Wow, I am surprised that the members ...

Wow, I am surprised that the members of congress too the time to read this bill

Posted in the Spencerport Forum

Ha Ha

Iraq

#1 Jul 23, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/23/ob...

Looks like the members of congress are at odds with POTUS over allowing the NSA to tap into our computers and phones without cause.

I wonder what is in the bill that threatend YOU ... cause you sure don't keep the people in mind when you pass this stuff!

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#2 Jul 23, 2013
Obama is obligated to defend this program in the name of national security, just as W employed fear tactics with the so-called "Patriot Act" for the same reasons. It's unfortunately the name of the game.
Our representatives, on the other hand, are in a different position. This is one rare issue you'll see the out-of-touch Tea Party and the far left loons come together on.
Sadly, though, the NSA does so much spying on its own citizens that most don't realize that rallying behind a cause like this will just get us on some sort of government watch list.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#3 Jul 23, 2013
But this is a lifestyle that we cannot afford anymore.

We have US cities declaring bankruptcy,
The FED is devaluing the dollar at a rate of 85 billion dollars a month,
The POTUS has gone to the Chinese to borrow money with the promise that if we default on our loans, they can take our land using imminent domain.

We can't afford to spend more taxpayer’s dollars so our government can spy on their own innocent people.
We don't need to pay the TSA to take our civil rights just for the convenience to fly somewhere.
We can't afford to have DHS treat all its citizens like potential terrorist.

The more we turn into North Korea, the more our middle class shrinks to pay for it!

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#4 Jul 24, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
But this is a lifestyle that we cannot afford anymore.
We have US cities declaring bankruptcy,
The FED is devaluing the dollar at a rate of 85 billion dollars a month,
The POTUS has gone to the Chinese to borrow money with the promise that if we default on our loans, they can take our land using imminent domain.
We can't afford to spend more taxpayer’s dollars so our government can spy on their own innocent people.
We don't need to pay the TSA to take our civil rights just for the convenience to fly somewhere.
We can't afford to have DHS treat all its citizens like potential terrorist.
The more we turn into North Korea, the more our middle class shrinks to pay for it!
Oh I'm not defending it at all - just stating how I think "the game" is being played right now.
FlatScreen

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Cyber War (and why cyber, it is so '60s) is the new nuclear submarine, aircraft carrier, fighter jet and tank... defense companies from Booz Allen to General Dynamics are making a fortune off it.

Lobbyists and retired generals (now employed by defense companies) are insuring that we remain scared, believe we are vulnerable to attack -- and that the govt is ready to spend huge bucks on it.

Best part for them is progress is not measurable in conventional terms, so contractors always need more money to design and develop new or add-on software.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#6 Jul 24, 2013
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Looks like the house shot them down ... let the spying begin!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencerport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Racist Idnetified as Jarrod Kuhn from Hon... 24 min Bovenzi13 26
News Rochester man charged after a number of stolen ... 27 min Bovenzi13 3
Buffalo LOSES again 17 to 10 54 min Bovenzi13 16
News Foodlink creating recipe for jobs 2 hr Foodlinksuks 1
haha, how was work? 2 hr perfect tranny lover 26
News SUNY reports rush of applicants seeking free tu... 6 hr IescapedNY 7
News Three finalists selected in Spencerport school ... May '17 Jeff 2

Spencerport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance