Nightmare's antlers put Indiana DNR in new deer dispute

Feb 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The property owner who helped nab a poacher who shot a Marion County deer that local hunters had nicknamed "Nightmare" hasn't gotten the big buck's antlers as he had been promised.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
hope

Rushville, IN

#1 Feb 6, 2013
What is wrong with the DNR? It seems they are messing up all over our state. First they let dang near 2 years pass, knowing a deer is being kept at a home. Then they show up wanting to kill the deer. There's the other Marion county issue with the contained area with coyotes in cages where dogs practice chasing them- and it not being the right hunting season.(A judge was even involved with that one, telling the DNR to do something about it- but they didn't. And no, I don't fully understand that situation.) And now they won't give this guy the promised antlers, after he helped them.
Who is to say

Rushville, IN

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Did the Conservation Officers have the authority to make such a promise? You're right, the DNR brass needs to do some performance reviews with their subordinates and implement an improvement plan for the ones in need.
aint caring anyway

Morristown, IN

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Or hey...just maybe teh selfish people in this world, who want to benefit from our wildlife by keeping things of value or getting a really cool pet, actually lie or embelish the truth a whole lot, in order to get the media to convince pin head thinkers to believe in the ridiculous stories. I for one choose not to believe in anything the media throws our way, I think they are always out to stir everyone up and portray non-truths and half-truths as actuality. Were you there when the conservation officer made this so called promise?...was there any such thing said? Is this just someone's selfish manuever to get something that doesn't belong to him and gain from it? Wake up you decieved people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fast food strikes return amid push for wage hikes (Dec '13) 50 min swedenforever 24
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 4 hr jeppy 104
Search intensifies for missing Indianapolis baby 6 hr King George 3
Thanks, racist lady! (No, seriously!) 13 hr Skeptic 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 14 hr Georgie 252
Larue Carter right to work fired 50 good staff 15 hr bigdog 7
The truth about homicide in Indy (Jan '14) 16 hr Starlett Miller 200
•••
•••
•••

Speedway Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000