Rogue cell towers steal the data on y...

Rogue cell towers steal the data on your cell phones

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#1 Sep 4, 2014
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davelewis/2014/09...

No one has claimed these towers, but I am betting it is the NSA.
Why do taxpayers allow thier taxes to be used for this?
Thurston

Pittsford, NY

#2 Sep 4, 2014
Most of these towers (base stations) are located within the fences on U.S. Army bases. One of the things they do is jam 4G LTE and 3G, so they can force the phone to use 2G (CDMA), which has very poor encryption and is easily broken. In other words, the phone falls back to a protocol that will allow a signal out, but can be quickly compromised.

Unless your using your phone as a hotspot for data, LTE 4G doesn''t make much difference. You wouldn't know the difference on a voice call (or text).

In the case of my iPhone, it tries to find Verizon LTE and if it is unavailable it "falls back" to 3G. But if 3G is unavailable (nearly impossible unless jamming is activated) it CAN go to 2G to complete my call. 2G networks are used primarily for industrial and alarm control systems, and won't be phased out until 2021, according to both Verizon and AT&T.

Then the magic starts. They (insert agency name here) send the compromised cell phone (called insertion) some govt developed malware that can download contact files, monitor voice/text conversations, turn on the camera or microphone clandestinely under their control etc.

The also have mobile (van mounted versions) for close in work... in your neighborhood. Will work withiin 2 to 4 blocks of the Ha Ha residence.

I'll try to dig out a couple of links and post them.
Thurston

Pittsford, NY

#3 Sep 4, 2014
Just to hold you over, this $3,500 cell phone will defeat them (insert agency name here) due to a purpose designed firewall (but it is only sold to government agencies). I have seen it, and it does what it claims.

http://gizmodo.com/this-firewall-keeps-phony-...
Spooky

Pittsford, NY

#5 Sep 6, 2014
There seems to be a nationwide intelligence push to subvert cell phones at will. The intercept towers are being identified nationwide, mostly at federal or military locations. AT&T and Verizon are both distancing themselves from the controversy, while denying ownership, according to articles.

Chances are there is one in Rochester. Or at least the mobile version. The only way to beat being monitored is use a random payphone, and who knows if they are safe.

George Orwell would be saying "Holy crap, they're doing it". Guess if you have criminal issues or are active in politics, you should leave your cell home, maybe wrapped in aluminum foil.

Another invasion of our privacy by the government.
not hard to figgur

Rochester, NY

#6 Sep 6, 2014
Just tear down on of the towers and see how comes to repair it and follow them back where they came from
Unlisted

Pittsford, NY

#7 Sep 6, 2014
not hard to figgur wrote:
Just tear down on of the towers and see how comes to repair it and follow them back where they came from
Sure, that would work. One flaw. The government loves cameras. They put them everywhere. Tons of cameras (over 15,000 cameras in DC). So, when you vandalize a tower, wear a ski mask.

Let us know how it goes, slipping onto a military base with a welding torch. You have our support. Which one are you starting with? We should have a code for this, they may be monitoring us... I have to slip on my tinfoil hat. Stay in touch.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#8 Sep 6, 2014
Unlisted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, that would work. One flaw. The government loves cameras. They put them everywhere. Tons of cameras (over 15,000 cameras in DC). So, when you vandalize a tower, wear a ski mask.
Let us know how it goes, slipping onto a military base with a welding torch. You have our support. Which one are you starting with? We should have a code for this, they may be monitoring us... I have to slip on my tinfoil hat. Stay in touch.
Those cameras hate laser pointers.
you can easily permanently damage the CCD in the camera with a laser pointer.
With all the cameras on the roads today, we should all do our part to blind big brother!
Unlisted

Pittsford, NY

#9 Sep 6, 2014
Not a bad idea. If you've walked through NYC or London in the past couple of years, you see cameras (or clusters of cameras) everywhere. With 30X zoom (in some cases 200X digital zoom), coupled with recognition software, you're under surveillance no matter where you are. Privacy is eroding daily.

Your cell helps track you from cell site to cell site, cameras watch you, agencies read your email and listen to your conversations, log text messages and drones/satellites are used to evaluate your actions. Our rights have been trashed wholesale under the guise of national security. But the sheeple accept it as necessary... it's only going to escalate because the majority are not pushing back. Most don't seem to care.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#11 Sep 24, 2014
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Cellphone-Towers-D-...
It's been a while, but no one is claiming ownership of these towers.

I'm all for tearing them down and waiting to see who shows up to fix them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
romulus ny iescapedny literally never stops pos... 12 min IescapedNY 4
first sealed indictment turns out to be a democrat 38 min IescapedNY 3
Chloe Giggles is Amber Clancy 42 min Kimrookey 13
the kimrookey era on topix is over 44 min Kimrookey 9
Another Republican Bites the Dust - Paul Ryan 1 hr IescapedNY 13
Who would sexually harass Sarah Sanders? 1 hr Ha Ha the coward 8
how was work ha ha?? 1 hr Ha Ha the coward 1

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance