Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Does the F-22 go supersonic over land, and private and public properties and the residents under that airspace in AK. We had read that is was going to impact native people in the area, but never heard that anyone else would be affected. Do the sonic booms, focused booms take place almost daily if they are taking place where most of the public live?
Richard Powell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Thought once that they were doing them, but not sure though. It might be illegal to do this, but I lost my bag with documantation in it about what I thought was sonic booms and was wondering if that's why you brought this up?
Curious

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

I brought this up because Holloman AFB, NM aircraft is allowing the F-22 and it's other aircraft to conduct sonic booms,combat training and use of chaff, flares, and other military actions over public and private properties in Southern New Mexico there are plans on expanding into other counties in NM and West Texas using airspace over the public as "primary airspace" for use by various aircraft in the future. The public concerns are being basically ignored by the AF, FAA, and elected officials at different levels. What is being done in NM has never been done in other areas of the country and tens of thousands of people and animals and also private properties and environment are being negatively affected. I was interested in knowing if this is taking place in AK too and to what extent is it affecting people,the animals,and whole environments.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Curious wrote:
I brought this up because Holloman AFB, NM aircraft is allowing the F-22 and it's other aircraft to conduct sonic booms,combat training and use of chaff, flares, and other military actions over public and private properties in Southern New Mexico there are plans on expanding into other counties in NM and West Texas using airspace over the public as "primary airspace" for use by various aircraft in the future. The public concerns are being basically ignored by the AF, FAA, and elected officials at different levels. What is being done in NM has never been done in other areas of the country and tens of thousands of people and animals and also private properties and environment are being negatively affected. I was interested in knowing if this is taking place in AK too and to what extent is it affecting people,the animals,and whole environments.
Instead of bitching about sonic booms, you should embrace them as they are the sound of freedom. Go hug a cactus.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Curious wrote:
Does the F-22 go supersonic over land, and private and public properties and the residents under that airspace in AK. We had read that is was going to impact native people in the area, but never heard that anyone else would be affected. Do the sonic booms, focused booms take place almost daily if they are taking place where most of the public live?
I've lived in Alaska for over 20 years and I have yet to hear a single sonic boom. I've heard them elsewhere including Edwards AFB in California and found them no more annoying than a sudden loud thunderclap from a nearby lightning strike.
Tell the Truth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

"Loud Thunderclap", Edwards AFB, CA...you must be associated with the military or government. That's how they describe sonic booms "like close thunder, like distant thunder, like a thunder clap." How ridiculous. Peoples homes are being cracked all over, and people are even having concusions in some areas of NM, bleeding of nostrils after sonic booms, etc., animals going wild. Apparently, you haven't been around what is going on in NM and apparently they aren't sonic booming over densely populated communities in most areas of AK. We'll find out how the poor native people are doing in AK with he sonic booms.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

I'm a cat and just look at what those sonic booms have done to me!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Tell the Truth wrote:
"Loud Thunderclap", Edwards AFB, CA...you must be associated with the military or government. That's how they describe sonic booms "like close thunder, like distant thunder, like a thunder clap." How ridiculous. Peoples homes are being cracked all over, and people are even having concusions in some areas of NM, bleeding of nostrils after sonic booms, etc., animals going wild. Apparently, you haven't been around what is going on in NM and apparently they aren't sonic booming over densely populated communities in most areas of AK. We'll find out how the poor native people are doing in AK with he sonic booms.
I see you've already been shot down on the Alamagordo forum in the "Weed NM Sonic Booms meeting" thread as well as others. You can expect the same here.

As for the "poor native people" dealing with sonic booms, even if they could hear them they're not going to care as long as they (along with every other Alaskan resident) continue receiving their annual $1000+ per head Permanent Fund Dividend payment.
Tell the Truth

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

It's easy to see that AK probably more than likely has some problems going on with sonic booms that should be looked at further. As far as opinions from those who want to keep things as they are in AK, these forums are not the deciding factor in what is right or wrong. That's why there are humane organizations and lawyers.
zigzag

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Tell the Truth wrote:
It's easy to see that AK probably more than likely has some problems going on with sonic booms that should be looked at further. As far as opinions from those who want to keep things as they are in AK, these forums are not the deciding factor in what is right or wrong. That's why there are humane organizations and lawyers.
Yawn. Boring.
Dale

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

I have lived in Alaska for 30+ years, both in Anchorage near JBER and further out. I spend a great deal of my free time out in the bush hunting/fishing and have never once heard a sonic boom here. I have heard them in the lower 48 though.

Additionally, I have never once heard of any natives, either groups or individuals, mention them either.

You just came in here with some personal agenda to try and stir some sh**, didn't you?
DavidM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

I live in the Chena Hot Springs Area near Fairbanks and I can tell you for the last week we've experienced no less than 10 very strong sonic booms this past week, in fact that last one was less than 10 minutes ago.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

DavidM wrote:
I live in the Chena Hot Springs Area near Fairbanks and I can tell you for the last week we've experienced no less than 10 very strong sonic booms this past week, in fact that last one was less than 10 minutes ago.
You're a liar because I've been in CHS for the last 3 weeks and I there have been no sonic booms. Try again clown.
Trixie

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

DavidM wrote:
Let us know what the sonic boom activity is in AK.
Andy

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Curious wrote:
I do live in Anchorage Alaska and I am hearing and dealing with the effects of the Sonic Booms 3-6 times a week, calling APD they claim they have no idea what I am talking about. Initially the lights flicker as if someone hit a power box then we hear the boom. Sounds as if a plane hit our building....
Andy

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

The latest boom was at 7:40PM I live in the Turnagain area..... I would like to know what is happening. This is extremely disturbing to say the least. Not to mention I truly beleave that there is something bigger then what we can imagine happening here in Alaska. Because of it being a popular Tourist attraction and many many more reasons that there is a HUGE cover up. I posted some things on my FACEBOOK account that was happening in our area and my account is NOT accessible any longer no matter what I do to retrieve it. I know, I know BIG SURPRISE RIGHT!It will be a miracle if there isnt any repercussions for simply posting my comments now. I hope someone can even read this other then the ones being paid to make the rest look insane.
solomon

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

i was in AK in july [2012], along the denali highway [approx midway]and heard one.there were 3 of us and it scared the cripes out of us...didnt see an aircraft though.
Agent X-5

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Andy wrote:
The latest boom was at 7:40PM I live in the Turnagain area..... I would like to know what is happening. This is extremely disturbing to say the least. Not to mention I truly beleave that there is something bigger then what we can imagine happening here in Alaska. Because of it being a popular Tourist attraction and many many more reasons that there is a HUGE cover up. I posted some things on my FACEBOOK account that was happening in our area and my account is NOT accessible any longer no matter what I do to retrieve it. I know, I know BIG SURPRISE RIGHT!It will be a miracle if there isnt any repercussions for simply posting my comments now. I hope someone can even read this other then the ones being paid to make the rest look insane.
Get out of Alaska NOW! They're tracking your every move with that microchip they implanted inside your head! They've been making you THINK you hear sonic booms as part of a ploy to control your mind.
curious

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do live in Anchorage Alaska and I am hearing and dealing with the effects of the Sonic Booms 3-6 times a week, calling APD they claim they have no idea what I am talking about. Initially the lights flicker as if someone hit a power box then we hear the boom. Sounds as if a plane hit our building....
Obviously someone needs to be accountable for what is going on there too. Thanks for responding.
curious

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

DavidM wrote:
Those sonic booms shouldn't be done in proximity of human and animals life. They aren't the sound of freedom as some say, they are the sound of abuse of power. This issue needs to be looked into there and here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spenard Discussions

Search the Spenard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Sat texas pete 49
Homer Chihuahua survives owl abduction and hit ... Sat Chris Deile 31
Pat Metheny Tells The Truth About Jaco Apr 18 Bruce Deile 31
In Alaska, it seems they've been slimed (Jul '09) Apr 17 Beefcurtains 8
Alaska State Troopers (Jan '11) Apr 17 For real 91
All Alone Am I: Jocelyne and Jacqueline Apr 16 Bruce Deile 13
NeuroScience Study: Marijuana = Brain Abnormali... Apr 16 Bruce Deile 10
•••
•••