control: Sorry to hear that your son has autism. But I am thankful that he is only seventeen years of age. I say that because he is not considered an adult yet. However; once he turns 18, he will be considered an adult and once he becomes 18 and you, as his mother in trying to get him help, you will be denied, by the Mental Health Laws from helping your son. It's a well known fact that most people with a severe brain disease are not violent, no more then our general population. Yet, there are those whom this disease dosen't strike until they are college age and at that time they are adults, so the families are barred and cut out of the loop from helping their loved ones get the help they so desperately need. Monroe County Mental Health and others are of no help and no use. These individuals are on their own, because of stupid laws and policies, that prevent families from helping their loved ones who are too sick to help themselves.
roby

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I have a 24 year old grandson who has asperger. my grandson graduated from high school with honors. graduated from college. holds a good job. lives in his own apartment and is very friendly when he is engaged in conversation with other people. granted he is somwwhat quiet but not to the point where he does not communicate with others. he has friends he dates, girls who do not have asperger he is happy and content, I must say he is well adjusted . I resent the person who posted and said asperger is a phycopath disorder. my grandson is not a murderer and will not hurt anyone now or in the future.also the person who posted and said she would rather have her son unfocused and calm than wired and looking crazy is not a mother nor is she a legitimate person posting about asperger disorder. devoted parents do not leave their children alone and reclusive the parents constantly find ways to engage there son or daughter with asperger in ativities which would enable their children to interact with other children. I would like to read a post about a legitimate parent who child has asperger and tell and say and post all that they do to interact their child into society.I know my family have openly helped our grandson as relatives have also
hint

Conesus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I'm sorry roby, I didn't mean to upset you. My nephew was diagnosed with Asperger's long ago. I know a lot more than you give me credit for. My nephew is now 19 and out of reach. I do worry about him. I would like to read a success story too.
roby

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

hint wrote:
I'm sorry roby, I didn't mean to upset you. My nephew was diagnosed with Asperger's long ago. I know a lot more than you give me credit for. My nephew is now 19 and out of reach. I do worry about him. I would like to read a success story too. I would like to know what you know about the disorder, and why is your nephew out of reach? there are weekly support groups in rochester . there are great doctors who treat this disorder, not to mention the schools in rochester forgive me about that statement, I do not credit city schools as advantage to students with asperger. my grandson went to brighton ny schools where there is a number of programs for children. I hope your nephew was as fortunate. I am truly sorry if your nephew is alone. I hope his parents sought the right upbringing for him and his problem . although they say we parents can do just so much for our children then they are on their own . we can only hope that god and family take a course in love and understanding to do the right thing and hope the children we have lead good productive lives. but I do strongly feel that not all asperger kids are so withdrawn and silent . I know my grandson is a good person and very productive it also helped he has three sisters and one brother who have helped him socially through out his upbringing. you did not upset me , but I did feel a bit of sadness when it was postedI was clueless on my post.
there are many many successfulpeople with asperger who are not violent . the library is filled with books about asperger and the success nof people. granted I do believe there are different degrees of asperger fortunately for our family my grandson has an almost non noticable disorder. probably that is why he fits in society so well as a family we do not worry about him nor are we concerned with worrying about his future.
Gun Control

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

roby wrote:
I have a 24 year old grandson who has asperger. my grandson graduated from high school with honors. graduated from college. holds a good job. lives in his own apartment and is very friendly when he is engaged in conversation with other people. granted he is somwwhat quiet but not to the point where he does not communicate with others. he has friends he dates, girls who do not have asperger he is happy and content, I must say he is well adjusted . I resent the person who posted and said asperger is a phycopath disorder. my grandson is not a murderer and will not hurt anyone now or in the future.also the person who posted and said she would rather have her son unfocused and calm than wired and looking crazy is not a mother nor is she a legitimate person posting about asperger disorder. devoted parents do not leave their children alone and reclusive the parents constantly find ways to engage there son or daughter with asperger in ativities which would enable their children to interact with other children. I would like to read a post about a legitimate parent who child has asperger and tell and say and post all that they do to interact their child into society.I know my family have openly helped our grandson as relatives have also
Oh trust that I am legitimate. I have no resentments just my opinion and facts based on my life with my son. How dare you insult me due to your misunderstanding my stance. I don't push him to do things he is reluctant to do. I allow him to make decisions about what he wants to do and is comfortable with. He is a loner, that is his nature. He is extremely high functioning. Speaks and reads very well. He works out, plays checkers, chess, video games, interacts on the internet like most teenagers. No, I will not put him back on anti-depressants to help him stay focused. Not at the expense of his personality changing in such a negative fashion. We all have to do the things that are necessary for our specific lives. Your life is not my life and so on. Listen, you might learn something.

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

What the f- happened to the first post??

Only in Monroe County can people NOT have a open and honest opinionated discussion without a cry baby getting they wittle feelings hurt.

I love the NY Daily News comment section. Those people are for real and tell it like it is WITHOUT spineless cry babies.
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Don't black kids have Autism??
Seems we never here of black kids with autism doing this kind of poop.
You can't blame autism on a white suburban culture problem.
hint

Conesus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

I did notice my original post disappeared. Granted, what I said was likely to incite a very heated discussion, but I was being honest. I'm not always right, and I value others' opinions/experiences so I can understand better, and possibly even change my own opinion, or at least learn something new. I do not understand why it was deleted. Racism is okay here, but talking about autism apparently is not.
Bigsingle

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR ILLS WITH MENTAL ILLNESS RATHER THAN ADDRESS THEM? IN DENIAL AS USUAL. WHITE AMERICA LEADS THE KILLING SPREE GLOBALLY. LOOK WHAT GEORGE W. BUSH DID IN TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. HE LIED ABOUT WMD AND NOW 10,000 AMERICANS ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF HIS LIES. SMH AT WHITE AMERICAN KILLERS NO MATTER IF THEY ARE THE PRESIDENT OR A BUM ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA. THE COMBINATION THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR AMERICA IS WHITE SKIN AND GUNS! SMH. ONE KILLING NETS 10S OF HUNDREDS AT A TIME. THE LAST 6 SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA ALL WHITE PEOPLE. GET YOU SOME ANTITRIPTOLENE. ALL OF YOU ARE NUTS! CAN'T READ AND RIGHT BUT WANT TO PLAY WITH GUNS. MAKE YOUR MEN SLEEP ON THE COUCH, BUT PLAY WITH GUNS. THAT'S BS. DON'T PUT THAT BEHAVIOR ON AUTISM. RETARDATION IS RETARDATION, BUT THIS WAS A WILLFUL ACT BY A PSYCHOTIC WHITE KILLER. SO WAS THE MALL SHOOTINGS, SO WAS THE THEATRE SHOOTINGS, SO WAS THE 4 SHOOTINGS IN PA AND DEFINITELY THIS ONE. HE WAS LET OUT OF PRISON AFTER KILLING HIS GRANDMA BECAUSE HE WAS WHITE. WAKE UP WHITE AMERICA. THIS STAT IS YOURS: MASS KILLERS ARE WHITE AND WHITE MEN KILL THEIR SPOUSES AND WHITE MOTHERS KILL THEIR CHILDREN. THAT'S WHITE AMERICA'S SHIT!

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Bigsingle wrote:
WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR ILLS WITH MENTAL ILLNESS RATHER THAN ADDRESS THEM? IN DENIAL AS USUAL. WHITE AMERICA LEADS THE KILLING SPREE GLOBALLY. LOOK WHAT GEORGE W. BUSH DID IN TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. HE LIED ABOUT WMD AND NOW 10,000 AMERICANS ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF HIS LIES. SMH AT WHITE AMERICAN KILLERS NO MATTER IF THEY ARE THE PRESIDENT OR A BUM ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA. THE COMBINATION THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR AMERICA IS WHITE SKIN AND GUNS! SMH. ONE KILLING NETS 10S OF HUNDREDS AT A TIME. THE LAST 6 SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA ALL WHITE PEOPLE. GET YOU SOME ANTITRIPTOLENE. ALL OF YOU ARE NUTS! CAN'T READ AND RIGHT BUT WANT TO PLAY WITH GUNS. MAKE YOUR MEN SLEEP ON THE COUCH, BUT PLAY WITH GUNS. THAT'S BS. DON'T PUT THAT BEHAVIOR ON AUTISM. RETARDATION IS RETARDATION, BUT THIS WAS A WILLFUL ACT BY A PSYCHOTIC WHITE KILLER. SO WAS THE MALL SHOOTINGS, SO WAS THE THEATRE SHOOTINGS, SO WAS THE 4 SHOOTINGS IN PA AND DEFINITELY THIS ONE. HE WAS LET OUT OF PRISON AFTER KILLING HIS GRANDMA BECAUSE HE WAS WHITE. WAKE UP WHITE AMERICA. THIS STAT IS YOURS: MASS KILLERS ARE WHITE AND WHITE MEN KILL THEIR SPOUSES AND WHITE MOTHERS KILL THEIR CHILDREN. THAT'S WHITE AMERICA'S SHIT!
YES!!!!! Tell it like it IS!!!
autismawareness

Newark, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Gun Control wrote:
Autism was no excuse for this murderer. His mother is partially responsible knowing he needed additional help. I wonder if he was on any anti-depressants. I tried my son on them to help with focusing and the boy was terribly wired. He looked like a mad-man. After about 2 months of that, i took him off. I would rather have him unfocused and calm than wired and looking crazy.
Autism was no excuse? this child had autism. In all out studies of Autism never have we came across a case where they were murderous. this is sad.
autismawareness

Newark, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

roby wrote:
We also diagnose people with Aspergers and this condition is actually hard to diagnose and only mild and severe cases are the ones that do not go undiagnosed. Now, Aspergers is just a disorder where the person with it has certain interests and is very obserbant. Kind of OCD like and some with it have OCD as well but those who don't may not correct themselves or notice things or listen to things where people with OCD and Aspergers need time and help to get things to be okay for them. it's all about finding a compromise and it's better to have aspergers than autism. Aspergers is not a psychiopathic thing as you've stated. now, as for autism, there are so many levels it's hard to explain. 1 out of 50 people diagnosed with autism. 1 out of 90 have aspergers.

when we deal with our patients we give them strategies and take steps and make progress.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

I'm surprised no one has connected the dots between liberal methods of child-rearing, and mentally disturbed children growing up to be mass murderers.

Seriously, societal aberrations like Sandy Hook and the spread of the modern-day Bubonic Plague we call liberalism, can't be just coincidence.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

autismawareness wrote:
<quoted text>
1 out of 50 people diagnosed with autism. 1 out of 90 have aspergers.
when we deal with our patients we give them strategies and take steps and make progress.
nice statistics information about people on the spectrum. my mom's friend has autism too. and he says that he is making progress. no one related to me has aspergers though. must be getting to soon be 1 out of 200 instead of 90. lol.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
nice statistics information about people on the spectrum. my mom's friend has autism too. and he says that he is making progress. no one related to me has aspergers though. must be getting to soon be 1 out of 200 instead of 90. lol.
It's too bad you won't give out your address.

I was willing to send you some of that plastic bubble wrapping material, so you can spend all day popping the bubbles and staying away from here.
Maggie

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're the one with autism. Don't be ashamed of it. I have it too. I have been struggling like you for many years. Check out my private autism blog. Leave your email in a reply and I'll send you a password. Have a swell day.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
out of 100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Spencerport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Spencerport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••