Road closure controversy in Speedway

Road closure controversy in Speedway

There are 2 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Road closure controversy in Speedway. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Controversy in Speedway between Allison Transmission and other people who live and work in the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

JJB

Arlington, VA

#1 Nov 19, 2008
I just don't by the "security" argument. The gates to their parking lots are wide open. Anyone can drive in and up alongside the building. I've gone in to make a u-turn during snow storms when the traffic is backed up. Using National Security isn't an excuse for everything corporate America wants. On the IUPUI campus working adults seem to have no problem crossing the street. Surely they have the skill to build a bridge or tunnel like everyone else.
Allison employee

Fishers, IN

#2 Nov 19, 2008
I worked at the Allison plants mentioned and the solution to the problem is a guard shack on the west side of Grande with a stop light/crosswalk they could control, NOT closing this street altogether.

Didn't Allison's Plant 14 somehow not make it on the property tax rolls for years and even after this was discovered they only had to pay seven years back taxes, shorting the city of Speedway out of millions of dollars? And now they want to take a public street???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They pull 19 kids and counting? 10 hr ima hoosier 7
News Woman shot dead during street robbery in Indian... 10 hr Tired of Gangsters 1
Jalyn and Monty 10 hr Tired of Gangsters 1
Joshua Scott somebody help me find him 20 hr Heaven 3
News Task force nets 2 suspects in crack cocaine sales (Mar '08) May 31 Chris w 48
Prostitutes at Buds truck stop in the 80's May 30 bun 3
News IMS unveiled 500 Festival cars. Apr '15 Jack 1
More from around the web

Speedway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]