What

Mcminnville, TN

#1 May 25, 2011
Who or what is the group of people on Hwg. 8? They seem to be real afraids that someone will see them. Locked gates and guards....Dogs and weapons....maybe just be a bunch of Hippies but think there will be a problem ther!!
wondering

Sparta, TN

#2 May 26, 2011
Are you talking about the "ISHA" thing?
What

Mcminnville, TN

#3 May 26, 2011
wondering wrote:
Are you talking about the "ISHA" thing?
Maybe...They deem to be from India or that part of the world...Hara Krisner types..like you see selling flowers in airports and street coorners..seem to have a lot of very young girls.
wondering

Sparta, TN

#4 May 26, 2011
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe...They deem to be from India or that part of the world...Hara Krisner types..like you see selling flowers in airports and street coorners..seem to have a lot of very young girls.
They've been there for a few years. When they first moved in over there, they had a big front page write up in the southern standard about how the founder of it was a doctor and it was open for people to come in and seek medical care for very cheap, even free to some. They were into some kind of meditation. Check out this link. http://nripulse.com/CityNews_Isha06.html
Funny though.... it doesn't look too much like an "open to the public hospitable outreach". I haven't seen the guns or young girls though. Not saying there isn't, but hmmmmmmmm. The place I'm referring to is about 7/8 miles down #8 from VB county on the left hand side with a gate across the road and a black "isha" sign.
What

Mcminnville, TN

#5 May 26, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been there for a few years. When they first moved in over there, they had a big front page write up in the southern standard about how the founder of it was a doctor and it was open for people to come in and seek medical care for very cheap, even free to some. They were into some kind of meditation. Check out this link. http://nripulse.com/CityNews_Isha06.html
Funny though.... it doesn't look too much like an "open to the public hospitable outreach". I haven't seen the guns or young girls though. Not saying there isn't, but hmmmmmmmm. The place I'm referring to is about 7/8 miles down #8 from VB county on the left hand side with a gate across the road and a black "isha" sign.
Thanks for the info..nice to see this forum work to find my answer and info with out a lot of drama! Sounds like a scam group.....
Oh My

Rye, NY

#6 May 31, 2011
Very Strange
truth to it

Rock Island, TN

#7 Jun 2, 2011
Any truth to it?
Southern Avenger

Sparta, TN

#8 Jun 5, 2011
warren county was on patrol out there on hwy 8 and saw a truck cut off the hwy 8 and he turned around and followed till he came to a steel gate with about 10 or so dot heads on the otherside they told the law dog that he didnt have any bussiness there and he sould leave.dog sad he wouldnt go back in there without a whole dogpack.dog said there was about 50 cars and trucks there!I got no idea what they are doing out there.Van Buren dogs aint saying nothing. go see 4 ur self.
Seriously

Altamont, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2011
Google: isha, institue of inner sciences. This will explain it all. You can also sign up for the yoga classes on that site. It even tells you how you can give up everything in life and live there.
no thanks

Sparta, TN

#10 Jun 6, 2011
Thanks, I think I'll do that! Sounds good to me, maybe they'll beam me up on the mothership too. I don't believe that yoga crap for one minute. That's exactly what they're trying to do; lure naive people in with the innocence of "yoga" and then push their overbearing, controlling, women-opressing beliefs on them. I for one am pissed that they would pick our beautiful area to monopolize upon for their "camp". I like my little slice of All American countryside, and can't fathom why anyone would be happy to visit them. But there's a sucker born every minute isn't there?
Al Henry

Salisbury, NC

#11 Jun 17, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Google: isha, institue of inner sciences. This will explain it all. You can also sign up for the yoga classes on that site. It even tells you how you can give up everything in life and live there.
Is there any young poon in it for me?
Seriously

Altamont, TN

#12 Jun 19, 2011
Lol I wouldn't know. Kinda don't want to be sucked in!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Classmates that are gone but not forgotten (May '09) 3 hr hippy 570
City of spencer 15 hr Reload 23
Paige Pecor 18 hr Last I was told 7
Gay/Lesbian Teachers - Bigger Problem than we k... (Feb '11) Sat IFuckedYourWife 33
Hazzard Life ? Are you kidding me ? (Jun '12) Sat WTF 74
Dump Ben Lomand Sat WTF 13
James Farris (Jan '11) Sat Angel 14
More from around the web

Spencer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Spencer Mortgages