Customer shoots robbery suspect at SC Waffle Shop

Jan 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg

Authorities say a customer at a South Carolina Waffle shop pulled a gun and shot one of two men trying to rob the restaurant.

Comments
1 - 20 of 132 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“look up and laugh”

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#1 Jan 22, 2012
GOOD for for the customer. This should happen more often.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Jan 22, 2012
jdmdusa wrote:
GOOD for for the customer. This should happen more often.
You're saying that violent crime should occur more often? LOL, you should get your wish with your family being victimized first.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#3 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>You're saying that violent crime should occur more often? LOL, you should get your wish with your family being victimized first.
Other than being a complete D!ck, did you actually have something to contribute?

Kudos to the person that took the time to obtain their concealed carry and stop a crime...I agree with the first post...
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 22, 2012
Awesome, I hope the owner rewarded the customer with a free meal every month.
Storm Warning

Tomah, WI

#5 Jan 22, 2012
so whats the big deal the robber got a hole with his donut
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#7 Jan 22, 2012
The entire country is so ashamed of SC for its racism, violence and ignorance. SC deserves what gingrich will do to your middle class.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>You're saying that violent crime should occur more often? LOL, you should get your wish with your family being victimized first.
Stopping an armed robber from killing other customers is a crime in your mind??? Would you feel better about this if the robbers had killed a few customers before they were stopped? Nothing much worse than a cowardly sheep that loves wolves.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#9 Jan 22, 2012
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>

Kudos to the person that took the time to obtain their concealed carry and stop a crime
The concealed carry person didn't stop a crime, he attempted a citizen's arrest on persons who allegedly robbed the Waffle House. Had the CCW person actually been able to "stop a crime" this incident would not be a police matter. You do understand the English language, right?

"Officer, you cannot arrest that man, I stopped the crime!" LOL, southern fktardians.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#10 Jan 22, 2012
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Stopping an armed robber from killing other customers is a crime in your mind???
No, I didn't say that, in the original post, the poster said he wished this would happen more often, therefore the original poster was hoping more armed robberies would occur.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#11 Jan 22, 2012
Storm Warning wrote:
so whats the big deal the robber got a hole with his donut
Actually, that's not what legally happened, the man was not shot for robbing the store...that would mean that the CCW committed murder...there is no South Carolina law that says, "citizen robs store, citizen may shoot robber".

“Yum Chocolate!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't say that, in the original post, the poster said he wished this would happen more often, therefore the original poster was hoping more armed robberies would occur.
I think your the one you misunderstood the first post. I took the first post to mean that the customer was able to stop one of the two men trying to rob the restaurant. Not that they wanted more armed robberies not sure where you got that from????
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#13 Jan 22, 2012
Ginrich fooled you all. he is laughing at how easily he duped you

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#14 Jan 22, 2012
Chatty Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
I took the first post to mean that the customer was able to stop one of the two men trying to rob the restaurant.
Ditz, if the customer stopped a robbery from occuring that would mean the accused are are innocent of robbery.

That said, the only way for "this to happen more often" would be for more robberies to occur.
First Class Steerage

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jan 22, 2012
alice wrote:
The entire country is so ashamed of SC for its racism, violence and ignorance. SC deserves what gingrich will do to your middle class.
I do not live or know anyone that lives in SC, but I doubt if they miss you in SC.

“Yum Chocolate!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Ditz, if the customer stopped a robbery from occuring that would mean the accused are are innocent of robbery.
That said, the only way for "this to happen more often" would be for more robberies to occur.
calm down...I don't agree with you but I will leave it at that since you are just looking to fight. Have a nice day.
DJZ

Crown Point, IN

#17 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
No, he/she was saying that there should be more people defending themselves like the customer in the article did.
Storm Warning

Tomah, WI

#18 Jan 22, 2012
More of these apes need to be dropped
DJZ

Crown Point, IN

#19 Jan 22, 2012
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Stopping an armed robber from killing other customers is a crime in your mind??? Would you feel better about this if the robbers had killed a few customers before they were stopped? Nothing much worse than a cowardly sheep that loves wolves.
No, he mis-interpreted what the first person said. He thought the other was saying that more robberies/crimes should happen, but was actually saying there should be more people fighting back like the customer did. PEACE!
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#20 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>The concealed carry person didn't stop a crime, he attempted a citizen's arrest on persons who allegedly robbed the Waffle House. Had the CCW person actually been able to "stop a crime" this incident would not be a police matter. You do understand the English language, right?
"Officer, you cannot arrest that man, I stopped the crime!" LOL, southern fktardians.
You are a DOOSHBAG.
Allegedly? Like he allegedly brought a gun to rob, allegedly pointed it at the Good Samaritan who got proactive and saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial and incarceration.
I'll bet you'd have had no problem with this whole senario if the customer was an off-duty cop who had his personal weapon on him.
Or if it was the owner who had a gun behind the counter.
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

#21 Jan 22, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Ditz, if the customer stopped a robbery from occuring that would mean the accused are are innocent of robbery.
They are't innocent of anything. They were robbing the place. Who cares if they had the money in their hand. The customer stopped them from leaving the premises with their ill-gotten gains. Thus he prevented the robbery from being successful.
And the poster didnt want more robberies to happen so there could be more potential shootings. They wished more customers carried weapons and got proactive, thus preventing robbers from escaping.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 19 hr GOLDSTONE REPORT 1,149
Any one knows John Birch from Boothill band? (Aug '09) Aug 19 Your mom 16
Review: Randys Auto Autobody Aug 12 public 1
Scam Alert, the "We'll pay you to decal your ca... Aug 6 captianobvious 1
Working the Drive-Thru Window for 12 Years With... Aug 6 captianobvious 5
Dirty sex offender Jerry Neal Morris from Dunca... Aug 6 captianobvious 1
14-year-old Girl Dies Week After Golf Cart Fall (Jan '08) Aug 6 no way 15
•••
•••
•••

Spartanburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000