Detroit Files for Bankruptcy
John

Rochester, NY

#22 Jul 19, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new s/national/detroit-named-miser able-city-gallery-1.1270677
Looks like a house on Ave D in the city of Rochester
Ha Ha

Iraq

#23 Jul 19, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
I was pretty sure this was gonna happen.
They didn't let Harrisburg get away with it either.
There are no easy ways out the the situation that the politicians took YEARS to put us into.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#24 Jul 19, 2013
Some of you race baiters might find this interesting ... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-leader...
My Dad Loves My Mom

Newark, NY

#25 Jul 21, 2013
Why did they file for Bankruptcy? Aren't they a jackpot of car manufacturing?
Ha Ha

Iraq

#26 Jul 21, 2013
My Dad Loves My Mom wrote:
not anymore ... most american cars cannot compete with foriegn cars.
Most of the foriegn cars are all built over here (under a union) anyway.
But chances are that the union guy that keys your car cause you didn't buy american isn't smart enough to know that.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#27 Jul 21, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
not anymore ... most american cars cannot compete with foriegn cars.
Most of the foriegn cars are all built over here (under a union) anyway.
But chances are that the union guy that keys your car cause you didn't buy american isn't smart enough to know that.
You're right, they can't compete. The cars themselves may be American, Japanese, Korean, etc but the percentage of parts from various countries in each vehicle is practically the same these days. That's why I get mad at the types that still think it's un-American to buy a foreign car.
American vehicles have come a long way, but they are far from the Japanese cars in my opinion.
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#28 Jul 22, 2013
I see topix has another resident half wit!

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#29 Jul 22, 2013
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
<quoted text>
I see topix has another resident half wit!
that lad IS special.
must be a vocational kid.
or on Grampa's laptop.

drop the puck, Ref...

#30 Jul 22, 2013
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, they can't compete. The cars themselves may be American, Japanese, Korean, etc but the percentage of parts from various countries in each vehicle is practically the same these days. That's why I get mad at the types that still think it's un-American to buy a foreign car.
American vehicles have come a long way, but they are far from the Japanese cars in my opinion.
the owners of those companies aren't from here.
the profit dollars still go back to the country of origin.
and if I'm not mistaken, all Honda motors are still built overseas.
so, the fine technical work, the highly skilled machine work is still done over there.
the main profit goes back there.
they employ folk here to assemble parts & pieces only.
I'll bet a lot of those pieces come from Mexico and China...
standyourground

Newark, NJ

#31 Jul 22, 2013
FlatScreen wrote:
<quoted text>

If our forefathers could have predicted the economic burden bringing them to this country would ultimately inflict, would they have moved forward on the plan?
it was predicated but, it took another 100 years for the laws to be put in place to give blacks equal, the appearance of an, footing with other all other Americans.

Blacks are the only segment of Americans that came to this country without their language, culture, religion and were not afforded the opportunity to live out the "American Dream".....

drop the puck, Ref...

#32 Jul 22, 2013
standyourground wrote:
<quoted text> it was predicated but, it took another 100 years for the laws to be put in place to give blacks equal, the appearance of an, footing with other all other Americans.
Blacks are the only segment of Americans that came to this country without their language, culture, religion and were not afforded the opportunity to live out the "American Dream".....
REALLY?
Kwannza, about 1,500+ different "minority" HELP organizations with more creature comforts than a warm pair of Dr. Scholl's footies.
They've had GENERATIONS to develop, nurture and exploit their "culture"
Wake up, shut up and TRY AGAIN with THAT excuse.
That's a PATHETIC excuse for NOT growing and exploring and becoming a success.
Phelps Guy

Newark, NY

#33 Jul 22, 2013
I think Detriot was made to be bankrupt, after all the kept wasting their money on sponsering car manufacturing - if people want to buy a car, they can look for dealerships and retail places themselves.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#34 Jul 22, 2013
When Harrisburg tried to file for bankruptcy, they went through their own state and were shot down by their courts.

The Detroit bankruptcy was filed in Federal court which bypasses the state.

If this works, other states with the same burden (NY, CA & a whole lot more) will do it.

Then all the people who have worked for 20-30 years will be without a pention.

Of course, the politicians & unions who brokered the deals which created this situation will weather through just fine, but as usuall, the working class will be hosed!
Phelps Guy

Newark, NY

#35 Jul 22, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
When Harrisburg tried to file for bankruptcy, they went through their own state and were shot down by their courts.
The Detroit bankruptcy was filed in Federal court which bypasses the state.
If this works, other states with the same burden (NY, CA & a whole lot more) will do it.
Then all the people who have worked for 20-30 years will be without a pention.
Of course, the politicians & unions who brokered the deals which created this situation will weather through just fine, but as usuall, the working class will be hosed!
How does Pennsylvania, New York and California have anything to do with the Michigan issue?
Ha Ha

Iraq

#36 Jul 22, 2013
Phelps Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How does Pennsylvania, New York and California have anything to do with the Michigan issue?
The politicans who go to the unions to get elected, repay the favor by allowing government employee's benifits & pension to be paid by taxpayers instead of having them contribute to a 401k.
once the politicians from one state see this formula to get elected or to say in office, they use it.
Have you heard Patterson use the term "kicking the can down the road?"
he was referring to how they just keep shuffling the problem onto the next elected official. at some point, taxpayers are paying for more non working govenment employees than there are working ones.
It bankrupts the cities and states who have done this.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#37 Jul 22, 2013
Blue Eyed Ellie

Rochester, NY

#38 Jul 22, 2013
My daddy says this will happen wherever Democrats and blacks are in control.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#39 Jul 22, 2013
Blue Eyed Ellie wrote:
Lately, it think BOTH parties are working against us all.
My Dad Loves My Mom

Newark, NY

#40 Jul 22, 2013
Blue Eyed Ellie wrote:
Well Obama did cause the choas of 2011, how people could've gained jobs temporarily in 2012 I don't know!
Ha Ha

Iraq

#41 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Well Obama did cause the choas of 2011, how people could've gained jobs temporarily in 2012 I don't know!
I like turtles ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Teraysah Barker? 58 min Moulinyan 122
I'm Scared of TV News Reporters Now 4 hr Festus Haggen 1
Messages to Bob Lonsberry (phase 2) (Mar '12) 5 hr WeCantBreathe 458
Gang Related Violence Getting Worse 6 hr Bert 12
News CrimeStoppers has $10,000 reward in Boys & Girl... 6 hr HeThe Blue Clubbz 38
Bolgen Vargas Needs To Speak Proper English 7 hr CityRes 1
Rewards for Withholding Murder Info 7 hr Herbert 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spencerport Mortgages