Glinda's Magic Bubble

“AKA Glinda”

Since: Sep 12

West Virginia

#3961 Feb 6, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
Damned if I can remember but that might be who taught me the song, all I know is I hate cold water or anything cold touching me, and I potty trained early. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Vtq1XV6ZVOcXX
Lmao! That was cute.

My son potty trained himself by using fruit loops as targets. Lol

unreals_dad

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3962 Feb 6, 2013
In-Like-Flynn wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, those signs about Ate Mo Ckin. Reminds me of those old-timey signs we used to see along the old highways. Burma-Shave. You remember those, Unreals Dad?
Yep I do an barn roofs painted that said see rock city or visit ruby falls I traveled eye 40 from the east coast to west tn till i got stationed at MNAS in 93 . Was more but just didn't stick in ma head .

“My Wicked, Wicked Ways”

Since: May 12

Sweet Home Alabama

#3963 Feb 6, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text>My dads family came from Florence Ala . Just lost my last great aunt there a few weeks ago.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Florence is up in my area of the state, I'm about 100 miles south. I come through Florence alot on my way to see my kids. Florence and Sheffield and Muscle Shoals. Pretty country up through there. So are you from Alabama?

“Just Call It Marriage Now”

Since: Sep 08

All rights For All!

#3964 Feb 6, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! That was cute.
That is how my mother told me to train my son. Works like a charm. Just don't try it with girls. They end up turning around to see the fruit loop, or falling head over heals trying to see the fruit loop.....

“AKA Glinda”

West Virginia

#3965 Feb 6, 2013

unreals_dad

Location hidden

#3966 Feb 6, 2013
In-Like-Flynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear of your loss. Florence is up in my area of the state, I'm about 100 miles south. I come through Florence alot on my way to see my kids. Florence and Sheffield and Muscle Shoals. Pretty country up through there. So are you from Alabama?
TY ,,My Dad moved to Tenn when he was a teenager but the rest of his moms and dads family stayed . Killion was the actual area and I had a Cabin at Pickwick on the south side of the dam for years but sold it a few ago . I have lots of cousins still around the North Bama area there .

unreals_dad

Location hidden

#3967 Feb 6, 2013
In-Like-Flynn wrote:
<quoted text>
North west Tn about 100 miles north of Memphis , sorry i meant to add that .

“AKA Glinda”

West Virginia

#3968 Feb 6, 2013
Mrs-Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how my mother told me to train my son. Works like a charm. Just don't try it with girls. They end up turning around to see the fruit loop, or falling head over heels trying to see the fruit loop.....
Oh, I know! My daughter was a terror to potty train. It seemed like it took forever.

“My Wicked, Wicked Ways”

Since: May 12

Sweet Home Alabama

#3969 Feb 6, 2013
unreals_dad wrote:
<quoted text> TY ,,My Dad moved to Tenn when he was a teenager but the rest of his moms and dads family stayed . Killion was the actual area and I had a Cabin at Pickwick on the south side of the dam for years but sold it a few ago . I have lots of cousins still around the North Bama area there .
I know you enjoyed your cabin, Pickwick's got some gorgeous places. I been a couple of times with friends on fishing trips, it's been a while now though. I think that's up close to Shiloh Military Park, am I right? That was always a favorite place for my kids.

I'm going to have to shut this thing off and get some sleep eye. Nice talking with you, and you too Glinda and everybody. Good night, hope everybody has a great day tomorrow.

All rights For All!

#3970 Feb 6, 2013
Ok, all. I think I am going to put my body in a different position for the night. I have really enjoyed my evening with you all and i wish you all a fantastic night.

See you in the morning.

unreals_dad

Location hidden

#3971 Feb 6, 2013
In-Like-Flynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you enjoyed your cabin, Pickwick's got some gorgeous places. I been a couple of times with friends on fishing trips, it's been a while now though. I think that's up close to Shiloh Military Park, am I right? That was always a favorite place for my kids.
I'm going to have to shut this thing off and get some sleep eye. Nice talking with you, and you too Glinda and everybody. Good night, hope everybody has a great day tomorrow.
Shiloh was close . Bed time for me 2 . catch yas l8ers . Nite yall

All rights For All!

#3972 Feb 6, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I know! My daughter was a terror to potty train. It seemed like it took forever.
That's where a good rope to tie them to the toilet and feeding them less works really well. Now before you say anything, think of it this way, the girl is going to want to be skinny when she grows up anyways, right?!? And making her stay in the bathroom, well, that is second nature also. So your only working with what nature gave you.

“AKA Glinda”

West Virginia

#3973 Feb 6, 2013
I've enjoyed all of you immensely tonight, but I'm going to bid you adieu.

Good night everyone!! May you dream sweetly, sleep peacefully and wake up to a beautiful morning.*Hugs*

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3974 Feb 7, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! That was cute.
My new wife's three sons used cheerios for target practice. Years back while going into a public restaurant, I noticed cheerios in the toilet. My thought was "What nut poured cheerios in the toilet?" It wasn't until she told me how she potty trained them, that I realized I had just come out of a classroom. ;)

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3975 Feb 7, 2013
Here's a funny for the day:
A man's pen!s gets sunburned so he sticks it in a glass of milk. His blonde girlfriend walks in & says OMG! Is that how you reload it?

Location hidden

#3976 Feb 7, 2013
Lady -G- wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't talked to her in a few days. If you get in touch with her, tell her to check in please.
Talked to her last night, she was off to see Dad but is back home now! I will tell her to check in! I scolded her for being MIA lol

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3977 Feb 7, 2013
Food for thought:
Her Name is Rose

The first day of school our professor
introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.
I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a
smile that lit up her entire being.
She said,'Hi handsome. My name is
Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I
give you a hug?' I laughed and enthusiastically responded,'Of course you may!'and she gave me a giant squeeze.'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked. She jokingly replied,'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...''No seriously,' I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!'she told me. After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate
milkshake. We became instant friends.

Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this 'time machine' as she shared her wisdom and experience with me. Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made
friends wherever she went. She loved to
dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.

At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor. Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said,'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'As we laughed she cleared her throat and
began,'We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty
years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.
Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.' She concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose.'

She challenged each of us to study the
lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep. Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

When you finish reading this, please send this peaceful word of advice to
your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it!

These words have been passed along in
loving memory of ROSE.

REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a
Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm
passage.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Theo

Charleston, WV

#3978 Feb 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Here's a funny for the day:
A man's pen!s gets sunburned so he sticks it in a glass of milk. His blonde girlfriend walks in & says OMG! Is that how you reload it?
That's the best one yet....good one for sure!Lol.lol...lol..good one!!!

have a good day...

Location hidden

#3979 Feb 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Food for thought:
Her Name is Rose
The first day of school our professor
introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.
I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a
smile that lit up her entire being.
She said,'Hi handsome. My name is
Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I
give you a hug?' I laughed and enthusiastically responded,'Of course you may!'and she gave me a giant squeeze.'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked. She jokingly replied,'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...''No seriously,' I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!'she told me. After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate
milkshake. We became instant friends.
Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this 'time machine' as she shared her wisdom and experience with me. Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made
friends wherever she went. She loved to
dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.
At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor. Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said,'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'As we laughed she cleared her throat and
began,'We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty
years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.
Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.' She concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose.'
She challenged each of us to study the
lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep. Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.
When you finish reading this, please send this peaceful word of advice to
your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it!
These words have been passed along in
loving memory of ROSE.
REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a
Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm
passage.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Simply beautiful and totally correct! Yay Rose for living her dreams! Thanks for sharing that inspiration with us!

Location hidden

#3980 Feb 7, 2013
NorCal Thanks so much for sharing that inspiration with us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spenard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins!!! (Apr '11) 16 min -Prince- 2,355
Alaska Dispatch News Did Not Publish This Lette... Apr 29 Chris Deile 4
www.kathkylynmbeck.blogspot.com Apr 28 marty palin 1
REO Speedwagon - (Only A) Summer Love (Live) Apr 26 Minus Man_ 18
News A new LDS chapel rises in Muldoon (Jul '07) Apr 24 Tofi Yerks 3
News AK Beat: Anchorage police ask for public's help... (Oct '14) Oct '14 andres 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spenard Mortgages