Corporate mistake leads to $3.09 gas

Corporate mistake leads to $3.09 gas

There are 81 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jun 13, 2008, titled Corporate mistake leads to $3.09 gas. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Drivers couldn't believe their eyes in Beech Grove. Around midnight, 24-Hour News 8 started receiving calls into our newsroom about cheap gas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tim

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 13, 2008
Sorry about the BIG companies luck!!!!It would be nice to see alot of the oil companies screw up!!!!!!!!!!
acode65

Rockford, IL

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Well,I notice prices at 3.99 for a week.Then this crap comes out that says it should be 4.19 and presto,prices are at 4.19.HHHHHMMMMM,we are getting scammed
Penny

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2008
I know for a fact these gas stations have to pay for their fuel before it is put in the ground. I work at a Shell Station for 4 years. Now if you pay for it before it is delivered at one price and just because rumor has it prices increase and you raise the price that is just more profit in their pockets and that is just CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
JustMe

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jun 13, 2008
Well, the station owners may not be making any money - but someone sure as heck is. Could it possibly be the large oil companies? All I know for sure is that the little guy can't survive much longer with the gas proces and the ripple effect on everything else.
Beech Grove Mom

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jun 13, 2008
I got gas there last Friday for 3.81 and I thought that was a deal so last night I went and got more for 3.09 now that's a deal.
Kersie

Rockford, IL

#8 Jun 13, 2008
These prices are robbery.
KAS

Greenville, SC

#9 Jun 13, 2008
wow who would of thought a while ago that 3.09$ a gal was a great price...

Sad times ahead for all.
Chris

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2008
What I dont understand is the prices fluctuate, but isnt the gas underground at the station the same exact gas that was there when prices were lower?

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#11 Jun 13, 2008
I have worked at convenience stores, and the incorrect price went in by accident. Changing gas prices is accomplished by computer, and if someone entered the wrong numbers, it was not intentional. More likely it was fixed within a few hours.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#12 Jun 13, 2008
p.s. convenience stores only make about 9 cents for every gallon they sell.

TRUE.
Jessica

Dos Palos, CA

#13 Jun 13, 2008
ha ha ha thats funny
Regular Jo

Lake Mary, FL

#14 Jun 13, 2008
Penny, The gas stations have to sell the gas for enough money to buy the gas when they need the tank filled again. There isn't much the gas station can do about it unless they don't want to have gas.
The real trouble is going to come from inflation. Energy costs have a big hand in this as well as the fact that rates are super low.(goverment "printing" money). I think we are just starting to feel the pain.
Miss m

Dos Palos, CA

#15 Jun 13, 2008
Ha Ha Ha thats funny
mad

Monticello, KY

#16 Jun 13, 2008
There is no reason gas prices should be this high with the oil we have here in the US and all the money we send oerseas. We need to learn to take of our own and quit helping the ones that are taking advantage of us.
what a rip off

Boylston, MA

#17 Jun 13, 2008
If they make vehicles that run on water, they will put a lot of companies out of business.
Gas prices along with everything else is just to much for some people on a fixed income...... if everyone just revolted and stopped using gas for a few days, this just might bring the cost of fuel down.
Jenny

Decatur, IL

#18 Jun 13, 2008
When are WE (a collective we as Americans) going to start taking responsibility for ourselves? Look on 465 sometime ..... many, many, many LARGE cars with only ONE person inside.
We must be smarter and conserve. We must be good stewards.
Remember When

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jun 13, 2008
I paid $3.91/gal Thursday at Thornton's before the price went up to over $4. It still cost me $50.00 to fill my tank! It is really getting scary!
shawn

Lynnwood, WA

#20 Jun 13, 2008
i wish we could all be so lucky as to get CHEAP gas prices......and by the way, I disagree with the comment that Californians are paying the highest in the country, there are places in the state of Alaska that are paying 10-15 dollars a gallon, areas in the bush, and on the frozen interior. We, as Americans, need to do something to stop these gas prices from going too high, it is getting rediculous.
Danielle

Buxton, ME

#22 Jun 13, 2008
I wish that would happen in my area, we are scrimping and saving to just drive to and from work.
Dino

Montgomery, AL

#23 Jun 13, 2008
Not buying gas for 2-3 days doesn't help anything. You will eventually have to get gas again. If you really want to hurt them, simply drive less. http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/01/Autos/driving... has alot of good driving tips.

"If you want a big gain in fuel mileage, though, you need to seriously lay off the pedals when driving around town. Accelerating more slowly away from green lights and stopping more gradually for red lights cut fuel consumption in Edmunds.com 's tests by 35.4 percent for the Land Rover and 27.1 percent for the Mustang."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pence after Carrier deal: Trump is 'a champion ... 42 min natureboy 21
CarrierChuckJones 9 hr TrumpedThePuney 1
Pizzagate vs Enabalers 9 hr TrumpedThePuney 5
Burger Chef murders can be solved 21 hr Linda Bedsore 21
Pill popping drunks get to keep their jobs. Tue natureboy 25
MoreFakeNews Tue blahblah 2
To Jennie Runevitch Tue TrumpedThemFairly 1

Speedway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance