Police: Man targeting east side elderly

Police: Man targeting east side elderly

There are 25 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Police: Man targeting east side elderly. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Multiple home invasions on the east side have prompted police to ask for the public's help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
David

Mooresville, IN

#1 Dec 6, 2008
This guy is the lowest form of scum; targeting those least able to defend themselves. Hopefully, he'll either be caught soon, or break into the wrong house and get his fool head blown off. I hope it's the later ... save us the cost of a trial.

“Splat!”

Since: Sep 08

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 6, 2008
Break into my house one time and see what happens! You will be a statistic.
IndyMoms

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 6, 2008
Why not have a few cops dress up as old ladies/men, and shoot to kill when this bully tries to take THEM down???

Perverted Justice uses decoys to entrap would-be pedophiles - why not have a similiar vigilanti type group grab guys like this??
Chris

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Dec 6, 2008
Come break in my home brotha! I have a surprise for you! What kind of a loser does this to old people? I hope this breaks into the wrong home one of these days and leaves the house on his back.
Michelle

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 6, 2008
Okay, so catch him, charge him and then what? Plead it down to vandalism because he broke a door? Give him probation? 6 months/do 2 months? Nothing? What do you do with people who have such a lack of personal character that they would ever think of doing this kind of thing in the first place? Do we really expect that something is going to make him have a change of heart and all of a sudden be something less than a big hocker on the sidewalk of life? I'm not saying that the death penalty is appropriate for every transgression, but crimes against the elderly, the disabled and children requires a certain kind of devil's soul and I don't know how you can fix that?
Latrice Pumumba

Carmel, IN

#6 Dec 6, 2008
Michelle wrote:
Okay, so catch him, charge him and then what? Plead it down to vandalism because he broke a door? Give him probation? 6 months/do 2 months? Nothing? What do you do with people who have such a lack of personal character that they would ever think of doing this kind of thing in the first place? Do we really expect that something is going to make him have a change of heart and all of a sudden be something less than a big hocker on the sidewalk of life? I'm not saying that the death penalty is appropriate for every transgression, but crimes against the elderly, the disabled and children requires a certain kind of devil's soul and I don't know how you can fix that?
Sent them to work camps like the Soviets had, Gulags. Anyone who survived a stretch in one of them always kept their nose clean lest they be sent back. But, cannot do that, these scumbags "have rights". More and better "rights" than the persons they prey on.
Starlett Miller

Marysville, OH

#7 Dec 6, 2008
Latrice Pumumba wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent them to work camps like the Soviets had, Gulags. Anyone who survived a stretch in one of them always kept their nose clean lest they be sent back. But, cannot do that, these scumbags "have rights". More and better "rights" than the persons they prey on.
Once again you are wrong...

"More rights"?
"Better rights"?

Name one right that a "scumbag" has that you don't.

Name one "better" right.
andy

Carmel, IN

#8 Dec 6, 2008
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
"More rights"?
"Better rights"?
Name one right that a "scumbag" has that you don't.
Name one "better" right.
A court appointed lawyer.
jim

Carmel, IN

#9 Dec 6, 2008
andy wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, if your a bum you get one free but if you got money you hafta pay. starlet outta no all about what a bum is hes one hiself.
Starlett Miller

Marysville, OH

#10 Dec 6, 2008
andy wrote:
<quoted text>

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#11 Dec 6, 2008
andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Vicitms have "unhired" lawyers they are called Prosecutors they are the one who represents the victims. However; I do agree the criminal seemingly has more rights then the victims when caught. They have a right to representation even if they can not afford it, they have a right to a fair and speedy trial, they have a right to be treated (more) humanly then their victims were in the crime, they have a right to be protected by the constitution and if by some mishap they are mistreated they have the right to have the ACLU and or NAACP climb all over the system to protect their rights. Where as the victim, has a right to confront their attacker, they have a right to sit down shut up and let the prosecutors decide the fate of the criminal and they have a right to HOPE they may recover some restitution for their losses.
Latrice Pumumba

Carmel, IN

#12 Dec 6, 2008
NoseyLikeYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Vicitms have "unhired" lawyers they are called Prosecutors they are the one who represents the victims. However; I do agree the criminal seemingly has more rights then the victims when caught. They have a right to representation even if they can not afford it, they have a right to a fair and speedy trial, they have a right to be treated (more) humanly then their victims were in the crime, they have a right to be protected by the constitution and if by some mishap they are mistreated they have the right to have the ACLU and or NAACP climb all over the system to protect their rights. Where as the victim, has a right to confront their attacker, they have a right to sit down shut up and let the prosecutors decide the fate of the criminal and they have a right to HOPE they may recover some restitution for their losses.
That was the point I was trying to make regarding the rights of criminals as opposed to victims. You have explained it far better than I could have without all the confromtational gibberish of some others. What I meant to say and possibly didn't make it clear was that if a criminal has no funds they are appointed an attorney to represent them. Aren't they called Public Defenders?

“Nosey just like you”

where I lay my head

#13 Dec 6, 2008
Latrice Pumumba wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the point I was trying to make regarding the rights of criminals as opposed to victims. You have explained it far better than I could have without all the confromtational gibberish of some others. What I meant to say and possibly didn't make it clear was that if a criminal has no funds they are appointed an attorney to represent them. Aren't they called Public Defenders?
Yes, they are called Public defenders lol what a name for someone who defends the criminal and not the public huh!!!
TRIGGER HAPPY

Redford, MI

#14 Dec 6, 2008
I happen to live very near the first victim, and I,
"along with a few buddies" pay alot more attention to the boys walking through the area at night.
THERE ARE some residents in Emerson Heights area
that really hope Mr.tough guy burgular enters the
RIGHT home so we dont have to bother the
PUBLIC PRETENDERS OFFICE with any more of this
mis-guided youth's shenannigans! POW! POW!

“Splat!”

Since: Sep 08

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Dec 6, 2008
TRIGGER HAPPY wrote:
I happen to live very near the first victim, and I,
"along with a few buddies" pay alot more attention to the boys walking through the area at night.
THERE ARE some residents in Emerson Heights area
that really hope Mr.tough guy burgular enters the
RIGHT home so we dont have to bother the
PUBLIC PRETENDERS OFFICE with any more of this
mis-guided youth's shenannigans! POW! POW!
Yes, please, my house,,,,,,,,,, just one time!!!!!!

“blessed be and be a blessing ”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 6, 2008
my sister, who is blind, lives in that area and had someone try to get into her house while she was home. i hope they get this guy soon
Fire up Sparky

Avon, IN

#17 Dec 7, 2008
andy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, all I hear is crickets from our "name 1 right defender".

Don't forget drug or mental health treatment, that any working person would have to pay for, ummm, lets see, free food, boarding, utilities, and medical care when incarcerated, and some cases a college degree.
and most times no restitution, so the victim again becomes victimized by our judicial system, being that most judges figure if they were stealing they'll commit more thefts to pay off the restitution.
Once again another right to life liberty pursuit of happiness and sovereignty all tossed out the window, while Johnny useless Leech gets his free ride to recovery from society.

Lets not forget the cable tv, or gym to work out in that John Working Citizen has no right to unless he pays a cable company or a gym membership.
Irvingtonian

Crawfordsville, IN

#18 Dec 7, 2008
Its true. My Irvington neighbors are all buying guns and ammo before the Obama administration is sworn in. This is not only gun freaks. The lesbian couple in their late fifties living next door to my parents have always proudly kept self defense weapons, but now they literally beam with pride over their growing arsenal of protection. The elderly on our street are particularly nervous after being targeted time and again. A nasty rash of home invasions in our neighborhood by blacks wanting drug money has pushed the neighborhood to arm itself. Whatever you may think of rascism, the steady increase in violent property crime in our neighborhood by non-resident blacks is freaking out the homeowners. If the police can't protect us then we'll protect ourselves. Its a failure of law enforcement. They solve a lot of crimes. After the fact. People don't want to be victims. We're funny that way.
Starlett Miller

Marysville, OH

#19 Dec 7, 2008
Fire up Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, all I hear is crickets from our "name 1 right defender".
Don't forget drug or mental health treatment, that any working person would have to pay for, ummm, lets see, free food, boarding, utilities, and medical care when incarcerated, and some cases a college degree.
and most times no restitution, so the victim again becomes victimized by our judicial system, being that most judges figure if they were stealing they'll commit more thefts to pay off the restitution.
Once again another right to life liberty pursuit of happiness and sovereignty all tossed out the window, while Johnny useless Leech gets his free ride to recovery from society.
Lets not forget the cable tv, or gym to work out in that John Working Citizen has no right to unless he pays a cable company or a gym membership.

Fool...

We all have the SAME rights.

Most of the things you mentioned are not "rights"

The right to cable tv? Ha...

Look up rights...
lay off the crackpipe

Avon, IN

#20 Dec 7, 2008
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool...
We all have the SAME rights.
Most of the things you mentioned are not "rights"
The right to cable tv? Ha...
Look up rights...
Tool, when someone else gets free what you have to pay for, then NO YOU DONT!
So whats your address? So I can start sending you my bills and MAKE YOU pay for them.
I mean afterall in your eyes that wouldn't be infringing on your rights, and if you can't afford a gym membership too bad, according to your logic, its my right for you to pay my membership for me.

Justice is blind or haven't you heard? But I suppose politicians, hollywood stars, and millionaires walk because they have the same rights as you and me..........NO because they have better access to rights via money, so if their money through inheritance or whatever gives them better representation in a court of law,.....THEN NO WE DONT ALL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, or sentencing in itself would be the same across the board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor Hogsett's son arrested for drug possessio... 2 hr Christopher 5
punishment (Jul '15) 9 hr 1BIGObamination 7
Dancers showclub (Mar '13) Sun Fool isnt the word 19
Poll Which Indiana city/town should claim Tony Stewart? (Feb '08) Sun Boy from Homer 40
News Odor complaints flood Hamilton County, Indianap... Jul 22 Lavon Affair 2
News Pence: I'll campaign for Trump anywhere, anytime Jul 22 PURIM PARTY 30
Know anybody with rare, old coins/currency? Jul 22 wizard of ZOG 2

Speedway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Speedway Mortgages