Indiana limestone forms new Yankee St...

Indiana limestone forms new Yankee Stadium

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 6, 2008, titled Indiana limestone forms new Yankee Stadium. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tom Wood Volkswagen Looking for a Price Quote? Maybe You Need to Schedule a Service Appointment or Test Drive? Tom Wood Volkswagen, Indiana's Premier VW Dealer, Can Do It All Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Matt

Palo Alto, CA

#23 Feb 6, 2008
I see what you're going for, but limestone brings a bit of a classy look. Not to say Lucas Oil isn't classy, but I think limestone belongs more on a baseball stadium, or a University campus, than it does on a football stadium. I think the "brick" looks better on LOS than limestone would.
I Think wrote:
And not one pound of Indiana Limestone was used in the Indianapolis Colts new stadium. Way to go Indiana!
Wewayne

Lexington, KY

#24 Feb 6, 2008
John L wrote:
What does this article have to do with Spencer IN?
Indiana Limestone Fabricator company is in Spencer, IN, Owen County, Indiana
Fred Flintstone

United States

#25 Feb 6, 2008
Wilma is getting some new rocks for Valentines Day with all the overtime I am getting.
stop it now

Chicago, IL

#26 Feb 6, 2008
I think this whole project is absolutely disgusting. DITCH MITCH! Because of him, OUR limestone is being shipped to NYC. On top of that, there is a stinking business making obscene profits using OUR limestone. This stone should be left in the ground for future generations to leave in the ground. Oh, the rape of the environment! Where are the parents??!!
Spencer

United States

#27 Feb 6, 2008
Not sure where Spencer Ind. comes into play here either. I guess it does explain the new limestone barracades around the Empire Quarry.

Buy Indiana
I see

United States

#28 Feb 6, 2008
OKay now I see it is Fabricated in Spencer but comes from Oolitic!!!! My bad!!!
Go O-D Bobcats

Hebbronville, TX

#29 Feb 6, 2008
Speed wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they'll use Indiana limestone, when they finally tear down Wrigley Field and build another stadium. That stadium is a dump. The Cubs need a new stadium. Their fans should be comfortable, when they watch them lose and gag year after year....decade after decade.
I am a Cub fan and love Wrigley Field. I go there to feel 30 years younger. I love it when the Cubs win, but winning isn't everything. I hope they never tear down Wrigley Field. I really enjoy the night games. Got too many sunburns before the lights went up.
Dave Stoller

Florence, KY

#30 Feb 6, 2008
Go Cutters!
Jesus F Christ

Jeffersonville, OH

#31 Feb 6, 2008
Go O-D Bobcats wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Cub fan and love Wrigley Field. I go there to feel 30 years younger. I love it when the Cubs win, but winning isn't everything. I hope they never tear down Wrigley Field. I really enjoy the night games. Got too many sunburns before the lights went up.
Nothing makes one feel young like Old Style beer and urinating in troughs.
Speed

United States

#32 Feb 7, 2008
Go O-D Bobcats wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrigley is nice and cozy, but it needs to go. The restrooms, concessions and concourse areas are horrible.

They could build a new one that was retro to keep that Wrigley feel to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rare Coins? Jul 21 findthemhere 1
GE closing plant Jul 14 hippopotamonstros... 2
News Rx refusal bill stalls in Senate (Jan '08) Jul 12 ecluytyu 275
the stone Cameron family Jun '16 jack 1
Spencer Centerstone (Sep '15) Apr '16 Juiop 3
Shaylyn missing. Mar '16 stunned 12
witch out all !! STD, STD, (Jun '12) Mar '16 Tara H 6

Spencer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance