First Prev
of 2
Next Last
so_what

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Mar 28, 2011
i have just one question, if the world is so against drugs and you have to have a prescription to get your meds then why dont you have to have a prescription for syringe needles? or atleast have to show something stating that you are a diabetic. you can just walk into to fruth pharmacy and buy the damn needles. i think it shoud be against the law.

please post your opinion
angeleyes25276

Point Pleasant, WV

#2 Mar 29, 2011
i completly agree, i dont think people who look the way they look should be aloud to walk into a pharmacy and buy them
getagrip

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Mar 29, 2011
Needles are used for many things other than insulin injections and drug abuse. What about people who take B12 shots, allergy shots, shots for HIV, etc. Needing a script for needles isn't going to help solve the drug problems. What about the people that snort and eat drugs?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2011
If you had to have a script to get needles, that would just mean the druggies that shoot up would be breaking into houses to look for them. It would be awful for some poor unexpecting person to get killed over their insulin needles.

Since: Mar 11

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Mar 29, 2011
i see your point completly... and i agree to a level but the city is haveing a damn fit over the synthetic shit and unlawful use of scripts and because smoker friendly sells bowls and there is nothing they can do about it because it outta city limits.... its a pipe like get over it ya know, but nothing is ever said or done about the shooting up... wtf is that all about.and its like the worst there is that pretty much means your at the end of the road.

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Mar 29, 2011
and if u have to use a needle then you should have to have some kind of proof from a doctor stating that you have to... but for some people that i know and look like they do can just walk in a drug store and buy them... u cant sell some one beer who is already drunk. so why should u bee aloud to sell needles to someone who looks like a damn junkie. all i am saying is something needs done. this use to be such a quiet somewhat safe little town... i grew up here but i would never raise my kids here.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I hear ya. People like to bury their head in the sand and act like if they don't agknowledge it, it isn't really happening.
1 post removed
doesntmatter

Parkersburg, WV

#9 Mar 30, 2011
I can agree with what you are saying but again disagree. If you make it to where you have to have proof as a prescription to purchase needles the problem would turn into house's being broke into for needles. Elderly people would start having their needles stolen by family members and seeing how prescriptions have a certain time frame before you can refill a prescription those that had their needles stolen from them would have to go with out their medication because of said junkies. It's a problem that sadly will never get better. As far as raising children in Spencer I would in a heart beat. All my family is in Spencer. I live in Ripley now but would move back to Spencer if there were jobs. However the drug problem was very much a problem when I was in school 11 years ago. There is a drug epidemic right now. Sadly I believe my grandchildren will be fighting this fight when they are my age.

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Mar 30, 2011
i do agree with u also o a point.... and yes there was a drug problem when i was in school here several years ago as well but not this bad i mean i never came home asking about what is this and this and what does t do and crap i mean the kids in elementry center are hearing about this crap from other kids because thier parents, or thier friends parentsya know and i dont mean just a prescription or something equelavent to like a card stating for whatever reason you have to buy them and as for the people breaking in houses... they retty much do anyways, but what i am saying is they are trying to put a stop to all the pill abuse and patches but noone ever says anything about shooting up and this is whats taking over the damn world.
you cant change the world

United States

#11 Apr 6, 2011
sorry to inform you but not all diabetics can make it to the pharmacy on a regular basis. So who picks up there needles for them if ya gotta show proof of who ya r and why ya need them. And it wouldnt keep ppl from shooting up if they did regulate it. It would just leave the needle junkie in a predicament to continue using a dirty needle which would just create a more widespread range of stds so lets not bitch cause the aftermath would just be passed to the next generation and thats damn sure not what i wat for my daughter!!!!!!
youdontknowme252 76

Point Pleasant, WV

#12 Apr 11, 2011
I totally agree on having to have some kind of proof that you have to have needles for medical reasons only...I think that people that shoot up on a regular basis is a waste of air and shouldnt be here. I think when it comes to drugs and needles that it should all be controlled better like a daily count on meds for the people that get them and making sure that they are not being sold to other people. The people that sell them really dont need them in the first place if they are selling every med that they get. And the people that actually need them cant get the meds they need...I think its bullshit and I totally agree with whoever posted this about Syringe needles....
JMP

Point Pleasant, WV

#13 Apr 11, 2011
I take shots twice a day for sugar and if it would clean up this town any I would gladly have my doc write a note but the same time I get my needles I also GET MY Meds so.
curious

Delaware, OH

#14 Jul 29, 2011
you cant change the world wrote:
sorry to inform you but not all diabetics can make it to the pharmacy on a regular basis. So who picks up there needles for them if ya gotta show proof of who ya r and why ya need them. And it wouldnt keep ppl from shooting up if they did regulate it. It would just leave the needle junkie in a predicament to continue using a dirty needle which would just create a more widespread range of stds so lets not bitch cause the aftermath would just be passed to the next generation and thats damn sure not what i wat for my daughter!!!!!!
So what if the damn junkies catch std's or some deadly illness from using a damn dirty needle.... if they were smart they wouldnt be using a needle to start with, so we the straight people are supposed to make sure the junkies get clean needles... WTF. and if they do contrack a deadly illness then i guess thats just something to help them kill thierselves a little faster. because thats all they r doing anyways.THE PATHETIC PIECES OF SHIT ARE NOTHING MORE THEN A WASTE OF AIR. they need to stop being so damn selffish and worring about getting high and start thinking about what they r doing to the people around them... but i guess they done forgot all about them. unless they need something, then they always remember to call ya up.
my opinion

Middleport, OH

#15 Jul 29, 2011
I am a recovered junkie so i know people can change if they are given the right help and really wanna take that step. I think that they need to have more resources to give people the help that they need to change their lives because trust me it isnt easy.. If they had a clinic in spencer so that these people could get help i think it would change alot. The clinic i goto you have to go every day and get your meds they have group meetings and counciling that you are required to attend and you also have to take random as well as schedualed supervised drug screens. These screens not only check to make sure you arent using but they also test the levels of medicine in your system to make sure you are taking it and not abusing it.I have been clean for going on nine months and it hasnt been easy but it is something ive tried to do numerous times before and without help have relapsed. I drive 130 miles everyday round trip to get the help i need but its been very much worth it. just think of how many people would change if they didnt have to make that trip.
I_Understand

Morgantown, WV

#16 Jul 30, 2011
Congrats on your sobriety! I think the pills and the needles have taken over. I would love to see the county do drug tests on every one here, and if there is some type of drug in your system that you don't have a script for then they should offer some type of rehab. But no matter what is or isn't done, what these junkies need to understand is what's going to happen when your kid gets ahold of your pills, patches, or needles? Thats what I worry about! Last year a kid came to school with information which she shared with my daughter, on how to take pills to make you feel better and relax, the kid is only 9yrs old. Needless to say neither one of my kids is in public school this year!
my opinion

Middleport, OH

#17 Jul 30, 2011
the people in this town that goto fhc ang get help only go once a mont then they sell or trade there saboxin to buy other dope and its crap i think they should have to go every day and get there meds and take them right there just like you do if u goto CTC (Charleston treatment center)
my opinion

Middleport, OH

#18 Jul 30, 2011
o and thanx I_understand
doesntmatter

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Jul 30, 2011
1. I do care about some "dirty" needle using junky getting something from a habit that maybe later in life they clean up straighten their life up then further spread the disease seeing how aids can pop up 6 years down the road

2. The way rehabs work any more they give you one drug to get off of another, which only makes everyone addicted to another drug...kinda defeats the purpose don't ya think?

3. As an addict, clean now for 10 years, the best way to get off of a drug isn't by rehab, it's better to move out of state to some place that you know absolutely no one and loose your life, friends, and get a whole new life started.

I rehabilitated myself. Took 6 months for the shakes to ease up. I moved 450 miles away from Spencer. I had one friend to help me threw it all. I got clean worked a full time job and got my life back on track. Now I say this because I know once and addict always an addict. I fight my addiction every day. It took 6 years of being away before I felt that I could move back to West Virginia. The drug problem has been in Roane County for years since I was a kid and I am now 30. It has got worse since I lived in Spencer and will get worse before it gets better. All I can honestly say is if you know an addict rather it be pills, coke, or even a drinking problem if you can be the one person to offer an out when the person is ready, Heaven has a special place just for you. It takes a strong willed person to decide to give up the life style and an even stronger person to help the addict out.
curious

Galena, OH

#20 Jul 30, 2011
well I have went through complete hell with an addict trying to help them in anyway i could and it completly backfired in my face... and i hated that it ended the way it did but i couldnt handle anymore shit... i felt like i gave up on them but i know i didnt , i just needed to realize they wasnt ready to let me help them.

you cant help anyone who wont help themselves.
Appalachian Prophet

Santa Clara, CA

#21 Jul 31, 2011
The problem with making needles harder to acquire is simple. If you take away the clean supply of needles the drug addicts will just begin to share them more. Then what you got is a whole lot of people with HIV and HEP C who are still shooting up, sharing needles with new users and infecting them. Then when people go off and have sex they will be spreading the diseases to others. So making needles harder to acquire would cause a lot more problems than it would solve. Legalize marijuana and a lot of the drug problems we have would be gone overnight. TRUST ME. A lot of these kids only do pills and drink because marijuana is so expensive and hard to find in Spencer. And that is the TRUTH. People are going to do drugs, like it or not. It is better just to mind your own business. Don't like drugs? Don't do them. But don't judge others when you probably get drunk or take some kind of pills yourself. The only thing that seperates you is who takes your money the end result is exactly the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biggest male looser in spencer 2 hr OLD FRIEND 5
another deleted cause oh hurt feelings.lol 2 hr truthhurts 19
Greg Southall.lol 2 hr smh 3
Concealed carrying without a permit 8 hr of course 9
Thoughts on Tanya Clowser Wed think shes cute!!!! 8
Chaz Simmons Mar 3 lame 14
deleting topix?? Mar 2 ridge runner 30
Spencer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web