Rochester gets $17.7M for Inner Loop project

The city of Rochester will get $17.7 million in federal funding to turn a section of the Inner Loop into a boulevard on the East End, officials announced Friday. Full Story
Grady Stiles

Bronx, NY

#1 Aug 30, 2013
Are they outta their minds? The inner loop is a moat that helps protect park ave from the hood.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#2 Aug 30, 2013
Should have lined it and made a real moat.
In ten years they'll dig it back out and use it as a road again.
Just like the jackass NYS Thruway moving piles of dirt every year.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#5 Aug 31, 2013
You people are RETARDED. This project will be the BEST thing to happen to this city in over 30 YEARS. The inner loop is a NOOSE that STRANGLES Downtown Rochester. I don't know about you guys, but I haven't used the inner loop between Monroe Ave and Main Street since probably 1996. It's pointless to have. It actually costs more to maintain the bridges and walls of this pathetic piece of infrastructure that it will to fill it in and make a vibrant, dense, urban street. The inner loop's replacement will be the next Park Ave. I promise you.
Peter

Penfield, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
The inner loop's replacement will be the next Park Ave. I promise you.
And if you're wrong, what do we get? More petty crime, murders, drug dealing, assaults and larceny? Easy for you to say. You have nothing on the line... no skin in the game.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#7 Aug 31, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you're wrong, what do we get? More petty crime, murders, drug dealing, assaults and larceny? Easy for you to say. You have nothing on the line... no skin in the game.
Neither do you. You live in Fairport. If I'm wrong, I'll buy each and every one of you the "Mr. President" from Magnolia's, although I know I won't be.

I know this isn't a serious forum, but I have a VERY difficult time understanding where you people are coming from when you claim this project will lead to an increase in crime. It makes no sense. The Inner Loop East project does not border ANY economically depressed areas or any high crime neighborhoods. It borders the East End, Park Ave and Monroe. All three of those areas are considered the most healthy and vibrant neighborhoods in the entire City of Rochester. This project will do nothing but compliment these sections of our city. Inner Loop East will free up thousands of acres of shovel-ready space for urban development. The city released a rendering not too long ago. Within the next two decades they anticipate it becoming a beautiful street lined with 3-7 story urban mixed use buildings with cafes, restaurants and retail on the lower floors, as well as residential space overlooking the new street. This project is what the city needs. Think of South Ave, East Ave and Park Ave on steroids. This will be some big city stuff! Why can't we be excited?
Peter

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 31, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do you. You live in Fairport. If I'm wrong, I'll buy each and every one of you the "Mr. President" from Magnolia's, although I know I won't be.
When do we meet for my free meal? I'm an owner of two homes consisting of six apartments total located off Park Ave. I pay property taxes in the city. I choose not to live there to protect my family.

Just so you understand, you can live someplace and own property in another city, state or country. Now scrape the cash together and name the time. Can I bring the family?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Man Guilty in an International Drug Ring 5 hr Rhondas Friend 1
No jobs in Auburn 5 hr toomanyjobs 18
Rochester Polce NOT Doing Thier Job 6 hr PhukTheRPD 4
What's wrong with Diamond Daisy? 6 hr Ha Ha 34
VIDEO: Viral RPD Arrest Video 7 hr South Wedge Tarde... 4
Officer Pierson Donation Scam 7 hr CCs Friend 5
Too Fat to Fly 7 hr GeorgeHernandez 26
•••
•••
•••