First Prev
of 3
Next Last
get thicker skin

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Jul 24, 2013
this is just 2 ask why so many ppl end up bitching about topixs or having post on them removed i mean if ur doing things u shouldnt ppl usaully dont talk about u and if the truth bugs u that bad or u r so worried ppl will find out about it or if its not true believe it u shouldnt be doing the stuff ur doing or dealing with the ppl u r dealing with or infact "get thicker skin" its free speech and if u r out doing stuff that ppl should know about or some1 just wants 2 find out information on u good or bad why worry why hate just let ppl have free speech its one of the things that makes this country great (incase u wondered why post this just bee noticing lot of post removed and ppl hating on topixs when hell this site believes so much in free speech it leaves up a post with a link 2 a pation 2 shut down topixs but they take down post 4 these ppl afraid of the truth or just hating)
What

Bluefield, WV

#2 Jul 25, 2013
Here's some truth and its covered by freedom of speech, use English.
Whatever

Middleport, OH

#3 Jul 25, 2013
I just think if you have a problem with someone you knock on their front door and tell them. You don't come on a website and say it anonymously. But judging by your use of single letters as complete words, it shows you are in your teenage to mid-twenties and you have been pussified compared to a real mans upbringing.
hater of small minds

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Jul 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I just think if you have a problem with someone you knock on their front door and tell them. You don't come on a website and say it anonymously. But judging by your use of single letters as complete words, it shows you are in your teenage to mid-twenties and you have been pussified compared to a real mans upbringing.
Oh poor "what and whatever" did this post make your brain hurt having too figure out what numbers meant.And does it hurt your feelings when someone uses free speech or just the fact your too stupid to understand a phone post. They pay by the letter thats why they use short hand numbers and such for words but is that too much work for your small minds.As far as going to thier door telling them my guess is most of the ones on here already told the person.They are warning the community about or sometimes just seeking info on others but seems for all that mouth you two are on topixs anonymously.So judging by your post i'ld say you are some of the skanks or scumbags who whine because they end up getting posted on here.And as far as anyones up bringing if you would bring your own kids up with some better morals and try too hold yourself and those you choose too be around too a lil higher moral standard there might be way way less post here for you too bitch about.So i say topixs is great maybe if a few more people got called out about thier low moraled behavior we would have less of it.Plus this is free speech and what makes the USA great
Burp

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jul 25, 2013
hater of small minds wrote:
<quoted text>
So judging by your post i'ld say you are some of the skanks or scumbags who whine because they end up getting posted on here.
The skanks and scumbags seem to have been better educated than you, dear sweet freedom fighter. How weird!
-burp-excuss u

Parkersburg, WV

#6 Jul 25, 2013
Burp wrote:
<quoted text>
The skanks and scumbags seem to have been better educated than you, dear sweet freedom fighter. How weird!
How wierd people judging education by bad spelling,poor typing,or bad paragraph structure.I thought it was more about content but have to remeber getting graded on grammer issues.
Burp

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jul 25, 2013
Well, your content is pretty retarded too, rest assured.
Burp

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jul 25, 2013
F-

Dumb dumb
drink a few more-burp-

Parkersburg, WV

#9 Jul 25, 2013
Burp wrote:
F-
Dumb dumb
I'm sorry i just dont know how to respond to a idiot whoes named himself burp cant write more than a sentence and still thinks he has something worth posting besides being a "Dumb dumb".And i'm also guess here but burp is probbly because you are a drunk who thinks of nothing but drinking which is probably why u have a problem with the post because you get talked about here.

Since: Jul 13

United States

#10 Jul 25, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Hell yeah I fully agree this site wouldn't bother me at all if the people running there mouths would at least have enough balls to use there name instead of hide behind a fake one
theres a honest complaint

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Jul 25, 2013
Yes it might be better in ways if people said thier real names.Then you would also have those who would use others names to start trouble and others who would be afraid to speak the truth without the anonomous factor. I think the real point behind the post though is why bitch about the site but still get on here for one ,for two dont blame the site for things you do in your own life to get on here and ,three if u do get on here let the truth be out if your a good person people will find that too.Point being free speech helps get stuff out and if the truth hurts change what your doing.
What

Princeton, WV

#12 Jul 25, 2013
theres a honest complaint wrote:
Yes it might be better in ways if people said thier real names.Then you would also have those who would use others names to start trouble and others who would be afraid to speak the truth without the anonomous factor. I think the real point behind the post though is why bitch about the site but still get on here for one ,for two dont blame the site for things you do in your own life to get on here and ,three if u do get on here let the truth be out if your a good person people will find that too.Point being free speech helps get stuff out and if the truth hurts change what your doing.
Here's a question? How many comments are you going to post about "free speech" Its called "Freedom of speech" moron, you speak of people bitching I see no one bitching, but it does seem your on a "free speech" rant, so lets get this straight its ok for you to say whatever you want, but if someone else does not like something posted on this site they have no right to voice their own opinions even if they don't like this site?
Does not Freedom of speech cover this as well? You might want to learn as you say "free speech" means, see the truth does hurt don't it?
Tim

Mason, WV

#13 Jul 26, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a question? How many comments are you going to post about "free speech" Its called "Freedom of speech" moron, you speak of people bitching I see no one bitching, but it does seem your on a "free speech" rant, so lets get this straight its ok for you to say whatever you want, but if someone else does not like something posted on this site they have no right to voice their own opinions even if they don't like this site?
Does not Freedom of speech cover this as well? You might want to learn as you say "free speech" means, see the truth does hurt don't it?
It should also be noted that freedom of speech is only applicable when someone has an identity, and not some anonymous posting. In order for a persons bill of rights to be active, they have to be an identifiable American, and it cannot be just hear-say from Joe Blow down the road. It has to be a matter of public record and of a peaceful nature, cannot cause harm to the individual of hinder there life from being productive. No taxation without representation has a lot more meaning regarding a persons civil liberties and I am sure that if these people screaming Freedom of Speech were to google it, they would see that this site has lost several judgments in court, and topix will be real quick to give up their IP address is someone files a case. There is a lot more to freedom of speech than spreading slanderous gossip on an anonymous site. I would be surprised if they even know what civil liberty it is that allows an identifiable American such a privilege. As much as we as Americans have freedom of speech, those being talked about have rights as well. Rights that keep people from slandering them or defaming them, which carries much more weight than freedom of speech. It amazes me that people don't even know how it works, and are just going on what others are saying. Maybe they should pay attention to those that do know. It only makes sense that someone would not be allowed to just trash another, and our forefathers never intended for freedom of speech to be used in that manner. So as freedom of speech does exist from an identifiable American, there are also laws in place to keep someone from slandering or defaming someones character. All of this can be backed up by spending a little time researching, and I am quite sure it will change the minds of those that think someone has the right to trash another, and it's just a matter of time before this site no longer exists. It's in the courts right now, and I am also quite sure that when the time comes to put a name beside of whats being posted, that it will change a lot of what is on this social site, until them, use caution on what you post, it could cost more than it's worth.
see now its a topic

Parkersburg, WV

#14 Jul 26, 2013
Yes i saw the stuff about this site being took 2 court and them trying to shut it down plus i have seen post removed that had no slander just facts and links 2 back them up plus sking for informtion and they still got removed and "What" thats what i'm taking about i hope if something up here wrong people bicth about it but that they dont bitch about the site or the truth about themselves
And yes freedom of speech doesnt exstend to everything but it does extend to just asking for information and stating facts if those facts bother you or you wanna hide what others say about you maybe take a look at your life instead of bitching at topics or the people just looking for info and like you said topixs has no problem giving out IP address then your not annonomous anymore plus the fact that short of being somekinda public figure its relly hard to prove that you have been harmed,defamed,or hurt in any other way than your pride by being put on topixs thats even if the stuff is untrue but i'm guessing that theres atleast a lil truth in even the worst post on here because people usually dont lash out over nothing and make wild post plus this is a socail site u can state any opion you lke they are opions but honestly i think some of the things here need to be posted more maybe if more peope worried about the low moraled lieing,cheating,stealing,drugg ing,and so forth they did getting out there it might raise all our moral standards some and good morals and values are never a bad thing
I googled it

Parkersburg, WV

#15 Jul 26, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
It should also be noted that freedom of speech is only applicable when someone has an identity, and not some anonymous posting. In order for a persons bill of rights to be active, they have to be an identifiable American, and it cannot be just hear-say from Joe Blow down the road. It has to be a matter of public record and of a peaceful nature, cannot cause harm to the individual of hinder there life from being productive. No taxation without representation has a lot more meaning regarding a persons civil liberties and I am sure that if these people screaming Freedom of Speech were to google it, they would see that this site has lost several judgments in court, and topix will be real quick to give up their IP address is someone files a case. There is a lot more to freedom of speech than spreading slanderous gossip on an anonymous site. I would be surprised if they even know what civil liberty it is that allows an identifiable American such a privilege. As much as we as Americans have freedom of speech, those being talked about have rights as well. Rights that keep people from slandering them or defaming them, which carries much more weight than freedom of speech. It amazes me that people don't even know how it works, and are just going on what others are saying. Maybe they should pay attention to those that do know. It only makes sense that someone would not be allowed to just trash another, and our forefathers never intended for freedom of speech to be used in that manner. So as freedom of speech does exist from an identifiable American, there are also laws in place to keep someone from slandering or defaming someones character. All of this can be backed up by spending a little time researching, and I am quite sure it will change the minds of those that think someone has the right to trash another, and it's just a matter of time before this site no longer exists. It's in the courts right now, and I am also quite sure that when the time comes to put a name beside of whats being posted, that it will change a lot of what is on this social site, until them, use caution on what you post, it could cost more than it's worth.
I dont know Tim it must not have read the same to me didnt seem like topixs or really anyone but very limited ones were in trouble for much of anything heres the link i read http://www.dmlp.org/threats/lesher-v-topix

but read for yourself
I googled it

Parkersburg, WV

#16 Jul 26, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/morristown-tn...

heres a link too another topixs forum on this for other opions think it has other case stuff sited too
Burp

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jul 26, 2013
Maybe you had trouble finding results because you don't know that this webpage is actually called TOPIX.
Tim

Mason, WV

#18 Jul 26, 2013
I googled it wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know Tim it must not have read the same to me didnt seem like topixs or really anyone but very limited ones were in trouble for much of anything heres the link i read http://www.dmlp.org/threats/lesher-v-topix
but read for yourself
Your level of comprehending what you read must be limited to what you want it to read. Case after case is being put under the gun and it goes to show that topix will give you up and you will be held accountable if someone wants to take it to that level. Why would anyone even take a chance of going through that for a bunch of slanderous gossip that could ruin a persons life. I found more than a million hits about people taking individuals to court over posting on this site and it looks to be only a matter of time before those that want to spread unsubstantiated rumors about others will be held accountable. If someone wants to run their mouth they should identify themselves and if it is slanderous, them they should be held responsible, and it looks to ME like they are, and it's about time.. I say again, is it worth it to take the chance, regardless if it's true or not???
i must read different

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Jul 26, 2013
Well burp you must be drunk seeing funny or something because looks like they spelled it topixs to so not sure what your even talking about and Tim i guess me and u must just read different because yes i saw lots of cases but most were going no where and yes some very high profile ones were having some done but nothing really getting anyone in trouble and yes topixs will give them your IP address if ordered 2 but like it even says in the article

"Texas Lawyer reports that Tolles is "willing to be reasonable in complying with the subpoena, even though requesting information for 178 names strikes him as 'fairly broad.'" Additionally, Tolles is quoted saying "all we're going to be able to provide them with is an IP address," which is just the first step to identifying the posters. "

and heres something else you might not be aware of

"First, most posters here misuse or misunderstand the legal definitions of "defamation", "libel", and "slander" and should educate themselves on the true definitions as well as the legal burdens of proof for each of those terms. In short, you must not only bring a lawsuit, not only gain a court order to force topix to turn over IP logs for posters, not only take those IP logs and gain another court order to force the ISP to turn over the real ID of the users of those accounts, and not only prove that these people made written or verbal statements about another person which they KNEW were false, BUT you also have to prove that you suffered damages as a result (i.e. loss of job or business income, divorce, failure of a business, etc.) which is very hard to do.

The chances of someone successfully suing and winning a civil suit regarding postings on an internet forum are about 1/10th of 1% on a good day.

Bear in mind, it's not who is right or wrong, but who has the most time and money to put into the case. By definition, the people who get talked about on this trashy forum are usually poor and uneducated. Attorneys do not usually take civil suits with a low potential for awarded and collected damages (and thus their payday) without a hefty retainer. Do you really think that those who are subjects of topix posts can muster a successful case?

Possible, but HIGHLY doubtful."

and relly as far as anonomous i think most people have a good who knows the things about them in the post so can figure out usually who it is and sure that the biggest part of them did talk to the person about it before resorting to topixs post but if its true its not slander and i like my info and my free speech
Tim

Mason, WV

#20 Jul 26, 2013
Very well said. One of the first post that actually has any meaning to it. Keep posting good info, something most would never understand... Like you said, whoever has the most toys...WINS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler Hyer 31 min Tyler Hyer 4
arrested trying to sell a baby (Mar '12) 3 hr Lovely2012 22
Amber King 5 hr lee 40
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 15 hr legendfork 4,274
Marah Meyers 19 hr a friend 4
Tina coon 21 hr Psycho 9
Scott &Brandy Humphreys Sun Bowers 1

Spencer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance