“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4322 Feb 15, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the hug, it means alot! It's so hard to go through all of this without a significant other or such that could just soothe the fears with a good hug and the reassurance of their love but I will make it. I'm tough.
Even us tough one's need a soothing hug and encouraging words to make it through.......you have both from us:-)

“AKA Glinda”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4323 Feb 15, 2013
Theo wrote:
Everyone asleep? Just wanted to check in and say good mornin'. Keep the faith -lily- see y'all later..btw/ I ate one of those donuts on the counter..
Good morning Theo!

[In my mother's voice] Where have you been young man? I'm going to tan your hide!

[Grabs Theo by the ear] Don't ever do that again!! We were worried about you.

BTW, eat all of the donuts if you want.:-)

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4324 Feb 15, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the hug, it means alot! It's so hard to go through all of this without a significant other or such that could just soothe the fears with a good hug and the reassurance of their love but I will make it. I'm tough.
Yes you are. You can do this and we will encourage you.*Hugs*

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4325 Feb 15, 2013
Daily trivia February 15, 2013

Question: What Latin poet was Dante`s guide through the Inferno?

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4326 Feb 15, 2013
Frugal tip February 15, 2013

Save on Electronics
Need a new TV or VCR? Consider buying a used one from a repair shop. Sometimes, a customer will bring in an item for repair and neglect to retrieve it. Shops often sell these appliances for the cost of the repair.

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4327 Feb 15, 2013
A person on Topix thinks I'm a real witch. OMG, I bit my tongue.

Did someone miss the movie? Do they not know that Glinda isn't a real witch?

[sarcasm]

People amaze me.
Theo

Charleston, WV

#4328 Feb 15, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Theo!
[In my mother's voice] Where have you been young man? I'm going to tan your hide!
LOL...We must have had the same kind of mother...Mine would have said..(alright lil mister go get me a switch..get me a lil keen one...I'm gonna give you a lil hickory tea)..lol...Hey, I invented break dancing a long time before it became popular, tryin' to get away from that switch...btw/ kinda makes me feel good knowin' somebody missed me!*wipes eyes and blows nose sniff, sniff*lol...You have a good day sweetness.

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4329 Feb 15, 2013
Theo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...We must have had the same kind of mother...Mine would have said..(alright lil mister go get me a switch..get me a lil keen one...I'm gonna give you a lil hickory tea)..lol...Hey, I invented break dancing a long time before it became popular, tryin' to get away from that switch...btw/ kinda makes me feel good knowin' somebody missed me!*wipes eyes and blows nose sniff, sniff*lol...You have a good day sweetness.
That was my grandmother! She loved to use that tiny little switch on your bare legs. I didn't get whipped much but it hurt like the dickens when I did. I got whipped because of my two sisters. If one did wrong, all of us got whipped.

My brothers/step-brothers did the break dancing when they got whipped by my step-dad. He used long, large switches. Ouch!

Yes, we missed you. I flew all over Topix searching for you.

Have a fantastic Friday Theo.*smooch*

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4330 Feb 15, 2013
Did you and Theo really need to bring up memories of getting the switch? OMG, we had to go pick out our own and it better not be to thick or to green, otherwise if we made dad go out and get one......it was going to get a lot worse on us......ugh!!!
Theo

Charleston, WV

#4331 Feb 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Did you and Theo really need to bring up memories of getting the switch? OMG, we had to go pick out our own and it better not be to thick or to green, otherwise if we made dad go out and get one......it was going to get a lot worse on us......ugh!!!
Know what you mean...I got cold chills just thinkin' about it. I was tempted to run a time or two, but she said if you run you'll get it that much harder when I catch you..Shoot, I knew I couldn't stand it any harder, boy it took willpower to just stand there..lol..

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4332 Feb 15, 2013
Theo wrote:
<quoted text>Know what you mean...I got cold chills just thinkin' about it. I was tempted to run a time or two, but she said if you run you'll get it that much harder when I catch you..Shoot, I knew I couldn't stand it any harder, boy it took willpower to just stand there..lol..
Boy, ain't that the truth........the saying, "You won't sit down for a week" was never more truer than after getting the switch on the bare legs or butt......ouch:(

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4333 Feb 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
I'm so sorry.[Not really Lol]

My step-dad made the boys pick their switches. He never whipped me, but he thought I was too old by then. He and my mother didn't agree on discipline.

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4334 Feb 15, 2013
Theo wrote:
<quoted text>Know what you mean...I got cold chills just thinkin' about it. I was tempted to run a time or two, but she said if you run you'll get it that much harder when I catch you..Shoot, I knew I couldn't stand it any harder, boy it took willpower to just stand there..lol..
I remember that. If you ran, you got twice the licks and much harder.

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4335 Feb 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, ain't that the truth........the saying, "You won't sit down for a week" was never more truer than after getting the switch on the bare legs or butt......ouch:(
It brought new meaning to "grin and bear it." Lol

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4336 Feb 15, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
It brought new meaning to "grin and bear it." Lol
Hey Home Girl, It is snowing here. The roads are not covered yet but everything else is. I hope you had a great day!:)

My Town, USA

#4337 Feb 15, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Theo!
Take him to the wood shed Lady G!

LMAO

My Town, USA

#4338 Feb 15, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
My Pawpaw used to make me go get a switch too lol I had forgot about summers spent in Virginia! Yes I agree with you on not needing to bring those switch images up lol

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4339 Feb 15, 2013
Hi Lady G and Friends.

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4340 Feb 15, 2013
ShadowNinja wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Home Girl, It is snowing here. The roads are not covered yet but everything else is. I hope you had a great day!:)
Hey Home Boy! Stop saying that word.

Someone give me some duct tape! I'm going to stop Shadow from saying that dirty "S" word. Lol

I had a very good day and I hope you did too.:-)

“AKA Glinda”

Location hidden

#4341 Feb 15, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Take him to the wood shed Lady G!
LMAO
Damn! I don't have a woodshed. I'll take him behind the neighbor's barn. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spenard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AK Beat: Anchorage police ask for public's help... 11 hr andres 1
And Now, An Episode Of 'The Wasilla Hillbillies' Mon Jaimie 22
Vaness Paradis: Mt. Baker Theater? Sep 24 Bruce Deile 21
Medred: Alaska pot activist posing as reporter ... Sep 24 Greene_to_be_dece... 1
O's for sale Sep 16 Tommy Lee 1
Vanessa Paradis: "Les Cactus" Sep 13 Bruce Deile 15
Last Post Wins!!! (Apr '11) Sep 10 In-Like-Flynn 1,870

Spenard Jobs

Spenard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spenard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spenard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]