$3.99 a gallon

$3.99 a gallon

There are 14 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Apr 12, 2011, titled $3.99 a gallon. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

An employee changed the price of a gallon of unleaded gas at the Kentucky Avenue and Holt Road station Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

Brainard supporter

Milliken, CO

#1 Apr 12, 2011
This proves the failure of Obama's
phony "energy policy".

Vote his ass out in November 2012.

No more blacks in the WHITE HOUSE!!

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#2 Apr 12, 2011
Every year, at this time, the prices go up. I don't understand why people are so up in arms about this. We are only one of about 4 countries in the world that pay only $2-3 a gallon - everyone else pays $5,$7,$9 per gallon, and do so without blinking an eye. Americans have to get used to the idea that for too long, they've been being babied by reasonable gas prices, figuring they're entitled to cheap gas. We're not. We've been screwing with the middle east for so long, and it's time to pay the price for our meddlesome nature; then we're all shocked and shaken because the summer is here and the prices go up.

What truly irks me is the fact that the government screams at us to 'Go green' but won't provide the means. Make solar panels more affordable. Make hydrogen and/or electric cars more affordable. Stop shutting poor people out of the car-buying market by making cars that are uber-expensive. I can afford a $13k loan for a new car, but none of them are green. Green cars start at about $20k (a base model with no extras). My fault? No, and no, don't tell me I need an additional job to pay for it; that I'm lazy. I'm only one person, and 40 hours a week is enough for me. These politicians need to start putting their money where their mouth is.

oh, and ps, Whitestown? Don't respond to this, IDK what you think. Jealousy will eat you alive.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Russia1513 wrote:
......What truly irks me is the fact that the government screams at us to 'Go green' but won't provide the means......
Ethanol was the best.
Drove up food prices for everything that uses corn.
Engines get fewer mpg using it.
Kinda reminds me of the gubment mandated 1.6 gal flush toilets that have to be flushed twice.
Russia1514

Milliken, CO

#4 Apr 12, 2011
What??
now you know

Ashburn, VA

#5 Apr 12, 2011
every worthless republician religionist should have to pay 3 times as much for fuel than everyone else.

dirty ditch mitch should be imprisioned due to his not allowing a convicted racketeer involved in oil futures racketeering.

put them all in jail!

all oil futures should be stopped for at least 10 years, in order for the american economy to survive.

political and media lies will not improve the economy, the same has destroyed many nations.
MountainMan

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 12, 2011
When this country turns its back on God things will get bad. We only reap what we sow in life, God will bring this country to its knees count on it.
Ole John

Ingalls, IN

#7 Apr 12, 2011
Shyt,

Resources prove were overflowing, and drowning in an over abundance of Oil,....

"Supply & Demand" be damned !

The reason why gas prices are so high,....from the Big Oil, Companies,..is,..
"To Make Up For Lost Revenue"

Lost "Revunes" my azz,.....a couple of years ago EXON/MOBILE posted a 47 BILLION DOLLAR QUARTERLY PROFIT, for their last quarter.

47 BILLION DOLLARS PROFIT IN 3 MONTHS ???????

Our Presidents job is to prevent "Price Gouging"...

Bush sure did a great job protecting us,.didnt he ?

So is Obummer !
Rabid

Granger, IN

#8 Apr 14, 2011
MountainMan wrote:
When this country turns its back on God things will get bad. We only reap what we sow in life, God will bring this country to its knees count on it.
Translation:

I'm too stupid to comment on the topic.

“6 of one, 0110 of the other.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2011
MountainMan wrote:
Well if he's gonna be like that, f*ck him. I'll keep my flying spaghetti monster, whose meaty love extends well beyond his noodly appendages, you keep your angry, jealous, petty sky wizard.
Homosexual Bigot

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Apr 15, 2011
I want gas to continue to climb in price until a lot of people can no longer afford to drive.
OMGLOL

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2011
now you know wrote:
every worthless republician religionist should have to pay 3 times as much for fuel than everyone else.
dirty ditch mitch should be imprisioned due to his not allowing a convicted racketeer involved in oil futures racketeering.
put them all in jail!
all oil futures should be stopped for at least 10 years, in order for the american economy to survive.
political and media lies will not improve the economy, the same has destroyed many nations.
Religionist??? Did you make up this word just to be funny, or are you really that stupid? Sadly, I fear the latter
Big Money Inc

Freetown, IN

#13 Apr 27, 2011
B*tch and moan. That's all Americans can do. Impotent little peasants that are willing to ask "How High?" when WE say "Jump".
You'll continue to get the shaft as long as you're willing to accept the shaft. The truth is,you love the shaft. It's all you're going to receive from us.. The Big Money Men.
In fact,you'll gladly give us everything we want to your own detriment. Masochists,suckers,fools and eunuchs. That's what you've become in just 2 generations. It's not going to change soon. We'll continue to throw plenty of dollars behind our favored candidate(s),she/he will throw out the usual canards:
I believe in Jesus
I like apple pie
I'm heterosexual
I have a family
Business is always good
I go to church
....And you'll vote for him/her. Indiana voted for ex-lobbyist Dan Coats as a representative..What's that tell you? You people will never learn.
And you wonder why things are all screwed up for yourselves.
Ps. I want to personally thank those of you of the hoi poloi for supporting the tax breaks for the richest 1%. We get the breaks....You get to make up the difference.
Russia1313two

Milliken, CO

#14 Apr 28, 2011
OOOH MAU MAU papa OOO MAU MAU Papa papa OOO MAU

can you relate???

OOOh OHH papa OOO mau mau!

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Russia1313two wrote:
OOOH MAU MAU papa OOO MAU MAU Papa papa OOO MAU
can you relate???
OOOh OHH papa OOO mau mau!
Jealous? Quit stalking me, Whitestown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Speedway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race is was why Burger Chef murders happened (Oct '16) 2 hr Turn Yourself In 23
Burger Chef murders can be solved (Oct '16) 4 hr A Different Kind ... 36
Suspected Burger Chef Perps... 5 hr ScarFace 6
The Burger Chef Murders (Dec '13) 5 hr A Different Kind ... 32
The little coke house on Carson 7 hr sowhat 2
anyone know stephen dale hurst in indianapolis ... (Jul '09) 11 hr Last Train 2 Clar... 5
Help Solve the Burger Chef Murders (Oct '16) 13 hr I Hate These People 2

Speedway Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Speedway Mortgages