Dog's Shooting Death Causes Community...

Dog's Shooting Death Causes Community Uproar

There are 3 comments on the WRTV Indianapolis story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Dog's Shooting Death Causes Community Uproar. In it, WRTV Indianapolis reports that:

A controversy is brewing over the fatal shooting of a dog residents had doted on and declared the "Town Dog" after it showed up during June's devastating flood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRTV Indianapolis.

Spencer Resident

Columbus, IN

#1 Jul 21, 2008
It has been common practice for years for the police to shoot unwanted, stray dogs. This is nothing new. When I first came here, I couldn't believe it. Their excuse was that there was no humane society or animal control. Now that there is a humane society, it doesn't surprise me that they are still doing it.
Spencer Resident

Bedford, IN

#2 Jul 29, 2008
If people would obey the leash law, here people think it's okay to let dogs run loose. All dogs should be on a leash or in a cage. These residents need to take responsiblity for there part in the issue.
I Shot Buddy

Webberville, MI

#3 Jul 29, 2008
As a town, Spencer needs to move on. If the Humane Society had adopted Buddy as their own, then they probably should have obeyed local leash laws. This has been blown WAY out of proportion. Maybe we should focus on the flood victims who lost crops and homes. If the OC Humane Society continues on this way, and tries to sue the Sheriff or the Town (as I've heard rumored), I personally will not support it anymore and hope that it does not get another dime of public funding. It's time to let it go...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think Lauren Spierer was setup. (Jun '11) May 12 Tragedian_ne 70
News Myers' mom says her son is innocent (Dec '06) May 11 Mike 26
In box me a bad girls number May 4 Goodguy01 3
Horseshoe Pitching Apr 29 Ringer 1
Sara Brooks is a SLUT! (Feb '17) Apr 27 Goodguy01 18
V&C Automotive Apr '18 Curious 1
Britnee Jackson (Apr '12) Jan '18 Horny 7

Spencer Jobs

Personal Finance

Spencer Mortgages