Local News on WVRC

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 10, 2011
What's up Spencer? This is Mark Pauley with WVRC local news. I've started this thread to better reach the public and interact with listeners. Some days it is hard to find something going on in Spencer - as I'm sure many of you know! I see there is a lot of activity on this site, so I'm hoping to tap into this resource and use it to get more SPENCER events and incidents on the news. I have to branch out to the edges of our listening area to keep from re-running a story sometimes. Hopefully we can work together to eliminate that and get the news a few steps closer to Spencer as often as possible.

That being said - I'm not oblivious to the fact that a lot of drama goes down on this site. That's not what I'm interested in. I don't want to know who you think is the biggest whore in town. I want to know things like local people winning awards, or if a fire happened over night, or if your church group is planning a mission to Africa. I'll take the bad along with the good as long as it's NEWS.

Also - with THAT being said - I can't play favorites. Period. If you or a family member get in trouble with the law for something and I do a news story on it, it's nothing personal. Besides, it's just going to show up in the paper anyhow. If my own mother were busted for growing meth while smoking a beer I would have to choose between saying, "OK, I quit" or "OK, I'll do it." That's just the rules I have to play by here. It's not my intention to break your daddy's heart and I'm only using interviews or public records.

Alright - enough with the disclaimers! So tell me Spencer, WHAT'S THE NEWS???
1 post removed
King

Gallipolis, OH

#3 Apr 11, 2011
WVRC IS THE WORST.

Since: May 11

Syracuse, NY

#4 May 31, 2011
Dear Mr. Pauley:
I was excited to see your post on the Spencer Forum. I used to live in Spencer and as a teenager I listened to WVRC and found it a wonderful station!!!!! This was in 1962-1966. I thought of something interesting that might be of interest to your listeners. In my freshman year, 1962, the senior class had a student named Scott Ward who was frequently a DJ on WVRC. I remember he wanted to go into the communications field and I was wondering if perhaps you had heard of him and knew if he had reached his dream of being in the communications field. Does WVRC still have student DJ's? or Would WVRC consider starting this great endeavor again? I am sure there are lots of teenagers in Spencer who love music and would like to be on the radio. I will be relocating to Spencer in August of 2012, the Lord willing and would like to know what Spencer has to offer music lovers. Thank you. Staufer is my maiden name, which I used to log in on Spencer Forum, but my nickname is Dee. I wish you well with your listening audience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bootylicious girls in spencer 2 min Chrissy Flesher 16
contessa perrine pregnant! 6 hr Shut The Front Door 8
Daniel Simmonds 10 hr Curious 2
Bo's sentence 11 hr Haha 10
Morgan Thompson 14 hr TMI 2
Annette's ex 19 hr Mary 22
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Fuckwitmenc 4,019

Spencer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance