Indianapolis plans to move city fleet to electric, hybrid

Dec 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

INDIANAPOLIS A city spokesman says Indianapolis plans to replace its entire fleet with electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles by 2025.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Oh delite-full. How green and earth saving. I am sure no evil coal will be used to recharge them.
Moe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
Oh delite-full. How green and earth saving. I am sure no evil coal will be used to recharge them.
They are going to use GOP BS to make methane to charge them.

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

A well maintained traditional gasoline engine can be expected to run reliably for over 150,000 miles. While the fact that electric vehicles can get from point A to B without using gasoline is a good thing, they are more expensive and we don't know how long they will last. If the vehicles need to be replaced a few years earlier than a comparable gas model would then that will cut into the expected savings.

I haven't heard of any company in the private sector switching to an all electric fleet. I suspect that the mayor would think twice about making such a drastic move if he was risking his own money rather than public funds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Speedway Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Speedway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••