New poll sites add wrinkle to special...

New poll sites add wrinkle to special election

There are 41 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 8, 2008, titled New poll sites add wrinkle to special election. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tom Wood Ford Tom Wood Ford offers great deals on New and Pre-Owned vehicles in Indianapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mab

Traun, Austria

#1 Mar 9, 2008
What is to be confused about? You get a written INVITATION for the election with date and place. It is not as if the death of Julia Carson and the need to replace her had been kept a deep dark secret. The authorities have bent over backwards and still folks complain.
And hooray for PAPER ballots. No secret computer code, no hanging chads, just an X by a name - hard to go wrong there. When the votes are counted by represntatives of all interested parties, I fail to see room for manipulation.
Cant please some folks

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Mar 9, 2008
mab wrote:
What is to be confused about? You get a written INVITATION for the election with date and place. It is not as if the death of Julia Carson and the need to replace her had been kept a deep dark secret. The authorities have bent over backwards and still folks complain.
And hooray for PAPER ballots. No secret computer code, no hanging chads, just an X by a name - hard to go wrong there. When the votes are counted by represntatives of all interested parties, I fail to see room for manipulation.
GREAT POINT, my Austrian friend.

Some folks will complain about ANYTHING.

Jeeze. What would make them happy? If the election was held in their living room?

If that was the case, they'd bit-h about the time of day.

Can't make some people happy. And those are the same ones who will vote for Juli... I mean the phenomenally unqualified "Andre" Carsonac...

...one of the few "non-felons" in their family.
congrats

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 9, 2008
I want to thank Sean Shepard, here two days before the election, for putting another Carson in Congress. The only thing the Libertarians are good for is putting Democrats in seats.
ParForTheCourse

West Manchester, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2008
congrats wrote:
I want to thank Sean Shepard, here two days before the election, for putting another Carson in Congress. The only thing the Libertarians are good for is putting Democrats in seats.
Yo know, I went to the polls in November with a similar sense of despair that my vote for Ballard would probably be ineffectual against the corrupt Democratic machine in the county. I woke up the next day happily surprised. Who's to say? Maybe we can pull it off again. Despite your dislike for the Lbertarian candidate, I assume you're voting Elrod on Tuesday? Right? Surely you won't b}t(h and moan about how horrible Carson is (which he clearly is) and then not take part. Right?
remove Beth White

Lebanon, IN

#7 Mar 9, 2008
This Lady is the worst Clerk we have ever had. Just when I think that office could not be any worse, they prove me wrong again. She is terrible.
Einstein

AOL

#8 Mar 9, 2008
remove Beth White wrote:
This Lady is the worst Clerk we have ever had. Just when I think that office could not be any worse, they prove me wrong again. She is terrible.
The MAYOR'S office changed the polling places, not the Clerk. If you want to bitch and moan about your government, then learn a little something about it first.
AMAZED

AOL

#10 Mar 9, 2008
mexico is for donkeys wrote:
Put the polls by the liquor store and I bet
all the food stamping voters can find it.
Yes, I am white, and yes this is about race,
and yes you are not as good.
Thank God Noblesville has nothing to do with this election. That red-neck, hillbilly armpit of Indiana deserves you.
IMHO

AOL

#11 Mar 9, 2008
remove Beth White wrote:
She seems to make alot of errors....unfortunately, they ALL seem to favor the Democrat party..Doesn't seem like a coincidence, does it?
oneblankspace

United States

#12 Mar 9, 2008
A county this size with 590 polling places. Sure a whole lot better than in Virginia, where a county with about the tenth of the population has about 20 polling places.
John Galt

Jeffersonville, OH

#13 Mar 9, 2008
For those of you who don't understand why people are confused: within 2 days i got an email from the IEC telling me "Location A", while Andre Carson's staff stopped by to tell me that it has been changed to "Location B".

Which one do I believe? I'm sorry but I have to agree with the article. This is confusing, the timing is bad (was it possible to do this in May? perhaps that was answered I stopped reading), and Elizabeth White has a history of dropping the ball which makes people understandably suspicious.
John Galt

Jeffersonville, OH

#14 Mar 9, 2008
Amazed: Your responses are very disappointing. You feed the stereo type that you northside suburbanites are a bunch of sissies who didn't fight to save their community but rather ran and hid behind their privacy fences out in the burbs.

Perhaps I should also judge you by that stereotype.

(and for the record, I am HAPPY with my choice for Ballard)
grampa

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Mar 9, 2008
Twice in the past 3 elections, they changed my polling place! At least the link to the polling place locator that the star published, worked!
Phil H Indianapolis

Lapel, IN

#16 Mar 9, 2008
I live on the Southwestside in an apartment complex and have not received a card telling me where to vote. I feel disinfranchised. Doesn't my vote count? Where do I vote Marion County Election Board?
time for a change

AOL

#17 Mar 9, 2008
Hey, I am a republican and am happy about the cards being issued to tell about new polling locations: I have a permanent address and I can read so maybe my vote will actually count this year in the 7th district.
History Teacher

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Mar 9, 2008
remove Beth White wrote:
She has had problems every time there is an election. Of course the worst was her first when she alienated hundreds of voters by not having their polling places open.

Now she says that 64 days isn't "enough" time to redo the computers? OMG. Get some teenager to do it for them, they can do anything on computers!?!

She is always so full of excuses.
Well

Greenfield, IN

#19 Mar 9, 2008
Phil H Indianapolis wrote:
I live on the Southwestside in an apartment complex and have not received a card telling me where to vote. I feel disinfranchised. Doesn't my vote count? Where do I vote Marion County Election Board?
Whatever you do, don't click on the link in the article to the polling place locater, or call the number given. That would be too easy. I recommend you sit at your computer and bitch.
taxed

United States

#20 Mar 9, 2008
I have received no card in the mail, but did check the web site. Sure enough my site has been changed to much further away from my house.
MAKE SURE YOU FIND OUT WHERE YOU ARE TO VOTE...I FOUND OUT MINE WAS CHANGED, QUITE BY ACCIDENT.
VOTE!
YOUR SITE MAY HAVE CHANGED...FIND OUT!
(This is in the Broad Ripple area)

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!!!
taxed

United States

#21 Mar 9, 2008
Phil H Indianapolis wrote:
Use your phone or check the web site...not too hard!
www.imaps.indygov.org/pollinglocator/
Intelligence

AOL

#22 Mar 9, 2008
John Galt wrote:
Amazed: Your responses are very disappointing. You feed the stereo type that you northside suburbanites are a bunch of sissies who didn't fight to save their community but rather ran and hid behind their privacy fences out in the burbs.
Perhaps I should also judge you by that stereotype.
(and for the record, I am HAPPY with my choice for Ballard)
Not sure who you are talking to (yourself?) but your happiness with your choice of Ballard speaks volumes about your intelligence -- not much there.
Hundreds

AOL

#23 Mar 9, 2008
History Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
She has had problems every time there is an election. Of course the worst was her first when she alienated hundreds of voters by not having their polling places open.
Now she says that 64 days isn't "enough" time to redo the computers? OMG. Get some teenager to do it for them, they can do anything on computers!?!
She is always so full of excuses.
It's not the programming that's a problem, it's the volume. I doubt that a teenager could re-program several hundred computers in a 64 days. Maybe she could do what Ballard did and OVERPAY a bunch of people to do it.

You hate Democrats. We get it. But do us all a favor and keep your inane comments about things you know nothing about to yourself.

As far as Democrats go, you had better get used to us. We'll be in the White House and controlling Congress in a few months!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loose lips sink subs 5 hr Fat schlubs sink ... 1
Mike Flynn Lied to Pentagon on Security Clearan... 8 hr Lock Em Up 3
Kushner failed to disclose ties to Soros, and o... 8 hr Drain the Swamp 1
Mike Flynn takes the Fifth 20 hr Lock Flynn Up Now... 4
Carrier moving jobs to Mexico in spite of Trump... 20 hr Trumped Carrier W... 1
Fox News Tue Buh Bye Fox 24
Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back ag... Tue Lock Him Up 1

Speedway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance