Indiana limestone forms new Yankee Stadium

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 6, 2008, titled Indiana limestone forms new Yankee Stadium. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tom Wood Volkswagen Looking for a Price Quote? Maybe You Need to Schedule a Service Appointment or Test Drive? Tom Wood Volkswagen, Indiana's Premier VW Dealer, Can Do It All Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I Think

Pryor, OK

#1 Feb 6, 2008
And not one pound of Indiana Limestone was used in the Indianapolis Colts new stadium. Way to go Indiana!
HoosierHusker

Covington, KY

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Thank you Indiana. I've been a Yankee fan since the 60's, now back home in Indiana means forever at Yankee Stadium.
doesnt look half bad

Walnut, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2008
--I'm no big Yankee's fan, and I'm not a big fan of replacing Yankee stadium (the biggest ballpark in the major leagues), particularly if Steinbrenner received one penny of public money.
That having been said, the new design isn't bad looking at all. I'm still not rooting for the Yankees, but I'll appreicate the new ballpark.
CUTTERS RULE

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2008
I Think wrote:
And not one pound of Indiana Limestone was used in the Indianapolis Colts new stadium. Way to go Indiana!
I was wondering about that. Dang shame.

Good news from NYC though. Kudos to the Yankees for their good taste. Don't credit that to Steinbrenner though, heh.
Ron Santo

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2008
Tell me it isn't so. Our hallowed limestone will now be ruined by the stench of Yankee Fans. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. Go Cubs!
John L

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2008
What does this article have to do with Spencer IN?
Sad

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 6, 2008
Ron Santo wrote:
Tell me it isn't so. Our hallowed limestone will now be ruined by the stench of Yankee Fans. I guess nothing is sacred anymore. Go Cubs!
Well said!
Resident

Carmel, IN

#8 Feb 6, 2008
Good job helping a corrupt franchise
Jared

Pryor, OK

#9 Feb 6, 2008
I Think wrote:
Are you sure of that?

Might very well be possible, but can you provide a source?
Indy Anna

Collinsville, MS

#10 Feb 6, 2008
Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure of that?
Might very well be possible, but can you provide a source?
The building is covered in brick. The source is my eyes.
evo

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 6, 2008
ummm that "veneer" is precast concrete, not brick. You're wrong also.
Speed

Carmel, IN

#12 Feb 6, 2008
Ron Santo wrote:
Maybe they'll use Indiana limestone, when they finally tear down Wrigley Field and build another stadium. That stadium is a dump. The Cubs need a new stadium. Their fans should be comfortable, when they watch them lose and gag year after year....decade after decade.
Teresa

Girard, OH

#13 Feb 6, 2008
I am a Yankee fan and I am very proud that Indiana limestone is going into the building of the new stadium. Although I hate to see the old stadium go. Just think of the history!
Robert

Manchester, MI

#14 Feb 6, 2008
Actually there is Indiana limestone in the building of LOS. The accents are limestone.
Indy Anna

Collinsville, MS

#15 Feb 6, 2008
evo wrote:
ummm that "veneer" is precast concrete, not brick. You're wrong also.
Boy is my face red!
Empire State Building

United States

#16 Feb 6, 2008
We also supplied the limestone for the Empire State Building. Indiana is very famous world wide for it's highly functional limestome.

I also prefer skim milk in my coffee. Wheat toast, lightly buttered. Shaken not stirred.

And for supper, nothing beats Skyline Chili and Little Kings

God Bless Lloyd Ruby!
JKL

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 6, 2008
I Think wrote:
And if it was the cost would be another $100 million higher and the you would be bitc-ing about the increased expense.

“Deport All Illegal Aliens!!”

Since: Jul 07

Speedway, Indiana

#20 Feb 6, 2008
If we could just get the Yankee AAA farm team here in Indy!!!!
Racing Expert

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Feb 6, 2008
Ron Santo wrote:
The stench??? Get a grip loser. The Yankees and NYC will always outclass the bozos in Chicago. How many rings do the Cubbies have???????
Harlan Erickson

United States

#22 Feb 6, 2008
I'm surprised that Yankee Stadium architects didn't somehow find a way to use cheap, arsenic-contaminated limestone from China. I'm sure Walmart could've arranged such a transaction. Way to go Indiana stonecutters!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ivy tech's graduation rate is 9% - the worst 2-... (Nov '12) May 12 Joel McKinley 26
gary bloss Apr 29 applepie 1
News Thousands remember slain IU student in 2 vigils Apr 27 No doubt 1
News Lewd details of IU student's murder revealed Apr 27 No doubt 1
'Art is the Weapon' girl on campus Apr '15 quetz 1
News 8th District Republican candidates a mixed bag (Feb '10) Apr '15 Susie 10
hung guys (Feb '14) Jul '14 blah 8
More from around the web

Spencer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]