Working the Drive-Thru Window for 12 ...

Working the Drive-Thru Window for 12 Years Without Papers

There are 5 comments on the National Journal story from Jul 22, 2014, titled Working the Drive-Thru Window for 12 Years Without Papers. In it, National Journal reports that:

National Journal recently visited Greenville and Spartanburg to explore the changes happening in Upstate South Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Journal.

FredG

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2014
So she works the drive thru without "papers" -- no Social Security number--no withholdings, no taxes--no drivers license. Uh huh
Try getting a job as an Anglo without showing "papers" proving citizenship-- this is yellow journalism. False from the inception. A completely fabricated story.
Lizzyrella

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2014
I'm asking myself, "At the point where she consciously decides to ignore a judge's order, isn't that the point where she also risks her continued investment in life here, rather than Honduras?" What was she thinking...!?! I'll just risk it? See if I can get away with it? Cry when I get caught?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2014
It is amazing how her boyfriend had $3000 on hand to wire to her for bail. Most citizens barely can make ends meet.
The national fast food chain didn't ask for her Social Security card because she used a stolen SS# that belonged to a US citizen.
Had she respected our immigration laws she would not have had to put up with abusive customers. Our laws exist for a reason.
She was in contempt of court. Got married, had a baby, went on WIC, collected cash aide, food stamps, free medical and most likely never reported the income her boyfriend earned to welfare which means she received highest amount of cash aide and food stamps. And she wonders why Americans have a problem with her illegal status. If she is deported she has only herself to blame.
ShiprockBilagaan a

Tuba City, AZ

#4 Aug 2, 2014
12 years of an illegal alien working the drive-thru means at least 12 young, black South Carolinans were denied the chance to work a Summer job and get their first paycheck, on-the-job training and work experience they could have parlayed into higher paying positions. The story also notes that "Brenda" is now working at a packaging plant making $1.25 an hour more than she did at the fast food drive-thru. Tell me again about how illegal immigrants only take jobs "Americans do not want". For most in my generation, working a minimum wage job was both a right of passage into the workforce as well as our first step into finding a career we liked.

What the Obama Administration is doing is far more than just letting illegals into the country, they are also cementing all minorities, but especially the blacks, into a continuing cycle of generational poverty and dependence upon government that will both cripple them for years to come and increase the Democrat hold upon them.

Any vote for a Democrat in 2014 and 2016 is a racist vote against your own black, hispanic, asian, native american and caucasian fellow citizens.

Since: Aug 14

United States

#5 Aug 6, 2014
ShiprockBilagaana wrote:
12 years of an illegal alien working the drive-thru means at least 12 young, black South Carolinans were denied the chance to work a Summer job and get their first paycheck, on-the-job training and work experience they could have parlayed into higher paying positions. The story also notes that "Brenda" is now working at a packaging plant making $1.25 an hour more than she did at the fast food drive-thru. Tell me again about how illegal immigrants only take jobs "Americans do not want". For most in my generation, working a minimum wage job was both a right of passage into the workforce as well as our first step into finding a career we liked.
What the Obama Administration is doing is far more than just letting illegals into the country, they are also cementing all minorities, but especially the blacks, into a continuing cycle of generational poverty and dependence upon government that will both cripple them for years to come and increase the Democrat hold upon them.
Any vote for a Democrat in 2014 and 2016 is a racist vote against your own black, hispanic, asian, native american and caucasian fellow citizens.
The 12 black kids wouldn't have actually worked anyways, so what does it matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spartanburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willie P Mitchell Thu Concerned citizen 1
News Search begins where woman was found chained up ... (Nov '16) Nov 9 cadescove99 2
News Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stumped at Be... Oct 29 Mcemerson 1
Gay Teens Of SC (Sep '14) Oct 18 Adam 11
Bootleg Bill Canny. Oct 18 Adam 2
Considering relocating to Spartanburg NEED OPIN... (Jun '11) Oct 18 Adam 7
News Deputies: Spartanburg man victim of Ebay scam Sep '17 wayne hayes 1

Spartanburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Spartanburg Mortgages