No one injured in blaze

There are 5 comments on the Aug 19, 2008, Akron Beacon Journal story titled No one injured in blaze. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

NORTON: The cause of a garage explosion Tuesday that set a bungalow on Clubside Drive on fire is under investigation by the Norton Fire Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Salem, OH

#63 Aug 24, 2008
akron ff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow "grammy", maybe the Norton Fire Department needs you on their trucks. You obviously understand firefighting and engineering way better than the people who actually do it as their career. Maybe if you were on one of those numerous trucks at that housefire, it would have only take 1 instead of 2 hours to put out that routine housefire!
What I understand is that another firefighter feels the need to tear down a fellow neighboring firefighter based on info read in the papers.
And I'm not the one who claims to know engineering....it's the women who did their own little inspection of the fire department that suggested the tuck pointing and some cement paint to fix structural cracks in a brick wall. I had to ask what they were talking about.
anonymous

Salem, OH

#65 Aug 25, 2008
are we all seriously sitting here arguing about the fire stations and how long it took to put it out and not having hydrants and everything else ya'll are complaining about? what happened happened and all we can do now is sit here and pray for the flechler family and help out as much as God let us. you all oughtta be ashamed of yourselves. and this is coming from a 16 year old. there's alot bigger problems then the fire taking 2 hours to put out. IT WAS A BIG FIRE, tons of FOUR WHEELERS EXPLODING. of course it's gonna take awhile to put out. meanwhile, all of their memories, GONE. no more pictures of family reunions, school starts in a day, no new school clothes, no new school supplies. the fire fighters did the best they could instead of sitting here and complaining like all of you "adult figures"
Listen to yourselves-

Salem, OH

#66 Aug 25, 2008
gimme a break wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying that AFD isn't a good department, been with them for over a decade. I am saying we aren't perfect and really don't have much right to second guess other departments. I'm sure Cleveland Fire has had more fires than us,and I wouldn't want someone from there to look at a few pictures and make a snap decision on our tactics. It is unprofessional and uncalled for. As for having someone from AFD give classes to outlying communities, it happens occassionally - and we have been fortunate to receive training from some fine individuals in outlying departments.
Also, as to the purple truck....if its in service, I could give a damn what color it is.
FINALLY - someone who is not talking out his a**. You are absolutely right - it is WRONG to second guess firefighters from other departments - or anywhere else for that matter -especially when you don't have all the details. Everyone does things a little differently... Thank you for your post.
ITHINK

Salem, OH

#67 Aug 25, 2008
Listen to yourselves- wrote:
<quoted text>
FINALLY - someone who is not talking out his ****. You are absolutely right - it is WRONG to second guess firefighters from other departments - or anywhere else for that matter -especially when you don't have all the details. Everyone does things a little differently... Thank you for your post.
Amateurs always have to second guess that is why we need professionals. Ewww did that hurt?

“I'm just saying...”

Since: Jul 08

Orrville

#68 Aug 25, 2008
I would say this....if you are a firefighter or not....unless you were there you have no idea what was happening when the photos were taken.

To attempt to sit in judgement simply makes you look foolish.

Bottom line....fire out....no major injuries nor any fatalities. I call it a success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Audio Quake Car Audio Accessories Dec '14 brazisjr-75 1
News West Salem woman admits to theft from district ... (Mar '14) Nov '14 Canaan_Twp_Girl 11
News Harry R. "J.R." Lee Jr. (Jun '14) Jun '14 Carol Zembower 1
Review: Shawnee Lake Park (Dec '13) Dec '13 wonderful 1
amy sparks (Dec '13) Dec '13 Anonymous 1
News Dan Zegarac for mayor of Avon: editorial endors... (Oct '13) Oct '13 AvonEagle77 1
Multiple Sclerosis Cluster in Wellington (Jun '10) Oct '13 june Necchi 16
More from around the web

Spencer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]