Competition is good

Tazewell, TN

#41 May 24, 2012
Look guys i think competition is good it gets the prices lowered for everybody. Lets just be glad somebody came in and gave some jobs.
mike mables

United States

#42 Jul 12, 2012
i cant belive there selling stuff for what they pay for it because with there overhead 10 percent dont add up to much unless you got alot of customers every time i go through there it is empty and food citys parking lot is always packed they need to get off their high horses if there paying that price for stuff they need to find some where else to buy
Another Frugal shopper

Tazewell, TN

#43 Jul 18, 2012
Went to the new store . Bought 16 items, then went to food city bought the same 16 items. The cost was $2.34 cent more. No saving here.
10 is GREAT

United States

#44 Jul 18, 2012
mike mables wrote:
i cant belive there selling stuff for what they pay for it because with there overhead 10 percent dont add up to much unless you got alot of .....
Actually....from what I have heard about the grocery business....the average net profit margin is around 3%.

If so....then 10% would be great. When I worked at a chain grocery store YEARS ago....we were beginning to do $ 100,0000 days....like on Fridays when folks got paid. And that was like 20 years ago.

For 1 store with mostly min. wage part-time employees to clear $3,000 in ONE day is not bad.

In just a few busy hours, groceries....I learned....really start to ad up.
Beer

York, SC

#45 Jul 19, 2012
MarvinsK9 wrote:
How can they sell beer? Is it not too close to the church? I was under the impression FC could not sell due to that reason.
I would like to know the same thing.
Beerman

Mauldin, SC

#46 Aug 10, 2012
When te church added on it changed the zoning so now try are outside of the line and able to sell. They also have the cheapest beer prices in town even with the 10 percent because they don't have to pay to stock it. Cheapest beer in town and cheapest meat too.
The greatest

Mauldin, SC

#47 Aug 10, 2012
I bought a whole ribeye there for 45 bucks good luck finding that at FC for under 110. Great quality too best I've had.
shopper

United States

#48 Aug 11, 2012
I live fresh n low they have the best meat and I love how their potatoes are the same price all the time as well as the milk, you tell me where else you can get meat, potatoes, or Mayfield milk that cheap?? Food city or ingles can not touch this store, not even save a lot can!!
lil momma

Ooltewah, TN

#50 Sep 14, 2012
Where is this store? Im not from Tazewell but Sharps Chapel instead.
grow up

United States

#51 Sep 14, 2012
Are we still in high school. Grow up. Its a nice store.
Concerned wrote:
The store is ok except for what goes on with in. They have the worst store manager charlie short! possible. He can't keep his stuff in his pants long enough to get the work done so I wouldn't be surprised if he don't make the store go under himself!!!!
HappyHappy

Tazewell, TN

#52 Sep 14, 2012
lil momma wrote:
Where is this store? Im not from Tazewell but Sharps Chapel instead.
New Tazewell , where old foodcity use to be . Really it is nice store and good price on selective items.
shame on u

United States

#53 Sep 14, 2012
This is the same guy who is trying to turn his life around goes to church and doesnt bother anyone wow shame on you!
Concerned wrote:
The store is ok except for what goes on with in. They have the worst store manager charlie short! possible. He can't keep his stuff in his pants long enough to get the work done so I wouldn't be surprised if he don't make the store go under himself!!!!
John

Corbin, KY

#54 Nov 4, 2012
Yes you will see this added to your bill.
If you get something and its marked $1.00, when you get to the register your bill will be $1.10 + tax.
A price tags sole function is to tell the buyer what the price HE/SHE will be paying. I don't give a rats ass about how much the store pays for anything. It's not my job to give a damn about how much they pay for carrots, or how much they pay their employees.
I only care about and need to know how much I will be paying.
This crap about adding %10 at the counter is just a way for them to be able to have a lower 'sticker' price even though the actual cost to the buyer is higher.
EVER price tag for EVERY item they sell at this place is a LIE.
It is also an insult to the people who shop their.
Like2B Insulted

United States

#55 Nov 6, 2012
John wrote:
...It is also an insult to the people who shop their.
Apparently folks don't mind being insulted...or at least enough don't .

They're still in business.
whisper

United States

#56 Nov 10, 2012
I love the store,great prices as far as the others are concerned,and you can find a few items there that you can't find anywhere else.I go there often.
anon

Tazewell, TN

#57 Nov 10, 2012
John wrote:
Yes you will see this added to your bill.
If you get something and its marked $1.00, when you get to the register your bill will be $1.10 + tax.
A price tags sole function is to tell the buyer what the price HE/SHE will be paying. I don't give a rats ass about how much the store pays for anything. It's not my job to give a damn about how much they pay for carrots, or how much they pay their employees.
I only care about and need to know how much I will be paying.
This crap about adding %10 at the counter is just a way for them to be able to have a lower 'sticker' price even though the actual cost to the buyer is higher.
EVER price tag for EVERY item they sell at this place is a LIE.
It is also an insult to the people who shop their.
I hate to tell you, but all the stores charge a percentage on their items. They usually just put it on the shelf price and you never know about it. The whole idea of the 10% is to LET YOU KNOW that they only charge ten percent on EVERY item rather than 20, 30,40, or even 50% on an item. Check your Wal Mart recents, they have percents on there, too. It's a store profit, like every other store has. Estimating 10% to your bill isn't difficult.
Employee

Tazewell, TN

#58 Nov 10, 2012
mike mables wrote:
i cant belive there selling stuff for what they pay for it because with there overhead 10 percent dont add up to much unless you got alot of customers every time i go through there it is empty and food citys parking lot is always packed they need to get off their high horses if there paying that price for stuff they need to find some where else to buy
We get quite a bit of business. Food City's parking lot is smaller, therefor, looks crowded more easily.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#59 Nov 11, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to tell you, but all the stores charge a percentage on their items. They usually just put it on the shelf price and you never know about it. The whole idea of the 10% is to LET YOU KNOW that they only charge ten percent on EVERY item rather than 20, 30,40, or even 50% on an item. Check your Wal Mart recents, they have percents on there, too. It's a store profit, like every other store has. Estimating 10% to your bill isn't difficult.
So, you go to Walmart and you buy a tv. The price is $350. They then add another 10, 20, 30 etc. percent on top of that at the checkout???? I don't think so. Go back to school, learn to read and do math, and then come back here to have an intelligent conversation. How ignorant. btw, I did the comparison shopping and got a better deal on everything at Food City, except for the Mayfields milk. Not a problem, because I buy my milk at Walmart...at least a dollar cheaper there.
Me Too

Ooltewah, TN

#60 Nov 11, 2012
SoulSista2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you go to Walmart and you buy a tv. The price is $350. They then add another 10, 20, 30 etc. percent on top of that at the checkout???? I don't think so. Go back to school, learn to read and do math, and then come back here to have an intelligent conversation. How ignorant. btw, I did the comparison shopping and got a better deal on everything at Food City, except for the Mayfields milk. Not a problem, because I buy my milk at Walmart...at least a dollar cheaper there.
UGO has the cheapest Mayfield milk around.
Hey - Einstein

United States

#61 Nov 11, 2012
SoulSista2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you go to Walmart and you buy a tv. The price is $350. They then add another...How ignorant...
Hey Einstein, why don't YOU try to follow a little logic.

The discussion here is OBVIOUSLY about groceries, not electronics.

The inability to filter like for like when comparing 2 stores (one of which only sells groceries, and the other selling groceries and electronics) simply indicates a weak mind.

Oh, and I hope your twisted ankle has healed okay. In the future, why not give up trying walk and chew gum at the same time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think im married to Satan 1 hr someone who knows 30
Drug Raids In Claiborne 5-18-2018 16 hr Charlie Bob 7
Tommy Rosenbalm (Jun '13) Sat Riddle me that 12
Nikki & tonya (Jan '15) Fri Frank 17
Hometown Breakfast and Lunch Fri Jimmy Hogan 11
Jealousy, envy , gossip Valley Fri Frank Durbin 1
Bill Keck being excavated May 18 Sammy The Bull 15

Speedwell Jobs

Personal Finance

Speedwell Mortgages