Weidner Properties may owe you money - KTVA

There is a major legal blow to a local real estate giant as hundreds, possibly thousands, of dollars will now be paid back to some who were tenants in the last four years. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Krista

Eagle River, AK

#1 May 23, 2008
My husband and I are past tenants and were wondering if there have been any complaints about Weidner going to court and getting a sanction to take money out of peoples bank accounts without their knowledge. Because this happened to us. We didn't get notified about anything until the money was taken and I am a former employee along with being a past tenant. Please contact me if u can at atsirk77@yahoo.com! Thanks!!
Scammed by wiedner too

United States

#2 May 24, 2008

I've been scammed by wiedner too.
These sharks have sub-standard units and always take advantage of renters in the WORST way.
The apartment had dangerous and worse issues.
For instance; wires hanging out of the ceiling and walls, leaky windows, water damaged electrical sockets and the disposal switch inches away from the disposal unit.
When we moved out of thier dangerous firetrap they charged us for a complete renovation; including new doors and windows!!! When we refused to pay these jackels they took us to court.
Most of the other units had similar problems, when we asked for repairs they increased our rent.
WIEDNER IS EVIL AND NEEDS TO BURN!!!!
Greg

Wrangell, AK

#3 May 24, 2008
Weidner Properties is the Devil!!!!!!!
Toxic_apartment

Anchorage, AK

#4 May 27, 2008
My brother and his girlfriend rented an apartment from Wiedner and believe me, they are definitly scamming people. The apartments are not in good shape and they charge you for anything they can think of. Besides this, the apartment managers discourteous and unprofessional. They don't respond to tenant's concerns or complaints. All of this is enough for me to know I would never rent from them, however, the worst of it and the cherry of top is when my brother and his girlfriend had to be rushed to the emergency room for carbon monoxide poisoning (never found out where it was coming from). I was so scared they wouldn't be okay but thankfully they recovered. Incredibly, Weidner didn't do anything about it and actually was upset that my brother and I called the Fire Department about it. My brother and his girlfriend had to stay with me for a week while they found another apartment and Wiedner still charged them for breaking the lease! I'm glad to hear Wiedner is finally being exposed for the terrible and unprofessional business that it is.
Bailey

Anchorage, AK

#5 May 29, 2008
About time someone is doing somthing about Weidner they are constantly screwing everyone to make money. You also dont legally have to pay your water bill that they post for you to pay every month IF there is one meter (according to the landlord tenant act) but yet they call for it if it isn't paid. My friends appartment building was out of hot water for a whole month and they didn't take one dollar off of rent even though she couldnt wash dishes or even shower at her own house. They need to be forced to follow the rules instead of nickel and diming everyone they can.
Anti_Weidner

Anchorage, AK

#6 May 29, 2008
Everyone should get together and take them down. If there are enough complaints their lawyer wont be able to go around it. (if they are legit) They are not professional one bit. and to top everything they dont care every one that is in a position to do somthing in the company does nothing with anyones complaints - and theres no way of getting away from them, they own everything these days
Unhappy camper

Anchorage, AK

#12 Jun 12, 2008
They are finally just getting around to making upgrades at the Club Apts and acually painting them! I told my neighbor the other day that I don't care how many coats of paint put on, it's still a dump. Now it's a painted up dump! It's a crime that people have to pay such high rent , you really don't get alot for your $$. In the winter the sidewalks and parking lots are a sheet of ice, my brother broke his leg one year. and then they say they're sanding the sidewalks but the problem is they dole it out with an eyedropper! I can't wait til they give us back some of that money, because I'm going to use it to move out when my lease is up. My friends sometimes ask what it's like to live there, and I just tell, don't even think about it, find something else unless you like being charged and nickel and dimed to death for every little thing. just don't loose your laundry card, though they can issue one for just pennies they'll charge you 75.00 to replace it. I'm sure they are dreaming up ways to make up for their losses. It will be interesting to see what scam they'll come up with next!
Nick

Anchorage, AK

#13 Jul 13, 2008
It's about time. They hire managers from the prison who treat tenants as if they are mere guests in their own rented apartments, steal everything they can from money to showerheads, and then if something is worn out and breaks, charge the tenant for the repairs. I can't believe they are allowed to stay in business.
Northern Justice Project

Anchorage, AK

#14 Jul 20, 2008
Unhappy camper wrote:
They are finally just getting around to making upgrades at the Club Apts and acually painting them! I told my neighbor the other day that I don't care how many coats of paint put on, it's still a dump. Now it's a painted up dump! It's a crime that people have to pay such high rent , you really don't get alot for your $$. In the winter the sidewalks and parking lots are a sheet of ice, my brother broke his leg one year. and then they say they're sanding the sidewalks but the problem is they dole it out with an eyedropper! I can't wait til they give us back some of that money, because I'm going to use it to move out when my lease is up. My friends sometimes ask what it's like to live there, and I just tell, don't even think about it, find something else unless you like being charged and nickel and dimed to death for every little thing. just don't loose your laundry card, though they can issue one for just pennies they'll charge you 75.00 to replace it. I'm sure they are dreaming up ways to make up for their losses. It will be interesting to see what scam they'll come up with next!
We are the lawyers that sued Weidner over its illegal fees. It will only be when tenants stand up for themselves, and each other, that abusive landlords will be brought to heel. We would be interested in hearing from folks who paid Weidner $75.00 for a new laundry card and/or folks who pay those strange water bills Weidner hands out. You may contact us at northernjusticeproject@yahoo.c om. We represent tenants free of charge.
Anonymous Employee

Eagle River, AK

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Dean Weidner is a billionaire from all the rents he rips off tenants. Well, I'm an employee and he rips us off too. He has his upper management rule with an iron fist to suck every penny out of you.
As for the employees, their motto is that they value their employees! Right! The staff works 60+ hours a week for nothing. No appreciation! This Christmas each employee received a $25 gift card to Fred Meyers! Wow! Really? We rip off the tenents to benefit Mr. Wiedner for this? Yeah, really appreciated!
Sorry folks... just doing my job. Take my advice, go somewhere else!!!!!
AKReflex

Newington, CT

#16 Dec 22, 2008
Former resident / spouse of former employee.

You would not believe how much of this is actually true. Employees are treated like dirt, and tenants even worse.

These claims are NOT A JOKE! The Club, Alpine Apts...tip of the iceberg.

If there is still an attorney that is interested in an employer abuse case, please e-mail me at ak_nights2003@yahoo.c om
Weidner Ripped Me Off

Elmendorf Afb, AK

#17 Jan 4, 2009
This company is without doubt one of the worst in the United States. They are SCUM. And I for one would love to piss on Dean Weidners grave.
Connie Durand

Anchorage, AK

#18 Feb 7, 2009
Your tenant in the apartment above us in 5410 Mockingbird Drive is violating the Animal Control Noise Ordinance 17.05.010 for Chronic Animal Noise.

This subsection states: "Chronic animal noise means repeated vocalization by an animal or animals for
more than seven consecutive minutes during the daytime noise period from 7:00 a.m. to
10:00 p.m. and more than five consecutive minutes during the nighttime noise period
from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Daytime noise generated by a licensed facility in its
reasonable and customary manner of operation only during feeding and
loading/unloading times is excused to a maximum of 20 consecutive minutes."

Please correct this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you,

-Connie
Apt. 008
get a life

New Baltimore, MI

#19 Feb 16, 2009
Weidner properties are not scammers. You just dont read your lease and do everything you can to get your deposits back. If you had any problems you could have had a lawer take a look at the lease to see if it was verified. It is up to you to be responsable and knowledgeable enough to take action and grow up! stop blaming people on your problems and get up off your lazy butts and do something my deposit and lease were confermed and i got all my money back. and i have no complaints. just stop complaining and move somewhere else if your not happy. but i guarentee you there is worse places..
BMW

United States

#20 Mar 11, 2009
Mr. get a life, you are wrong. Weidner is a horrible company and I will never rent fromt hem again. They charge ridiculous rental amounts for substandard housing. Additionally they do not safely maintain their properties, their water bills are suspect (no real explanation of charges) and they do anything and everything they can to keep deposits. I suspect that they do not follow AS 30.070.04 (c) which states deposits must be kept in seperate accounts. They already have one judgement against them concerning late fees. I will never live in one of their "communities" again and I pray for the day when this company goes belly up.
Tnv

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 Mar 13, 2009
Krista wrote:
My husband and I are past tenants and were wondering if there have been any complaints about Weidner going to court and getting a sanction to take money out of peoples bank accounts without their knowledge. Because this happened to us. We didn't get notified about anything until the money was taken and I am a former employee along with being a past tenant. Please contact me if u can at atsirk77@yahoo.com! Thanks!!
Ok so things aren't any better in Canada. I live in Winnipeg, MB and i found out they incerased their rent 11.75% in the matter of a few months which is illegal in manitoba, not only that I had a manager fraudulently sign a cheque on my behalf, her excuse... absolutely nothing besides a sorry, it was wrong.
Northern Justice Project

Anchorage, AK

#22 Apr 27, 2009
Employees have the legal right to get paid overtime. And employers, who fail to pay correct overtime, are subject to severe penalities, payable to the employee.

If you worked 60 hours and were not paid ovetime you may have a good case. Please contact us for a free consultation.
Anonymous Employee wrote:
Dean Weidner is a billionaire from all the rents he rips off tenants. Well, I'm an employee and he rips us off too. He has his upper management rule with an iron fist to suck every penny out of you.
As for the employees, their motto is that they value their employees! Right! The staff works 60+ hours a week for nothing. No appreciation! This Christmas each employee received a $25 gift card to Fred Meyers! Wow! Really? We rip off the tenents to benefit Mr. Wiedner for this? Yeah, really appreciated!
Sorry folks... just doing my job. Take my advice, go somewhere else!!!!!
mobabymo19

Anchorage, AK

#23 May 5, 2009
They are scammers. I have a security deposite check that I found for 500. Im going to have to take them to small claims court just to get my money because They are refusing to pay me back for it. When you deal with them just know what your talking about and dont let them intimidate you, and if you think the ripped you off go talk to a lawyer about the sisuation. But the Legacy, they like to take advantage of Military families. Beware
Ceclie Viveros

Anchorage, AK

#24 May 7, 2009
I am also a former tenant and when I moved in I felt so tricked and frustrated!
When we went to pull up the curtains they were rigged and just crumpled up and were ruined (we replaced). My shower knob fell off and we had to use a vice grip for almost a month until it was finally fixed, our front door deadbolt was the only lock that was working (our door would not stay shut!), there is/was exposed electrical wires and panels outside, my electric coil on my stove blew up in a flame and it never was replaced as I changed every light bulb as well!
This is not all, when I was moving out they tried to tell me I HAD to have the carpets professionally cleaned (even though I KNOW they were not done before we moved in) and we had to paint. Well, we were there for almost 2 years and I know what is normal wear and tear, but I felt like if you live somewhere it is right to clean the carpets as well as everything else! I threatened to give everyone in the building a copy of the Tenant Landlord Act booklet and they decided to give me my entire deposit back!
THIS IS THE WORST:
When I was in the office the final time the landlord (female) asked where I was moving/how much I was going to pay and I informed her we were buying a home and she says "How did YOU qualify for a place, I couldn't even qualify." Now, why would anyone say that? She was so rude! I gave her my New real estate card (I had just got hired and passed the test) and told her if she ever gets qualified to give me a call! I still don't know if it was because I rented and she assumed I didn't have a good job, or because I am Hispanic, or because she was a mean person??
My email is ceclie_viveros_13@hotmail.com if anyone needs it!
I moved two years ago

Anchorage, AK

#25 Jun 18, 2009
They charged me for carpet, shade and whatever else cleaning after I moved out. They didn't even have a signed agreement that I was going to clean the carpets when I moved. When I moved in the place hadn't been cleaned or painted and they still charged me a deposit. I left the place much cleaner than it was when I moved in.

They still owe me 500 dollars because they kept my deposit. I don't have much hope of ever getting it back. And I was being charged for water useage.
I still have all of my paperwork.
Weidner is a scumbag slum lord. Beware

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spenard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drivetrain thumping Nov 21 Riparian 2
Call 1~855~205~0915 for Best Spyware, Adware or... Nov 21 TechSupport 1
AK Beat: Anchorage police ask for public's help... Oct '14 andres 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
Missing woman's family to hold vigil on her bir... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Cindy Holland 1
@steveshears: I'm at Spenard Roadhouse (Anchora... (Nov '12) Nov '12 kenneth j spenard 2
Anchorage Police Identify Millennium Hotel Murd... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Just concerned 1
Spenard Dating
Find my Match

Spenard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Spenard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Spenard

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:19 pm PST