Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stu...

Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stumped at Beaufort event

There are 1 comment on the The Island Packet story from Oct 28, 2017, titled Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stumped at Beaufort event. In it, The Island Packet reports that:

Archaeologist Eric Poplin takes a picture of the strange artifact Beverly Hay, right, brought to the Archaeological Society of South Carolina's fifth annual "What the Heck Is It?" event at the Beaufort library on Saturday. Hay said she'd bought the object for $100 at an antique store near Spartanburg and was eager to find out what it was.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Island Packet.

Mcemerson

Amherst, MA

#1 Oct 29, 2017
I believe the artifact is a three channel tuyere. They usually sit horizontally, but this one could have fed air vertically into a firing chamber..the bellows would have attached to these nozzels in three different spots....just a guess since I havent inspected it myself...
Matt Emerson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Teens Of SC (Sep '14) Nov 23 Lightbright 24
Murderer Jonathan Benny (Apr '15) Nov 21 Facts Smith 11
The Midnight Sun (Mar '10) Nov '18 Karen 21
News 'Taught to hate myself': How gay conversion the... Oct '18 Mr Fuji 16
News Man who found woman's body charged with murder (May '08) Oct '18 Peg Trisbin 14
Old Friend Sep '18 Paul Kersey 4
Ryan Arnold Sep '18 Paul Kersey 3

Spartanburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Spartanburg Mortgages