Biggest Full Moon of the Year: Take 2

Biggest Full Moon of the Year: Take 2

There are 7 comments on the PhysOrg Weblog story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Biggest Full Moon of the Year: Take 2. In it, PhysOrg Weblog reports that:

The perigee full of Dec. 2008. \"A cold wind was blowing as the Moon set over a neighbor\'s farm,\" says photographer Eric Ingmundson of Sparta, Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PhysOrg Weblog.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Watch out for earthquakes.

Perigee & Perihelion result in big tidal ranges.

have a nice day: Ag
truthist

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2009
I saw perhaps one of the lowest tides in the Med in the week before. Do we have records?

formerly Nuneaton

#3 Jan 10, 2009
truthist wrote:
I saw perhaps one of the lowest tides in the Med in the week before. Do we have records?
Dont know.

The archives are not easy to find on the web and university courses are expensive in oceanography and waste lives as a result of very few job opportunities.

A useful one for a compilation archive under the USGS and IGY affiliates.

truthist

United States

#4 Jan 11, 2009
Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont know.
The archives are not easy to find on the web and university courses are expensive in oceanography and waste lives as a result of very few job opportunities.
A useful one for a compilation archive under the USGS and IGY affiliates.

I thought the full moon last night was noticeably smaller than the other one in Dec 08.

formerly Nuneaton

#5 Jan 13, 2009
truthist wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks :)
I thought the full moon last night was noticeably smaller than the other one in Dec 08.
Also missed out on the giant quakes too.

That was rather handy actually, those things in the right place are not good for the global economy, & it is bad enough with politicians & their little bribers taking from the till without major disasters on top.

truthist

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2009
Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
Also missed out on the giant quakes too.
That was rather handy actually, those things in the right place are not good for the global economy, & it is bad enough with politicians & their little bribers taking from the till without major disasters on top.
And after the disasters, too.

Katrina victims were blamed for their fate.
Cousin Jethro

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Jan 13, 2009
truthist wrote:
<quoted text>And after the disasters, too.
Katrina victims were blamed for their fate.
That was a demonstration of the "karma of convenience" rather like blaming rape victims & degenerate presidents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women at Work: Finding a job is hard work Mar '18 Warnthewomen 2
News About a healthy state (Feb '07) Feb '18 Voter 3
Election Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Feb '18 Voter 7,082
r.o.a.r. (Feb '10) Dec '17 Notta 2
News Rep. Ron Kind says Comey firing "an outrageous ... (May '17) May '17 Hopper 3
hello (Jan '06) Feb '17 Ihadtosayit 2
Bored (Dec '16) Feb '17 Andy 2

Sparta Jobs

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages