Special Report: Tank Tips

Special Report: Tank Tips

There are 24 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Special Report: Tank Tips. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

In a time when gas prices have pushed weather and sports aside in the water cooler talk, it seems everyone has an opinion about a great way to save gas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“That will be the day”

Since: Mar 08

Wilbur, Indiana

#21 Jul 8, 2008
Chris wrote:
I don't think the people that buy Hummers or huge vehicles in general are the ones complaining. In reality, they knew that was the risk you take when buying those big SUV's. So most of those who buy those type of vehicles do not care about the price of gas. The ones that lease those type of vehicles, that may be another story.
For business men and farmers the total cost of a leased vehicle can be tax deductable.
No name

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jul 8, 2008
How about just stop talking about gas. Whenever the media states gas is going up is does - I can't help but think you all are the cause for gas prices fluctuating so much. You posted a story yesterday and gas went from 3.95 to 4.19 in the afternoon - now this morning it is down to 3.99. Just stop talking about it.
plb

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jul 8, 2008
go_slower-save_gas wrote:
I think the number one piece of advice in this column is the 'slow down' advice. I keep track of my gas mileage for every tankful that I put in my car (2007 Corolla). Going 70 mph on the highway (w/ 90% highway miles) gave me appx. 36 mpg. I now do a max of 60 mph and my mileage increased to a 41 mpg avg. with a best of 43.4 mpg with no air on and the windows rolled up! A little warm to be sure, but I saved a lot on gas!
I agree from experience. I travel 4-5 states per week on the road and slowing down saves alot of fuel, which helps us to put food on the table. Whats funny is Indiana and Ohio the drivers still seem to be speeding more than the other states, yet Indiana has of the highest prices. I don't think the price affects as many hoosiers as the media would like us to think. When I see people speeding, I wonder how much money they must be making at there jobs.
TechKnill

United States

#24 Jul 15, 2008
Teresa wrote:
Oh, bull. It is better to drive with the air conditioning on than off. If the windows are open it creates more drag.
Also, keep the oil changed. Keep the tires properly inflated. Do not use the drive up at restaurants or the banks.
Pretty soon you will have to sell gas back to the companies. HA!
This is true "MythBusters" had an episode proving that the drag of open windows reduce yor fuel as much as 3% over running the A/C. They also proved that it is better to run with the tail gate up when driving an open bed truck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moore is out 10 min nono 3
Eviction on the horizon 2 hr Blessed Be 4
Gloria Allred's daughter 2 hr TrumpedRoyMoore 6
Democrat WINS Alabama 2 hr TrumpedRoyMoore 4
Obama supporters rapes 3 women 3 hr Greenfield is Great 2
Goodyear 3 hr Greenfield is Great 2
News Jeff Miller served protection order at meeting 5 hr amen 3

Speedway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance