IMPD makes quick arrest in northeast side homicide

Full story: WISH-TV 8 Indiana News

Metro police have identified the suspect in a deadly shooting on the city's northeast side.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
someone who cares

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

ihave the family in my prayers
Quick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Rest in peace to the victom of yet another petty crime. God bless the world to come to understanding. Thy shall not kill. If that is who I think it is I went to school with her. She was a sweet young woman. She could have had a bright future. I am sorry to her family. Rest in peace Brittany. May God bless her soul. Much love. I wish the streets would learn a lesson from this. Violence doesn't solve anything.
Fellow Classmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

It's really sad that this had to happen to my classmate of 06' (Lawrence Central). Never thought I would see this day. May she rest in peace and God Bless her family. My prayers go out...
Food 4thought

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

We Were Just Out at Broad Ripple.....never once to cross our minds that life on Earth would soon end.
God Bless you Brit! may you rest peacefully.
You will be missed, you were adored. Prayers go out to all.

Now we all must Celebrate her new Life ABOVE...
End The Violence
CharlieDontSurf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Very sad that we can't convince the right component of the population that stupid people make stupid criminals. Stupid criminals get caught easily. Then they sit in jail and eventually realize that there were other people much smarter than them who arranged for them to be in jail. Rather than talk about right and wrong, we need to convince stupid people to not break the law in the first place. Now we have one innocent victim dead and one big turrd headed for the septic tank.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

RIP Brit, you will be missed by so many, many that remember you and your bright smile and joyful ways.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Bobby Knight wrote:
3300 block of orchard says it all. Look at the suspects' race. Get out of our town!
God help YOU!!!
We all miss you TinkyBaby

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Never thought this day would come so soon or so sudden...You were such a joy to all that ever had a chance to get to know and meet you...Your smile, laugh, strong will, and personality were like no other...You will truly be missed and never forgotten. We love you we miss you and everything is now ok, because there is no more pain, worry, no more sadness...We know God has you wrapped tightly in his arms and you are in a much better place...See you when we get there...Love Danyell and family, Kymi and family, and although you may not have remembered me that well--Indya...RIP...and we know that if it's in God's plan all that happened behind closed doors will come to the surface in Jesus name...God Bless!!!
Brittany Alexander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

WALTER J HAWKINS
DOC Number 978065
First Name WALTER
Middle Name J
Last Name HAWKINS
Suffix
Date of Birth 05/00/1982
Gender Male
Race Black
Facility/Location Returned to court authority on release
Earliest Possible Release Date *
*An offender whose projected release date falls on a weekend or holiday will be released the first working day prior to the weekend or holiday.
12/16/2003

Sentence Information
Date of Sentence 10/25/2000
Description CARJACKING
Term in Years / Months / Days 05 11 00030

Type of Conviction FB
Indiana Citation Code 35-42-5-2
Cause Number 49G020002CF030890
County of Conviction MARION
Projected Release Date 12/16/2003

Sentence Information
Description FIREARM W/I 1M' SCHOOL PROP. W/O LICENSE
Term in Years / Months / Days 04 00 00000

Type of Conviction FC
Indiana Citation Code 35-47-2-1
Projected Release Date 12/15/2003

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

Euthenize the animal. The only humane thing to do. Its not fair to the animal to allow it to do what is in its nature, then cage it for it. Just put it down. It can't be trained or trusted. Just put it out of its misery...and ours.
Ashlee J

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

Brittney you will truly be missed.you were a great person inside and out and i think that everyone that you came across you knows that. you may not have seen me in a while but this hurts as much as if we were around each other.To the man who dis this to such a beautiful person inside and out;only god knows what he has in store for you!GOD BLESS HER FAMILY!!!
Uncle Kerry Lisa Kendra

South Otselic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Judged:

Brit we will surely miss you and your smile and laughter. we love you
Steve Alexander_Maria

Brownsburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

Dear Brittany Jordan Alexander,
Our faith in God has made these moments easier. Knowing that we will meet with you in heaven someday brings peace to us.
We will miss you always, and we still don't understand why this had to happen.
We will miss your pretty smile and cute laugh.
Peace be with you
With all of our love
Dad and Maria
sierria mitchell

Waynesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

brittany jordan alexander may u rest in peace till we met again your not gone your just in a better place and im sorry that this had to happen to you so soon and we just got done talkin the other day i will miss u so much and i will never for get you and may good bless you and your family i love you lil buddy i will see you soon!!!!!
Kent

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Brittany Alexander wrote:
WALTER J HAWKINS
DOC Number 978065
First Name WALTER
Middle Name J
Last Name HAWKINS
Suffix
Date of Birth 05/00/1982
Gender Male
Race Black
Facility/Location Returned to court authority on release
Earliest Possible Release Date *
*An offender whose projected release date falls on a weekend or holiday will be released the first working day prior to the weekend or holiday.
12/16/2003
Sentence Information
Description CARJACKING
Term in Years / Months / Days 05 11 00030
Type of Conviction FB
Indiana Citation Code 35-42-5-2
Projected Release Date 12/16/2003
Sentence Information
Description FIREARM W/I 1M' SCHOOL PROP. W/O LICENSE
Term in Years / Months / Days 04 00 00000
Type of Conviction FC
Indiana Citation Code 35-47-2-1
Projected Release Date 12/15/2003
5 yrs for a violent felony such as car jacking???
Then serves less than 2 yrs?? I'm outraged!!! Why isn't there a public outcry?? Does he have an "inside" connection? Was he a friend of someone? There should be an investigation into this.. The court's job is to protect citizens by getting these types off the streets. Anything less is CRIMINAL!!
plb

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Kent wrote:
<quoted text>
5 yrs for a violent felony such as car jacking???
Then serves less than 2 yrs?? I'm outraged!!! Why isn't there a public outcry?? Does he have an "inside" connection? Was he a friend of someone? There should be an investigation into this.. The court's job is to protect citizens by getting these types off the streets. Anything less is CRIMINAL!!
Kent, While I can certainly understand your outrage, consider the reality. There will not be any investigations, hearings, or fact finding missions. This goes on all the time. It's not about favoritism, its about judges that have made decisions based on one simple truth. These people being released will NOT be in there neighborhoods. Don't even get me started about the ethics or morality of this crap.
an old highschool friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

To brittanys parents- May god be with you at this time... Brittany and I hungout several times during highschool and stayed a few times at my house i was shocked to hear this. She is a beautiful person all i could think of when i saw this on the news was not of her but her parents.I'm not worried about her because god chose this for her and she is safe with him. I just hope the family will be ok. I lost a boyfriend in 2004 to homicide and it haunts me everyday. At least they found who is responsible for this case and they will serve justice. I have spent way tioo much time thinking about him and it's hard to move on. I hope the family can eventually learn to accept this and not wear it on your sleeve everday.I mainly wanted you to know that you are not alone their are tons of us mourning right along with you!! I just saw brittany and her mom at el rodeo about a month ago...she asked if we were hiring at my job...you are a great person britt and we will all join you one day GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY !!!!
ashleyalexander

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I miss u everyday and I think about u everyday. U were such I beautiful person. I know ur looking down on me everyday that thought that makes it a lil easier everyday. Its been almost 5 years now, I have just now had the couarge to look up the sentencing of the idiot that took you away from me. As I read it I thought it might make me feel better, but it made me cry because no amount of years could be good enough. He took the one person away from me that was truly my best friend. I love u brittany jordan everyday, every hour, forever and forever. Ill see again one day until then please continue to watch over me.&#9829;&#9829;& #9829;&#9829;&#9829; &#9829;
janelemondrop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Love u cuzo.....sitting here thinking bout u and ur crazy laugh....good times for real... rest easy cuzo u aint missing nothing down here...u are right were god wants u to be and that my dear friend is the best place to be. Until we meet again LOVE U

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Speedway Discussions

Search the Speedway Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chokehold them brothas 2 hr Pontificating 3
Karen dehut 11 hr yearnin learnin 4
Frontenac Street Lawrence Indiana 9600 block BU... 11 hr yearnin learnin 1
A bar called the Green Onion (Mar '07) 13 hr Incense and Peppermints 4
The Big Phony Cop 14 hr Hot Coffee Krispy Kreme 5
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful Mon indysoccer 2
Odds of winning scratch-off jackpot may be high... (Jul '08) Sun scott37167 26
•••
•••