curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

I lived in Indy until 1978. My parents moved us to Tennessee. I used to love Roselyn Bakery and was doing a search on the Internet. I saw that there was a cookbook that came out after the bakeries closed. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? I've tried e-bay but I didn't have any luck.

Thanks!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

curious wrote:
I lived in Indy until 1978. My parents moved us to Tennessee. I used to love Roselyn Bakery and was doing a search on the Internet. I saw that there was a cookbook that came out after the bakeries closed. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? I've tried e-bay but I didn't have any luck.
Thanks!
Found this on amazon.com !

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_3_7...
curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Thanks! Wow, now that's a nice price for a cookbook!~ Ha-Ha! Anybody have one for less?

“Is this thing on?”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

curious wrote:
Thanks! Wow, now that's a nice price for a cookbook!~ Ha-Ha! Anybody have one for less?
Well, I think there still is one of the original recipe books floating around somewhere from the 30th & Keystone plant. You know.....the Roselyn's 'secret' recipes that contained the mice feces & roach particles garnish. Yum Yum!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

In later years the recipes simplified. Half stick of butter, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of flour, a tablespoon of rat droppings and a pinch of cockroach.

To this day I can't believe they were so stupid as to not keep their bakery clean.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

I could really go for a dozen of those pineapple danish rolls right now...
IndyRaceGirl48

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

curious wrote:
Thanks!
I worked at Marsh Supermarket until 2007. they sold them there. I think it was a seasonal thing. Not sure if they still sell them but I would give them a call and see
curious

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I read on the Internet about the numerous inspection failures. Such a shame to let something go to pot like that. They were an awesome bakery back in the 70's. Of course, I was a kid then so I wasn't looking for health violations. It could have been going on then for all I know.
rhonda

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

I would love the recipe for their whipped cream cake (white) and their cowboy cookies. Can anyone post this for me please?
Rodney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

I loved Roselyn Bakery too as a child. I really felt kind of betrayed when their dirty secrets were exposed. What a shame.
buttermilk jumbles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

http://gigabitwarez.com/dl/roselyn+s+bakery+c...

sez itsa free download of the book; caveat emptor.
buttermilk jumbles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

none of the grocery store crap is any good. not fresh, sad.
Morris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Ask Mayor Ballard. Old lard ass knows a thing or two about donuts and dirt.
Linda

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

I sent my brother a sympathy card when they went out of business, I loved there Easter goodies and Boston cream pie!
tobie

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

curious wrote:
Thanks!

I just saw three of the cookbooks on ebay
The Impressive Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Does the recipie come with cockroaches also? I think soe bugs in the flour akes for a nice crunchy flavor and texture of protein.
Season in the toilet

Bedford, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I know people who were involved with the investigation... one told me that the floors were so disgusting he left his shoes there because he didn't want them in his car.
Mawmaw

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

I'm looking for a Roselyn cookbook to buy
2Bad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Season in the toilet wrote:
I know people who were involved with the investigation... one told me that the floors were so disgusting he left his shoes there because he didn't want them in his car.
...why keep posting the same thing? Several people posting about the bugs and such doesn't bear any resolve.
Sally Dee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Can anyone tell me where I can get the recipe for Roselyn Bakery Cream Horns? They were my favorite & I've been craving them. The cookbook is expensive, & I can't afford it now. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Speedway Discussions

Search the Speedway Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Family of 15-year-old Indianapolis murder victi... 4 hr Curious 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 13 hr Two Cents 86
Purdue offering veterinary camps at State Fair 13 hr Coda1 1
They're Here 20 hr single smoking n looking 2
Parc Bordeaux Apts Awful 21 hr single smoking n looking 3
Knockout Game in Broad-Robbers Tue Ralph 3
Rebecca Driscoll Tue Curious 4
•••
•••