Deputies: Don't use home mailbox

Deputies: Don't use home mailbox

There are 1 comment on the Lake Wylie Pilot story from Dec 17, 2010, titled Deputies: Don't use home mailbox. In it, Lake Wylie Pilot reports that:

Authorities are urging Spartanburg County residents not to put mail with money in their mailbox.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Wylie Pilot.

Lewisburg, PA

#1 Dec 18, 2010
It should take common sense to get rid of any Scrooges! It's never a good idea to put any cash in the mail or mailbox anyway. The holidays have brought out the crooks and Scrooges for many years, and in these bad economic times I'm not too surprised that someone has been taking advantage of others' trusting Christmas spirit. ID theft has been steadily on the rise for years, so even putting checks in the mailbox and then literally red-flagging to all who pass by that there is something there can also be dangerous! Don't forget that store gift cards so common this time of year do not require any ID to use them and it's quite easy to feel any plastic card inside of an envelope if you try to! Perhaps going to the P.O. to drop off certain things will at least have you see the place before they are eliminated by budget cuts! Take care of each other. Happy Holidays!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Owen*Michael Owen 20 hr Mike Owen Family 1
News Multiple crews respond to roof fire due to burn... Oct 20 solarcitizen 1
News Firefighters: Multiple injuries reported in Spa... Oct 4 pnther 1
Representative Gowdy. Sep '16 ESV1999 1
Nazareth Church Rd. Aug '16 Keybound 1
Reidville Road McDonalds (Aug '10) Jun '16 hunterbs 6
The Midnight Sun (Mar '10) Jun '16 Yeah Right 16

Spartanburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance